X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Saying she's voting yes so the Montana Senator can get on his plane to his daughters wedding without McConnell and Trump harassing him to stay.
    Yeah I’m gonna go with that

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied
    Re: SCOTUS 13: Confirmation consternation contemplation

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I agree with all of this.

Why the hell is Collins even announcing if the vote is tomorrow no matter what? It isnt like if she says yes anything changes and it just means 24 hours more of people ripping her to shreds. Unless she is voting no and she is doing it to look like a hero I dont get it. Then again I dont get anything Republicans do anymore they have gone off the rails into crazy land.
    Saying she's voting yes so the Montana Senator can get on his plane to his daughters wedding without McConnell and Trump harassing him to stay.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied

They all know.

Tell us the punchline to that earlier joke already. Or is there some serious negotiating* going on right now.

*AKA arm twisting, pork-barreling, graft, etc ...

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied

VP I believe only casts votes at 50-50.
    Nuance, but "breaks ties".

Leave a comment:

• GrinCDXX
    replied

Why the hell is Collins even announcing if the vote is tomorrow no matter what? It isnt like if she says yes anything changes and it just means 24 hours more of people ripping her to shreds. Unless she is voting no and she is doing it to look like a hero I dont get it. Then again I dont get anything Republicans do anymore they have gone off the rails into crazy land.
    Courtesy to Manchin perhaps? So he doesn't have to wait until the eleventh hour to be told what his opinion is going to be.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Question: What if Montana guy is at his daughter's wedding tomorrow and it's 50-49? Majority based on quorum or does VP/Prez of Senate cast the 51st?
    I believe it go by way of the majority. That was part of the issue with McCain being sick...

VP I believe only casts votes at 50-50.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    I've got to believe Manchin goes whichever way Collins does. He's probably not going to supply a 50th vote, though I wish he'd go one step further an not supply a 51st vote either--force Pence to cast the tiebreaker if it comes to that.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    I've got to believe Manchin goes whichever way Collins does. He's probably not going to supply a 50th vote, though I wish he'd go one step further an not supply a 51st vote either--force Pence to cast the tiebreaker if it comes to that.
    Question: What if Montana guy is at his daughter's wedding tomorrow and it's 50-49? Majority based on quorum or does VP/Prez of Senate cast the 51st?

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied

Old joke ...

Q: How do you keep a bunch of idiots in suspense?

A:
    Collins announcing her vote at 3 ...

Leave a comment:

• GrinCDXX
    replied

So as of now Murkowski is a no, Flake is a tentative yes and Collins will tell us at 3. Manchin needs to hold rank...

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    The staffs have been looking to see if they have any vacation time for the past two weeks
    They're all living a Southwest Airlines commerical ... "Wanna get away?"

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

So as of now Murkowski is a no, Flake is a tentative yes and Collins will tell us at 3. Manchin needs to hold rank...

Leave a comment:

• trixR4kids
    replied

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Murkowski votes no.

lol. Manchin waited until the R's had the votes to pass on the first call It has passed. 51-49.
    bUt bErNiE IzN't a dEmOcRaT!

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

I am just saying if you seem very anal about little things of late so you have to expect that to be returned in kind. It is like when grammar nazis get called out on boards...nothing personal just fun

Leave a comment:

• Wisko McBadgerton
    replied

If you are going to go all semantical on us you might want to get all of your facts straight. As stated by others she is not a reporter, she is a GOP commentator. Not the same thing.

Now normally I would probably let that go but since you seem to be on the Semantics High Horse of late I figure it is relevant
    I suggested this was largely unimportant to start with, but that it was wrong. Who cares if she's an R or a Hare Krishna? ( the latter does provide a really terrific free vegetarian lunch on the UF campus on Tuesdays, btw) I agree that I was wrong in using the word reporter. See? I can say actually I was wrong. However I disagree that my argument was a semantical one. The tweet is blatantly wrong to anybody that can read. So what? So nothing, it's just one illustration of how easily ideas can be spread around that just aren't factual. That's not a secret or anything, everybody sees it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X