• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCOTUS 13: Confirmation consternation contemplation

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Linking to breitbart? You’re on a roll today
    I read Drudge (it was linked there) on the way to CNBC. < shrug >

Just because it came from Breitbart does it mean the ABC person didn't say what she said?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      I read Drudge (it was linked there) on the way to CNBC. < shrug >

Just because it came from Breitbart does it mean the ABC person didn't say what she said?
      You are the smartest person in North Dakota who passes judgment on what people should feel, so you tell me.

Comment

You are the smartest person in North Dakota who passes judgment on what people should feel, so you tell me.
        Should we worry more about what people think rather than what they feel?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          This. I can tell you where I specifically was for many a party due to (insert funny event). I could tell you exactly where I was for 9-11, when I found out. On the other hand, I couldn't tell you what I had for dinner exactly 4 weeks ago.
          It seems strange to me she has no clue at all on day or location. Some of her story seems overly evasive.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            It seems strange to me she has no clue at all on day or location. Some of her story seems overly evasive.
            Of course it does.

15 years ago, 15th of June, where were you?

Had to take a physical for work today. Had to fill out the years of employment for my last three jobs. Had no clue as to the exact dates. Best I could give was a month and year, and even that probably wasn't correct.
            Last edited by rufus; 09-28-2018, 07:08 PM.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Of course it does.

15 years ago, 15th of June, where were you?

Had to take a physical for work today. Had to fill out the years of employment for my last three jobs. Had no clue as to the exact dates. Best I could give was a month and year, and even that probably wasn't correct.
              Not saying that. If she said it happened on a Saturday night early part of summer 1982 or something like that. With the house some kind of specific detail like blue siding or a yellow carpet. As far as I’m aware she never really offered any details like that. I wouldn’t expect her to remember everything, but she really hasn’t offered anything on those two important points.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I'm not the smartest person in ND. I'd probably guess that's Doug Bergum based on life achievements. It ain't Kevin Cramer. At one time it might've been Dr. Ron Moe at UND.

As far as feelings, feel whatever you want. Personally, I wouldn't and don't allow events* from my K-12 years to still be affecting or controlling me. If you do, it's your choice. Control what's yours to control and how you choose to react to events is up to you, you control.

*I've never been criminally assaulted however so I can't speak to that level of event, but I've been bullied.
                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-28-2018, 07:17 PM.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  I'm not the smartest person in ND. I'd probably guess that's Doug Bergum based on life achievements. It ain't Kevin Cramer. At one time it might've been Dr. Ron Moe at UND.

As far as feelings, feel whatever you want. Personally, I wouldn't and don't allow events* from my K-12 years to still be affecting or controlling me. If you do, it's your choice. Control what's yours to control and how you choose to react to events is up to you, you control.

*I've never been criminally assaulted however so I can't speak to that level of event, but I've been bullied.
                  I said I remembered them. And that one of them had reached it.

You took the insulting leap next to ask why I was still affected. I never said it affected my daily life

Comment

I said I remembered them. And that one of them had reached it.

You took the insulting leap next to ask why I was still affected. I never said it affected my daily life
                    My apologies for assuming, but when you said, "I know the name and face of every guy who tormented me in high school. Was delightful when the ringleader messaged me a month ago ... " I saw that as still affecting you. Frankly, don't give that person the time of day much less the ability to still contact you. You're better than that*.

*I"ll look past the "Gopher fan" thing.
                    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-28-2018, 07:28 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Dunno.

Another story. Every spring UMaine had an outdoor music festival at The Cabins called Bumstock. The Cabins were at the edge of a field across from the UCU that you could get to from the campus side, or park out that way, and then skirt the edge of a swampy section. My sophomore year, went to Bumstock. Pretty sure we drove and parked out by the UCU or close by, and walked over. Can't tell you who drove, or who else was in the car. After a day of listening to music and drinking, we left sometime in mid to late afternoon. I remember calling my parents from the pay phone at The Cabins when we first got there, cause it was Saturday morning. Or maybe that was the year before?

When we left, we decided to try to shortcut across the swamp, jumping from hummock to hummock. Of course, we missed, and fell in often. Got back to the dorm, got the word we were gonna head to Bangor to party at someone's house, a friend of ours. Can't tell you whose house, where it was located, anything about it. Don't know what route we took to get there. I can remember lying feebly on my room's floor, and pleading with my friend Scott, "I can't get my shoes off", cause I'd knotted up the wet laces. He helped me get my shoes off, I changed clothes, and we headed over.

Again, don't know who drove, or who else was in the car, although I can guess. Can't tell you who was at the party there, although I can guess. Don't know when we got there, or what time we left. Remember I spent the first hour or so pretty comatose on the floor. Remember when I finally came to a bit, we drank rum and pineapple juice. Don't remember leaving, or getting back to the dorm.

This was roughly the same time period as when Ford's allegation is, spring of 1981.

Actually, I do think I remember whose house it was. Our friend Kathy D, and her roommate, who was my friend Jeff's girlfriend, although for the life of me, I can't remember her name. Can see her face as plain as day.

Memory is a funny thing.
                      Last edited by rufus; 09-28-2018, 07:51 PM.

Comment

...Actually, I do think I remember whose house it was. Our friend Kathy D, and her roommate, who was my friend Jeff's girlfriend, although for the life of me, I can't remember her name. Can see her face as plain as day.

Memory is a funny thing.
                        Susan Collins?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Dunno.

Another story. Every spring UMaine had an outdoor music festival at The Cabins called Bumstock. The Cabins were at the edge of a field across from the UCU that you could get to from the campus side, or park out that way, and then skirt the edge of a swampy section. My sophomore year, went to Bumstock. Pretty sure we drove and parked out by the UCU or close by, and walked over. Can't tell you who drove, or who else was in the car. After a day of listening to music and drinking, we left sometime in mid to late afternoon. I remember calling my parents from the pay phone at The Cabins when we first got there, cause it was Saturday morning. Or maybe that was the year before?

When we left, we decided to try to shortcut across the swamp, jumping from hummock to hummock. Of course, we missed, and fell in often. Got back to the dorm, got the word we were gonna head to Bangor to party at someone's house, a friend of ours. Can't tell you whose house, where it was located, anything about it. Don't know what route we took to get there. I can remember lying feebly on my room's floor, and pleading with my friend Scott, "I can't get my shoes off", cause I'd knotted up the wet laces. He helped me get my shoes off, I changed clothes, and we headed over.

Again, don't know who drove, or who else was in the car, although I can guess. Can't tell you who was at the party there, although I can guess. Don't know when we got there, or what time we left. Remember I spent the first hour or so pretty comatose on the floor. Remember when I finally came to a bit, we drank rum and pineapple juice. Don't remember leaving, or getting back to the dorm.

This was roughly the same time period as when Ford's allegation is, spring of 1981.

Actually, I do think I remember whose house it was. Our friend Kathy D, and her roommate, who was my friend Jeff's girlfriend, although for the life of me, I can't remember her name. Can see her face as plain as day.

Memory is a funny thing.
                          What's this "pay phone" that you speak of?
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                            What's this "pay phone" that you speak of?
                            You youngsters don't know what yer missing. You could even make collect calls with them.

Comment

You youngsters don't know what yer missing. You could even make collect calls with them.
                              And occasionally find an extra quarter.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Not saying that. If she said it happened on a Saturday night early part of summer 1982 or something like that. With the house some kind of specific detail like blue siding or a yellow carpet. As far as I’m aware she never really offered any details like that. I wouldn’t expect her to remember everything, but she really hasn’t offered anything on those two important points.
                                Uhhhhh. You CLEARLY didn’t watch anything about the testimony she gave then.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X