X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 13: Confirmation consternation contemplation

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
      That's it: power. And to have it you have to win. Win enough, at least, to keep them at bay.

Bigger, more gloomy picture--a Scooby take:

We are no longer at that moment in time when the powerful (wealthy) need masses of laborers to make their money. The machines which made so much money for them but which needed peons to maintain and run them, can now run themselves. Except for the fact that they need us to buy their shyt and vote for their puppets, they don't need us at all. So we are steadily becoming poorer, more marginalized, angrier, and afraid. We are, at the same time, both easier to control and a more volatile mass. We peons read less, exercise less, sleep poorly, and eat their deadly attention span killing energy sapping shiat. Our call to arms is to sit here and biatch to like-minded strangers.
      I firmly believe this country is in desperate need of a revolution. What this will look like depends on how much longer the power elite continue the status quo.

To quote my favorite president: “those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” - JFK
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Well the "vote to advance" is at 10:30. Then there will be "limited debate" and from all accounts the final vote should be tomorrow. From what I saw Flake, Murkowski and Collins havent told anyone how they will vote and neither has Manchin.

Now of course every GOPer will vote to push forward just like Judiciary did. Then they might as well buckle up because the siege begins.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

These people are just so SMRT!!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Bret Stephens (NYT Opinion columnist) is going to lose his key to the good mens room. Or maybe the building.

I’m grateful because Trump has not backed down in the face of the slipperiness, hypocrisy and dangerous standard-setting deployed by opponents of Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court. I’m grateful because ferocious and even crass obstinacy has its uses in life, and never more so than in the face of sly moral bullying. I’m grateful because he’s a big fat hammer fending off a razor-sharp dagger.
            https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/04/o...legations.html
            Last edited by The Sicatoka; 10-05-2018, 09:01 AM.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                Bret Stephens (NYT Opinion columnist) is going to lose his key to the good mens room. Or maybe the building.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/04/o...legations.html
                No, he isn't. The Times Op-Ed section loves to play Devil's Advocate.

Unless you're suggesting that Stephens is grateful because he's the next to be accused.

Comment

Not really important in the larger scheme of things re Kavanaugh, but this tweet from CNN's Ana Navarro did stand out to me in it's almost complete inaccuracy.

What do
                  -The Catholic Journal
                  -The largest organization of Christian churches
                  -Former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens all have in common?

They all think Kavanaugh should not be on the Supreme Court.
                  None of them are Liberals.
                  None of them are pro Roe v Wade.

The Catholic Journal/ has 4 total articles on the Kavanaugh nom, all pro Kavanaugh.

No one has called Stevens anything but liberal in 40 years and his rulings have all been Pro Choice

National Council of Churches is comprised of 90% liberal Pro Choice Mainline Protestants.

It's just about completely wrong. Yet it has nearly 100,000 retweets and likes and who knows how many reposts.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Vote is on. Collins will vote yes now, but will possibly change her mind later. Says she will announce later today.

Also in another twist, MT Sen. Daines (R) will be at his daughter's wedding Saturday no matter what. May or may not cross up R's a bit.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      Not really important in the larger scheme of things re Kavanaugh, but this tweet from CNN's Ana Navarro did stand out to me in it's almost complete inaccuracy.

What do
                      -The Catholic Journal
                      -The largest organization of Christian churches
                      -Former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens all have in common?

They all think Kavanaugh should not be on the Supreme Court.
                      None of them are Liberals.
                      None of them are pro Roe v Wade.

The Catholic Journal/ has 4 total articles on the Kavanaugh nom, all pro Kavanaugh.

No one has called Stevens anything but liberal in 40 years and his rulings have all been Pro Choice

National Council of Churches is comprised of 90% liberal Pro Choice Mainline Protestants.

It's just about completely wrong. Yet it has nearly 100,000 retweets and likes and who knows how many reposts.
                      Regarding the first one, she cited the wrong magazine. That hardly invalidates her point.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                        Regarding the first one, she cited the wrong magazine. That hardly invalidates her point.
                        Just because the publication contains the word "Catholic" does not mean it carries imprimatur.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Just because the publication contains the word "Catholic" does not mean it carries imprimatur.
                          Not sure what your point is. The one she was most likely referencing is America. They previously endorsed Kavanaugh. They have since rescinded.

Comment

Murkowski votes no.

lol. Manchin waited until the R's had the votes to pass on the first call, and then recorded his vote as yes on the read back. It has passed. 51-49.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Senate just went 51-49.

Real vote in 30 hours ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                                Not sure what your point is.
                                Without imprimatur it's not the official stance of the Home Office in Rome.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X