• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 13: Confirmation consternation contemplation

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Add witness tampering to the list.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...idence-n915566

Ummm, so why is Kavanaugh asking people about Debbie Ramirez before her story even became public? Perhaps he knew something that had happened between himself and her a long time ago?
    Was für eine Überraschung!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Oh, no, the poor rich entitled White Boy isn't entitled to the Supreme Court after all. Wah Wah.
      This attitude doesn't help the greater good, and is a pizz poor attitude to fixing such issues in the future.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        This attitude doesn't help the greater good, and is a pizz poor attitude to fixing such issues in the future.
        Kavanaugh needs to stop being so shrill and smile more.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          Kavanaugh needs to stop being so shrill and smile more.
          Kav needs to act like an adult. In case anyone hasn't noticed, I'm not a fan of his.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            It's a public, not court, trial. It's still a trial.

See also: Ellison in MN. IMO, that allegation is becoming sketchier by the day.

Point being, this is a person's life we're talking about. If an allegation can ruin a person's life, even if proven false, and I have provided previous examples in past threads...that's dangerous.
            I haven't yet heard your concern that a woman (women) might very possibly have been sexually assaulted and left to deal with the well known harm that results from those crimes (in addition to being publicly vilified by conservatives everywhere), while the perp is rewarded with a seat on the United States Supreme Court? Does that possible injustice weigh just as heavily?

You may have expressed that concern and I just chose to overlook it.

Comment

Kav needs to act like an adult. In case anyone hasn't noticed, I'm not a fan of his.
              Christ, Brent. Stop trying to ride the GD fence. You know he's a turd, and there are other conservatives they could've picked who wouldn't have had these issues.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                I haven't yet heard your concern that a woman (women) might very possibly have been sexually assaulted and left to deal with the well known harm that results from those crimes (in addition to being publicly vilified by conservatives everywhere), while the perp is rewarded with a seat on the United States Supreme Court? Does that possible injustice weigh just as heavily?

You may have expressed that concern and I just chose to overlook it.
                There is great concern. I mentioned on FB and in private convos that Ford still won. Why? She gave a voice to other victims. She was heard by the Federal Government. The result might not turn out the way she wants it to, but she was HEARD. That's huge.

And Fade: he is a turd, but is he guilty of sexual assault? See my other recent posts. Were there better choices? I'd have to imagine so. And again, just because he's a turd and not worth a nomination doesn't make him guilty of sexual assault.

Comment

I covered that part earlier. I am concentrating on only the assault allegation. Whether he's qualified to serve as SCOTUS is another matter (and I don't believe he is).
                  At this point, who the fvck cares about the assault anymore, as to what it has to do with his nomination for the SC (as humans of course we should continue to be concerned). He hasn't been charged with a crime and he isn't going to be charged with one either. The prosecutor who conducted the questioning of Ford is correct that with what she has offered, no reasonable DA would seek an indictment. The only issue is he's a lying sack of human fecal material who probably wouldn't know the truth if it kicked him square in his gonads. We know 99.9% as much about what happened between him and Ford as we are ever going to know. But what should keep him off the court is his lack of composure when the going got tough, and the almost certain lies he told while under oath.

Comment

Joe Donnelly isn't exactly the epitome of legislative courage. What a spineless piece of stool. The fact is, we all have enough information to know which way to vote on Kavanaugh. He's already declared himself unfit because of his published views on presidential power and his demeanor last week. We all know why republicans are going to vote yes. For Donnelly the only reason is nakedly political. Polls show his Senate race to be a toss-up. Indiana is a trump-loving state. He'd support Roy Moore for the Supreme Court if it meant reelection. I wouldn't break my vow of voting entirely for democrats even if it meant voting for this guy, but he sure makes it tough. At least he's not a republican, so I'm pretty sure that means he doesn't like to assault women, sleep with teenage girls or diddle little boys. That's something I suppose.
                    Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 10-01-2018, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                      At this point, who the fvck cares about the assault anymore, as to what it has to do with his nomination for the SC (as humans of course we should continue to be concerned). He hasn't been charged with a crime and he isn't going to be charged with one either. The prosecutor who conducted the questioning of Ford is correct that with what she has offered, no reasonable DA would seek an indictment. The only issue is he's a lying sack of human fecal material who probably wouldn't know the truth if it kicked him square in his gonads. We know 99.9% as much about what happened between him and Ford as we are ever going to know. But what should keep him off the court is his lack of composure when the going got tough, and the almost certain lies he told while under oath.
                      I would guess a lot of victims are concerned.

Comment

the almost certain lies he told while under oath.
                        This. It was so disappointing that the Dem Senators let him get away with his non-answers, obfuscation, dissembling, and outright lies. I'm sure the 5-min time limit had a lot to do with that - they all had Big Points to make, so they chose to let the "little things" slide. I wish just one of them would have spent his/her whole 5 minutes on the meaning of Devil's Triangle - nail him to the wall for lying to the committee about something small. That's what they got Bill Clinton on, after all.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

I would guess a lot of victims are concerned.
                          You completely miss my point Brent, as usual. Of course the victims are concerned, as we should all be for them. I'm talking about the context of his nomination. His lying disqualifies him, and it doesn't matter what he lied about. Your fence sitting, waiting around to hear about the assault allegations make it LOOK like you are care about such things at the same time wanting to give the poor little frat boy the benefit of the doubt. Get out of the middle of the road on this one, at least.

Comment

You completely miss my point Brent, as usual. Of course the victims are concerned, as we should all be for them. I'm talking about the context of his nomination. His lying disqualifies him, and it doesn't matter what he lied about. Your fence sitting, waiting around to hear about the assault allegations make it LOOK like you are care about such things at the same time wanting to give the poor little frat boy the benefit of the doubt. Get out of the middle of the road on this one, at least.
                            Wrong again. I have made it clear he is not fit for SCOTUS.

However, is he a sex offender? We don't know (yet). There IS a difference. You're not qualified for SCOTUS. Neither am I. But are we sex offenders? Nope (giving you the benefit of the doubt here ).

It's a giant Venn diagram. If you're a sex offender, you are not fit for SCOTUS. But if you're not fit for SCOTUS doesn't mean you're a sex offender.

Comment

At this point, who the fvck cares about the assault anymore
                              Careful, now you are treading into the conservative, "See? They don't really care about her. This is all just a hit job." territory.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Careful, now you are treading into the conservative, "See? They don't really care about her. This is all just a hit job." territory.
                                Please correct me if I'm wrong, I interpreted it as "don't care about anything as long as he's not SCOTUS." Label him whatever, even if he's not guilty, just don't let him be a SCOTUS, dam evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X