X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 13: Confirmation consternation contemplation

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Without imprimatur it's not the official stance of the Home Office in Rome.
    Who said it was?

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
      Who said it was?
      Nobody; just clarifying.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Regarding the first one, she cited the wrong magazine. That hardly invalidates her point.
        Not sure what your point is. The one she was most likely referencing is America. They previously endorsed Kavanaugh. They have since rescinded.

Great. Has she rescinded her incorrect tweet then, or can you just point me to where she corrected it?

This isn't tweeted by some random blogger, it's a CNN reporter who is supposed to be accurate, at least one would think.

And what is the point she is conveying? "Look at these righty's that want to dump Kavanaugh!" She says none are liberals. Wrong. None are pro choice. Wrong. 2/3 are both those things.

Not to mention had she even been accurate in citing America, it's is a small publication with 45k circulation (there are 70 million Catholics in the US) that has since equivocated on the original editorial, which basically said after the hearing that they'd prefer it if K was just replaced with someone less controversial that is still Pro life.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Great. Has she rescinded her incorrect tweet then, or can you just point me to where she corrected it?

This isn't tweeted by some random blogger, it's a CNN reporter who is supposed to be accurate, at least one would think.

And what is the point she is conveying? "Look at these righty's that want to dump Kavanaugh!" She says none are liberals. Wrong. None are pro choice. Wrong. 2/3 are both those things.

Not to mention had she even been accurate in citing America, it's is a small publication with 45k circulation (there are 70 million Catholics in the US) that has since equivocated on the original editorial, which basically said after the hearing that they'd prefer it if K was just replaced with someone less controversial that is still Pro life.
          Enemy of the people and all...you've been programmed well.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            But Senator Grassley told me he ABA didnt feel that way and the letter from the President two weeks ago was just one man's opinion. Are you telling me the GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ was wrong?
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

She's a (Republican) political commentator, not a reporter--there is a difference. Perhaps if you want to crusade for accuracy in tweets and responsible rescinding of inaccuracies, there is someone higher up the food chain you could focus your attention on?

edit: ignoring the rest of your post as it's not particularly relevant to anything I posted.
              Last edited by GrinCDXX; 10-05-2018, 10:26 AM.

Comment

The vote to move forward is smart for all of them. End this crap one way or another. I dont envy their staffs though...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                  Enemy of the people and all...you've been programmed well.
                  I said it was wrong. If you think that was accurate then say so, don't just make some bs talking point accusation. Talk about programming.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

If you are going to go all semantical on us you might want to get all of your facts straight. As stated by others she is not a reporter, she is a GOP commentator. Not the same thing.

Now normally I would probably let that go but since you seem to be on the Semantics High Horse of late I figure it is relevant
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Collins announcing her vote at 3 I guess. My guess is she is voting yes. I think Murkowski might stick no though. Just gut feeling though.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        The vote to move forward is smart for all of them. End this crap one way or another. I dont envy their staffs though...
                        The staffs have been looking to see if they have any vacation time for the past two weeks
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Collins announcing her vote at 3 I guess. My guess is she is voting yes. I think Murkowski might stick no though. Just gut feeling though.
                          From her comments from yesterday it's pretty apparent that she wouldn't vote no based on the assault accusations since she thinks it was a super duper thorough investigation that found no corroboration. I guess there's still the tiny hope that she'd vote no based on the naked, angry partisanship he displayed in the hearing. But, I think the fact that she claimed the investigation was thorough even though it clearly was not probably indicates she'll be a yes.

Comment

agreed.

way to let me down again Susan.

Comment

If you are going to go all semantical on us you might want to get all of your facts straight. As stated by others she is not a reporter, she is a GOP commentator. Not the same thing.

Now normally I would probably let that go but since you seem to be on the Semantics High Horse of late I figure it is relevant
                              I suggested this was largely unimportant to start with, but that it was wrong. Who cares if she's an R or a Hare Krishna? ( the latter does provide a really terrific free vegetarian lunch on the UF campus on Tuesdays, btw) I agree that I was wrong in using the word reporter. See? I can say actually I was wrong. However I disagree that my argument was a semantical one. The tweet is blatantly wrong to anybody that can read. So what? So nothing, it's just one illustration of how easily ideas can be spread around that just aren't factual. That's not a secret or anything, everybody sees it.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I am just saying if you seem very anal about little things of late so you have to expect that to be returned in kind. It is like when grammar nazis get called out on boards...nothing personal just fun
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X