This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 13: Confirmation consternation contemplation

The thing a lot of righties seem to forget is this is a job interview.

If Joe Schmoe were applying to literally any company and someone from his past contacted the company and put forth these kind of allegations, his application process would end right there. Without question.

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Blacking out != passing out. There are telltale signs when someone crosses the threshold even when they're not aware of it themselves at the time. I can tell you several college friends who blacked out a lot.
    Curious, how do you differentiate the two?

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    No one is asking to lock him up or add him to a sex offender registry. We just don’t think he deserves to be on the Supreme Court for life.
    I don't get how there's still confusion about this. It's pretty clear and isn't complicated.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

This whole thing reminds me of a quote from the movie "Devil's Advocate:"

Kevin Lomax: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I know you've spent all morning listening to Mr. Broygo talk; I know you're hungry; what I need to tell you won't take very long at all. I don't like Alexander Cullen. I don't think he's a nice person. I don't expect you to like him. He's been a terrible husband to all three of his wives; he's been a destructive force in the lives of his stepchildren; he's cheated the city, his partners, his employees. He's paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in penalties and fines over the years. I don't like him. I'm going to tell you some things during the course of this trial that are going to make you like him even less. But this isn't a popularity contest; it's a murder trial.

He may be a complete unqualified bastige, but is Kav a sex offender? I don't know that we'll ever know.

burd: it matters for future people who are under the microscope. If an unproven allegation is enough to convict a person in the popular view....that's dangerous.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Add witness tampering to the list.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...idence-n915566

Ummm, so why is Kavanaugh asking people about Debbie Ramirez before her story even became public? Perhaps he knew something that had happened between himself and her a long time ago?
        Yeah, this should be disqualifying. Why hasn't he been pulled?
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          He's catholic?
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            This whole thing reminds me of a quote from the movie "Devil's Advocate:"

Kevin Lomax: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I know you've spent all morning listening to Mr. Broygo talk; I know you're hungry; what I need to tell you won't take very long at all. I don't like Alexander Cullen. I don't think he's a nice person. I don't expect you to like him. He's been a terrible husband to all three of his wives; he's been a destructive force in the lives of his stepchildren; he's cheated the city, his partners, his employees. He's paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in penalties and fines over the years. I don't like him. I'm going to tell you some things during the course of this trial that are going to make you like him even less. But this isn't a popularity contest; it's a murder trial.

He may be a complete unqualified bastige, but is Kav a sex offender? I don't know that we'll ever know.

burd: it matters for future people who are under the microscope. If an unproven allegation is enough to convict a person in the popular view....that's dangerous.
            Unproven allegations have convicted people....forever...that's not likely to change.
            As for your quote...this isn't a trial...it's a job interview.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              Unproven allegations have convicted people....forever...that's not likely to change.
              As for your quote...this isn't a trial...it's a job interview.
              It's a public, not court, trial. It's still a trial.

See also: Ellison in MN. IMO, that allegation is becoming sketchier by the day.

Point being, this is a person's life we're talking about. If an allegation can ruin a person's life, even if proven false, and I have provided previous examples in past threads...that's dangerous.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Point being, this is a person's life we're talking about. If an allegation can ruin a person's life, even if proven false, and I have provided previous examples in past threads...that's dangerous.
                No kidding it is...but it is also not likely to change.
                Welcome to the mob.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  No kidding it is...but it is also not likely to change.
                  Welcome to the mob.
                  *sigh* (not at you, but at us being a mob mentality)

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Oh, no, the poor rich entitled White Boy isn't entitled to the Supreme Court after all. Wah Wah.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

*sigh* (not at you, but at us being a mob mentality)
                      Human nature.
                      How many people are sure OJ and Michael Jackson did it when they were acquitted?
                      That's the way it goes.
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Later rumor is that there are texts from Brett and friends to deal with Ramirez before she went public with the p enis in the face story

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Later rumor is that there are texts from Brett and friends to deal with Ramirez before she went public with the p enis in the face story
                          I think Rufus posted a story about that above. Witness tampering.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            The thing a lot of righties seem to forget is this is a job interview.

If Joe Schmoe were applying to literally any company and someone from his past contacted the company and put forth these kind of allegations, his application process would end right there. Without question.

I don't get how there's still confusion about this. It's pretty clear and isn't complicated.
                            Blacking out you're still awake, walking, talking, but part of your brain has shut off. You will wake up with a black hole in your memory and not remember a thing for that time period.

Passed out means you're unconscious.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              White, male, likes Trump, hates Dems.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                Blacking out you're still awake, walking, talking, but part of your brain has shut off. You will wake up with a black hole in your memory and not remember a thing for that time period.

Passed out means you're unconscious.
                                Yep, agree with unofan. I had a friend in college who would get blackout drunk, in that he was functioning, we partied with him all night, but talking to him the next day, large chunks of the night were missing. Like the night that all he remembers is drinking two long island pitchers around 10pm, dancing, then the next thing he remembers is when we were tobogganing down his behind campus at 2am and he came out of his blackout as his sled was heading directly to a tree line at high speed.

Passed out means your body isn't functioning at that moment and makes a great whiteboard for sharpie at parties.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X