X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 13: Confirmation consternation contemplation

I just read this in an NY Post article:

Democrat Joe *Biden, head of the Judiciary Committee, set the rule in 1992 of no confirmations in the final year of a presidential term while George H.W. Bush was president.
    Fact or crap?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Fact or crap?
      I'm going with crap since the only justice nominated in the final year of a presidency since 92 was Garland.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        Take it from someone who works for an airline, people who are scared of flying fly all the time...
        Probably out of obligation, not desire.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Probably out of obligation, not desire.
          The actual flying doesn't bother me. It's the takeoff/landing. And I have rarely done it out of obligation.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Fact or crap?
            They also had a cloture rule. Senate makes whatever rules they want when they start up every two years. Article I, Section 5, Paragraph 2. Usually they try not to change it much, but sometimes the times change.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              The actual flying doesn't bother me. It's the takeoff/landing. And I have rarely done it out of obligation.
              Hey, that's fair. I have acrophobia, basophobia, and other personal convictions, so I don't fly. Made 2.5 cross country drives (the half being the short way, i.e. north-south), and they were a heck of a lot more fun than sitting in a fuselage ruining my elbows on a serving cart.

Comment

So flake admitted tonight he would not have called for the FBI investigation if he was up for re-election.
                Honestly is good I guess, but goes to show how broken this is.

Comment

Dr Ford had a rough week.

She doesn't like to fly.
                  She wanted anonymity.
                  Instead she got transcontinental travel, TV cameras, and probably a visit from the FBI.

I think we all owe her some empathy just for that.
                  Can't I show some simple humanity for a human being having a very rough week?
                  Still with the anonymity canard. Figures, coming from you.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    So flake admitted tonight he would not have called for the FBI investigation if he was up for re-election.
                    Honestly is good I guess, but goes to show how broken politics is.
                    Fixed, to show my disdain for politicians.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That's entirely accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Boy Lindsey really wants him on the Court. Seems he's entitled.
                        Or has a dead male prostitute in his history.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          Take it from someone who works for an airline, people who are scared of flying fly all the time...
                          It's called Xanax.

Hey, that's fair. I have acrophobia, basophobia, and other personal convictions, so I don't fly. Made 2.5 cross country drives (the half being the short way, i.e. north-south), and they were a heck of a lot more fun than sitting in a fuselage ruining my elbows on a serving cart.
                          You know what? I believe you, Flag. You are afraid of many things, that much is clear.

We are all sorry that you feel that way.
                          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 09-30-2018, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Honestly is good I guess, but goes to show how broken this is.
                            I believe he also said that if it is proven Kavanaugh lied the nomination is dead. The statement from his classmate at Yale seems to cast doubt on whether Brett was truthful...just saying.
                            Last edited by Handyman; 10-01-2018, 02:00 AM.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              I believe he also said that if it is proven Kavanaugh lied the nomination is dead. The statement from his classmate at Yale seems to cast doubt on whether Brett was truthful...just saying.
                              I don't think anything regarding lying about "Devil's Triangle" or "boofing" is in play. Only lying about the assault. Which they will not prove because everything I hear this morning is the FBI is being handcuffed by the Trump administration regarding this investigation.

Republicans are playing a bit of sleight of hand here.

I also heard enough to indicate that the richer you are the more you identify with Kavanaugh. Apparently this is what rich white men do is go to prep school, molest women, and drink a lot of beer. And they don't like their high school party culture being exposed and they don't like their male heir's having to answer for it.

This gets swept under the rug by the end of the week and Kavanaugh goes through with Collins, Flake and Murkowski voting in the affirmative.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

rufus, FT,LT:

I hope you two have good weeks at whatever you endeavor.
                                Still a dick.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X