X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCOTUS 13: Confirmation consternation contemplation

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    How in the < bleep > can anyone (besides Marilou Henner) answer that question.

Ponder it: Where were you on July 1, 1982, and what were you doing?
    Dunno. Kavanaugh seems to know where he was and wasn't. Judge seems pretty certain of things that happened back then.

Maybe no one remembers. Maybe, for some reason, some people do definitely remember that party. It can happen. But you gotta start somewhere.

Put it in context. I have no idea what day the 1993 NCAA hockey championship was on, so if you ask me, what were you doing on April (?), 1993, and I can't tell you. Tell me it was the same day Maine won their first national championship, and I can tell you roughly what I was doing, and a few of the people who were there, and I interacted with, despite not knowing who they were. And I was drunk as ****.

Same with the Miracle on Ice. The day the Challenger exploded. And so on. There's got to be a trigger memory for someone.
    Last edited by rufus; 09-28-2018, 05:49 PM.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I put odds down (8:1) on the FBI coming back with something like "can't substantiate any further than what the Committee already has" or similar.

I should be smarter than to channel-surf the radio this time of day. Mark Levin is rolling with Kavanaugh will be "Duke Lacrosse 2.0". I'll put 250:1 against that outcome.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        If so, I hope the Democrats ask that Kavanaugh's truthfulness about his drinking, and the things that were in his high school yearbook be looked at. Who wwere the editors of that yearbook? Did they really push for yearbook entries to be exaggerated and sensationalized?
        Won't it be Grassley and Kav's gang of 11 that decide as the majority what is credible?

Comment

Dunno. Kavanaugh seems to know where he was and wasn't. Judge seems pretty certain of things that happened back then.

Maybe no one remembers. Maybe, for some reason, some people do definitely remember that party. It can happen. But you gotta start somewhere.

Put it in context. I have no idea what day the 1993 NCAA hockey championship was on, so if you ask me, what were you doing on April (?), 1993, and I can't tell you. Tell me it was the same day Maine won their first national championship, and I can tell you exactly what I was doing, and a few of the people who were there, and I interacted with, despite not knowing who they were.

Same with the Miracle on Ice. The day the Challenger exploded. And so on.
          This. I can tell you where I specifically was for many a party due to (insert funny event). I could tell you exactly where I was for 9-11, when I found out. On the other hand, I couldn't tell you what I had for dinner exactly 4 weeks ago.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by sagard View Post
            Won't it be Grassley and Kav's gang of 11 that decide as the majority what is credible?
            Again, not what Cruz said, and he's as weasally as they come.

Comment

I put odds down (8:1) on the FBI coming back with something like "can't substantiate any further than what the Committee already has" or similar.

I should be smarter than to channel-surf the radio this time of day. Mark Levin is rolling with Kavanaugh will be "Duke Lacrosse 2.0". I'll put 250:1 against that outcome.
              Getting the investigation may in the end, not be in the Ds best interest. But it probably can't be bad to have a truckload of dirty laundry hanging out there for a week either. Its just a big fat TBD.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                He’s unfit. Move on. There are plenty of other conservatives.
                Amy Coney Barrett. That will send chills up DiFi's spine.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The next move?
                  https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018...be-legitimate/

Isn't that a tell that she thinks Kavanaugh survives this?
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

It's on ... POTUS has told the FBI to get moving to the Senate's request.

Statement from President @realDonaldTrump:
                    “I’ve ordered the FBI to conduct a supplemental investigation to update Judge Kavanaugh’s file. As the Senate has requested, this update must be limited in scope and completed in less than one week.”
                    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-28-2018, 06:17 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Put it in context. I have no idea what day the 1993 NCAA hockey championship was on, so if you ask me, what were you doing on April (?), 1993, and I can't tell you. Tell me it was the same day Maine won their first national championship, and I can tell you roughly what I was doing, and a few of the people who were there, and I interacted with, despite not knowing who they were. And I was drunk as ****.

Same with the Miracle on Ice. The day the Challenger exploded. And so on. There's got to be a trigger memory for someone.
                      Here's what happened on that day if it helps trigger any memories for anyone?

I'm going completely from memory of the testimony here so nobody shoot me if I'm wrong. Timmy is Tim Gaudette. I thought Kav said he used to car pool to school with Gaudette. And I thought he said he himself lives no where near Colonial Country Club. Ford says the party in question was near Colonial CC. If he car pooled with Timmy, presumably Timmy doesn't live anywhere near Colonial CC either.

Another issue might be that Tobin's house would be where Kav said they had football workouts run by Tobin's father until "dark", which would be quite late in the evening on July 1. Ford said that this was a pre party, before, she guessed, the others would go to a bigger party later, which was past her curfew as she was only 15. Plus she says the party was after her day at Colonial CC swimming. She had her swimming suit still on as well. How late does this sound like Ford could have gone to this party? And since Kav was presumably at Tobin's until
                      "dark", How and where do they get completely blasted by the time they meet Ford at this party?

Not insurmountable problems, but they are issues that first come to mind if July 1 is indeed the day.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I think the analog to Duke would be that he is exonerated, but is still not confirmed for being a giant doosh.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

The next move?

from yesterday, idjit.

Comment

OK, so yesterday she thought he was in.
                            And it's still a "next move" should he be confirmed.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              I think the analog to Duke would be that he is exonerated, but is still not confirmed for being a giant doosh.
                              Exoneration is Levin's reasoning for invoking "Duke". I just don't see that. However ....

If he's exonerated ... you ain't seen dooshiness from him yet is my guess.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The next move?

Linking to breitbart? You’re on a roll today

Comment

Working...
                                X