X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 13: Confirmation consternation contemplation

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Never said that. Just because I'm not condemning him AT THIS TIME for sexual assault, doesn't mean I'm defending him. I want the results of the investigation.
    But that's.... exactly what you're doing.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      Minoriities ARE being treated differently. i.e. discrimination. Those of us that are privileged need to recognize that institutionalized racism exists. We are the ones in a position to do something about it. Minorities are sent to underfunded ****ty public schools. They’re sent to jail more often for the same crimes. They’re discriminated against for employment and housing. They’re discouraged from voting. It’s not just a matter of them “sticking up for themselves”.

Your position is actually pretty racist.
      I'm racist because I think they should be treated the same as whitey. Ok, got it. JFC.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        He should be DQ'd right now. There's enough questions.

My take is simply that we don't label him as a sex offender (legal classification or not) without proof.
        Why do you feel like you need to stick up for him? Can’t he stand up for himself? He’s not on trial. People are free to THINK he was a binge drinking prep school ****** bag.

Comment

I'm racist because I think they should be treated the same as whitey. Ok, got it. JFC.
          God you’re dumb.

Comment

Why do you feel like you need to stick up for him? Can’t he stand up for himself? He’s not on trial. People are free to THINK he was a binge drinking prep school ****** bag.
            I'm thinking future cases. If he is falsely labeled a sex offender, because of a false accusation, what chance does Joe Schmoe have?

I'm not sticking up for him in particular. I'm sticking up for due process and not publicly or legally "convicting" an innocent man. And he may NOT be innocent. I don't know. I need to hear ALL the info I can.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

God you’re dumb.
              And your bias is showing.

Comment

I'm thinking future cases. If he is falsely labeled a sex offender, because of a false accusation, what chance does Joe Schmoe have?

I'm not sticking up for him in particular. I'm sticking up for due process and not publicly or legally "convicting" an innocent man. And he may NOT be innocent. I don't know. I need to hear ALL the info I can.
                He’s not going to be convicted of anything.

Comment

No, you're racist because you refuse to acknowledge that minorities AREN'T treated the same as whites.

Comment

He’s not going to be convicted of anything.
                    No, but what about the next person facing allegations that are not 100% substantiated?

Comment

And your bias is showing.
                      Nope. You’re just incapable of understanding the point.

Those slaves just needed to stand up for themselves. Those abolitionists were actually racist because they didn’t think they were capable of standing up for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                        No, you're racist because you refuse to acknowledge that minorities AREN'T treated the same as whites.
                        Read the past posts. Minorities need our help, because they can't do it on their own (for whatever reason). That's some serious sh* to say.

Comment

Read the past posts. Minorities need our help, because they can't do it on their own (for whatever reason). That's some serious sh* to say.
                          Yeah, it would be incredibly serious.

Thank God none of are doing that. Because that would be seriously awkward.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Not "for whatever reason," specifically because our society is racist AF. Way to prove my point.

Comment

It's a bad look because the court of public opinion makes its own rules. This won't affect the next guy...joe schmoe or not. Likely Joe doesn't get this kind of publicity. It MAY affect the next big name getting accused but I think that will be based more on their tactics in fighting it.
                              That...more than anything IMO...has cast Kavanaugh as the villain here.

You're right that he should be disqualified...but obviously he isn't. And i don't think anyone reasonably expects a week long investigstion with supposed limits is really going to find the smoking gun. All that can be reasonably hoped for is to catch his lies and make it so some senators vote no and he is not confirmed.

But as far as his labels...the mob makes that...it's just the way it is.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

No, but what about the next person facing allegations that are not 100% substantiated?
                                Apparently now we aren’t allowed to think people are ****** bags that doesn’t deserve to be on the Supreme Court unless they can be convicted of a crime.

Comment

Working...
                                X