• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlagDUDE08
    replied
    Re: SCOTUS 13: Confirmation consternation contemplation

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    It won’t. Americans are morons.
    If you actually wanted a blue wave, you better hope that to be true, because the public has become wise to your tactics, and first time voters are even coming out now.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

You have your report. Now time to decide. https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...rview-reports/

Leave a comment:

• BassAle
    replied
    Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Such a joke.
    The Blue Wave needs to happen.
    It won’t. Americans are morons.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied

Such a joke.
    The Blue Wave needs to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Professors, pffft. Who listens to those flaming l1btard pansies.
    How about one who teaches at seminary? He should be Xtian enough right?

Nope just another (((globalist))) I guess

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    That's an insult to pansies.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Ben Sasse said he urged Trump to nominate someone else...then voted to move the nomination forward. That guy is a two faced clown.

Apparently Soros and the Clintons are spreading the money around:

What would they all know though?

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    I said I'd check so I did. The word refuted is used by Kavanaugh four times in his entire testimony. Never twice in a row or in the same sentence and never after his opening statement. Perhaps you're quoting Matt Damon.

But since I'm here and people talk about this subject:

Keyzer said that she never met K, she doesn't know him, and was never at a party with him. That refutes Ford's claim specifically.
    Except you conveniently leave out where she said she also believes Ford's account. She just said she doesnt remember being at a party with Kavanaugh. Not the same thing at all.

"However, as my client has already made clear, she does not know Judge Kavanaugh and has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford," the letter from Howard Walsh, Keyser's attorney, said. It continued that Keyser "does not refute Dr. Ford's account, and she has already told the press that she believes Dr. Ford's account." (quote from CBS News)

You can get as semantical as you want to, the witnesses didnt say what he said they did. None of the witnesses exonerated him as he implied, all they did was say they dont remember. All of them were smarter than he was because none of them spoke in absolutes in case they were wrong. (or have to change their story later) Sure if this was a trial it wouldnt be enough to convict him but none of us are saying otherwise. He is the one touting it like it is the smoking gun proving his innocence. It does nothing of the kind.

Leave a comment:

• Wisko McBadgerton
    replied

Originally posted by rufus View Post

And during later parts of his testimony, he said those four witnesses, quote, "refuted, REFUTED!!" Blasey Ford's testimony. Not just once, but several times.

I said I'd check so I did. The word refuted is used by Kavanaugh four times in his entire testimony. Never twice in a row or in the same sentence and never after his opening statement. Perhaps you're quoting Matt Damon.

But since I'm here and people talk about this subject:

Keyzer said that she never met K, she doesn't know him, and was never at a party with him. That refutes Ford's claim specifically.

Judge says he never saw K do what Ford says he did, nor does he believe K ever would do such a thing. That refutes Ford's claim specifically.

PJ says he doesn't recall ever being at such a party and continues on with "I have known Brett Kavanaugh since high school and I know him to be a person of great integrity, a great friend, and I have never witnessed any improper conduct by Brett Kavanaugh towards women." That refutes Ford's claim generally.

Obviously K himself refutes Ford's claim. That's all 4 people alleged to be at the party. I realize people will disagree with Judge or PJ especially, as to whether they "refute" the claim. I'm sure K would argue that their evidence does go toward refuting Ford's claim and he is allowed to make that argument on his own behalf whether it's in the court room or in the Senate. Or he would argue something much smarter, as whatever else he is, he is apparently a pretty good lawyer.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    According to Klobuchar...McConnell has started the clock on voting and they have yet to see an FBI report
    What the heck? So his possible swing votes like Collins are under siege it seems and he puts them under the limelight 2 days earlier than planned?

If he ends up calling for the vote before the report comes in Flake is a for sure no he has already said as much. I dont see any way Collins votes yes either...

This makes no sense...this isnt good strategy this is just stupid. This is what you do when you fear what will come out if you wait.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied

According to Klobuchar...McConnell has started the clock on voting and they have yet to see an FBI report

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I swear to god, if i didnt know better I would swear they are trying to tank this.
    Perhaps they are. Maybe they don't want Kavanaugh and are just trying to make it look like the Dems are doing it to fire up the base for the midterms...

Nothing out of the capital surprises me anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Jesus arent some of these Republicans lawyers? (I know Graham is) What the heck are they doing? Once again dont make any statements you cant back up or can be impeached. The mere appearance of impropriety casts a shadow of doubt on everything. You just caught a deep pass and are about to score the game winning TD how about you not spike the ball until you cross the goal line.

I swear to god, if i didnt know better I would swear they are trying to tank this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X