X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 13: Confirmation consternation contemplation

A reader of Josh Marshall's blog wrote in to him:

It feels like eons ago, but last night I flashed on that video of the Parkland father trying to have a word with Brett Kavanaugh. The video of the women confronting Flake must have brought it to mind. What struck us at the time was how dismissive Kavanaugh was, even disdainful. When I first saw it, I didn’t want to make too much of it. In retrospect, it reveals who he really is; when he feels someone is beneath him, he treats them with contempt. He did it with the father, with girls when was younger, with U.S. senators, and he’s doing it with the American people.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

My issue isn't with did or didn't he do it. That was an incident that happened 35 years ago that has been long buried deep in the memory by both participants.

What irks me is the "self-entitled drunk uncle" attitude that a Supreme Court nominee showed to the world. This whiny, sniveling, "I liked beer, I still like beer," personified bag-of-milk propped itself in a chair and showed his true colors as a partisan hack who will rule his way. And the GOP all jerked themselves off to the live feed of FOX News as he "testified."

This is a man who *should* have sat there with as much composure as his accuser, explain that he did have a troubled past, one that he realized was wrong, has worked to correct his ways, brag up his accomplishments, talk about his wife and kids and how he's provided for them.

But no, he bragged about liking beer and got violently, guiltily, argumentatively defensive about his accusations.

This is the "top of the list" from Trump and the GOP?
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Who's to say they actually went to the football workout? Who's to say that this one wasn't til dark, but maybe a morning workout? Who's to say they didn't go to Timmy's house first, and then Kavanaugh, Judge and PJ left and went elsewhere?

Maybe this wasn't the gathering where Ford was attacked. But it certainly shows that there were gatherings such as she described.

But it should be investigated.
        It wouldn't have been a morning workout because it was run by Tobin's Dad who worked during the day and worked them out in the evening. At least that what K said under oath.

I believe it is going to be investigated, but I was thinking that between us, we were going to crack this case wide open first!

Mostly, I was just surprised that I put a plausible reason for denial there together from my memory of the testimony the other day that turned out to be accurate as far as it went. Clearly I paid way too much attention.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
          My issue isn't with did or didn't he do it. That was an incident that happened 35 years ago that has been long buried deep in the memory by both participants.

What irks me is the "self-entitled drunk uncle" attitude that a Supreme Court nominee showed to the world. This whiny, sniveling, "I liked beer, I still like beer," personified bag-of-milk propped itself in a chair and showed his true colors as a partisan hack who will rule his way. And the GOP all jerked themselves off to the live feed of FOX News as he "testified."

This is a man who *should* have sat there with as much composure as his accuser, explain that he did have a troubled past, one that he realized was wrong, has worked to correct his ways, brag up his accomplishments, talk about his wife and kids and how he's provided for them.

But no, he bragged about liking beer and got violently, guiltily, argumentatively defensive about his accusations.

His outbursts would have disqualified him in any other era.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            It wouldn't have been a morning workout because it was run by Tobin's Dad who worked during the day and worked them out in the evening. At least that what K said under oath.

I believe it is going to be investigated, but I was thinking that between us, we were going to crack this case wide open first!

Mostly, I was just surprised that I put a plausible reason for denial there together from my memory of the testimony the other day that turned out to be accurate as far as it went. Clearly I paid way too much attention.
            Yeah, well you can't believe a thing that Kavanaugh says. Boofing means farting. Devil's Triangle is a drinking game. I can't remember any sort of gathering like Ford describes when there's one right there written down on his calendar. Only drink on weekends. except when we drink on weekdays.

We do know he likes beer though. I'll take him at his word on that.
            Last edited by rufus; 09-29-2018, 04:18 PM.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              His outbursts would have disqualified him in any other era.
              John Roberts can’t be pleased with all this much mess the rest

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                John Roberts can’t be pleased with all this much mess the rest
                There was an article I read on CBS this morning (might have been the AP) about how this is bad for the Supreme Court. Kavanaugh’s hysterics and partisan conspiracies will tarnish the image of the court.

the court is the last bastion of thought and deliberation in Washington.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

The man we saw Thursday afternoon was scary. Not the temperament of a Supreme Court Justice. Surprised he didn't follow up with angry tweets in the middle of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

So much this.

Kavanaugh could be telling the truth about Ford. Hell, maybe he was never within 10 miles of her when they were younger. But he is one of the worst, if not THE worst, nominee for the Supreme Court we have ever had. His views on the presidency and his hypocrisy thereof alone are disqualifying. His obvious hyper-partisanship, which apparently was on full display Thursday is further evidence he is not judicial material for a court at any level, let alone the highest court in the land. This is what the republican party is in 2018. All of you whataboutism and false equivalency idiots out there are responsible for this mess. Americans need to erase the stain on politics the 21st century republican party has become. If you vote for a republican in any state and at any level, you are helping to perpetuate this.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                      So much this.

Kavanaugh could be telling the truth about Ford. Hell, maybe he was never within 10 miles of her when they were younger. But he is one of the worst, if not THE worst, nominee for the Supreme Court we have ever had. His views on the presidency and his hypocrisy thereof alone are disqualifying. His obvious hyper-partisanship, which apparently was on full display Thursday is further evidence he is not judicial material for a court at any level, let alone the highest court in the land. This is what the republican party is in 2018. All of you whataboutism and false equivalency idiots out there are responsible for this mess. Americans need to erase the stain on politics the 21st century republican party has become. If you vote for a republican in any state and at any level, you are helping to perpetuate this.
                      You forgot Harriet Miers.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        You forgot Harriet Miers.
                        No. I didn't. She was unqualified from a resume standpoint sure, but Kavanaugh is a fvcking disgrace. Even if his zipper never get pulled down. He was appointed for one reason. To offer some assurance that trump won't be the first president to end up in jail. His nomination was nakedly political from the very beginning. People like you should be proud of themselves for helping to destroy the country with your particular brand of false equivalency.

Comment

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...mpression=true

Can't investigate Swetnick's claims.
                          Also read but can't find right now that the scope limitations also do not allow trying to confirm Judge worked at that grocery store which was part of Ford's timeline.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Lol. So the fbi can’t verify anything. Nice setup .
                            Sham as usual

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...mpression=true

Can't investigate Swetnick's claims.
                              Also read but can't find right now that the scope limitations also do not allow trying to confirm Judge worked at that grocery store which was part of Ford's timeline.
                              jfc.

**** this country.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Swetnick isn't a surprise. I doubt they stick to the scope on everything else because they will stumble into stuff.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X