X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 13: Confirmation consternation contemplation

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I believe he also said that if it is proven Kavanaugh lied the nomination is dead. The statement from his classmate at Yale seems to cast doubt on whether Brett was truthful...just saying.
    If they show Kavanaugh outright knowingly lied to the SJC he should be off the DC Circuit.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      Crap.

But it's kinda amazing how often you and Joe find crap like from the Post, or Fox, or the WSJ, and can't figure out that it's crap on your own. You just have to ask questions.

And the Biden rule thing is 2-year old crap at this point. You can't tell me you didn't hear about it during the Garland non-hearings.
      Would you like a link to the Post article?

I'd think you'd be happy I'd ask and not just buy in blindly.

And why ask here? Because (a) it's a discussion forum and (b) there tends to be some pretty good explanations.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This is how I see it as well. Flake's gambit could only work if he was the deciding vote. The amount of emails and calls he must be getting at this point both from Senators and regular people must be crazy. I dont envy his staff right now...
          They're probably just letting it go to VM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Didn't Donnelly also vote against tax theft and ACA repeal?
            The tax bill vote took no guts since it was decided the way it was regardless of his vote. McCain's vote on Obamacare caught many off guard, so I'm not seeing much courage there either. This vote is still at least somewhat in the air, we are only weeks away from a very close Senate race and he is already stating his position. Before the Ford allegations became public knowledge I would have bet the farm he was going to vote to confirm him even though even absent the drunken frat boy sexual assault Kavanaugh has no business on the Supreme Court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
              May have been a combination of all that but I will give Flake credit here whatever his motives are. One website (buzzfeed maybe) posted the priceless reactions of the Goopers on the Judiciary committee when they received word that they had to delay the vote for a week. Pretty funny stuff.

Having said that, I think Flake is the deciding vote here. Purely for political reasons I can see Collins voting no to preserve her political future in the 2020 elections. That's all well and fine if every other Republican holds the line. Murkowski has more to lose than gain from Chump's wrath so I wouldn't count on her any. That means Flake who probably agrees with Kavanaugh's positions but hates Trump and has nothing to lose given that his political career is essentially dead.
              I don’t get the impression the average person cares a lot about this in Maine. Also, Collins will be 68 in 2020 and might decide not to run. I doubt she lets 2020 have much impact in her decision.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Oh my god Jon Oliver killed it!

BTW having seen Brett's testimony again...I cant prove that it says "cry here for effect" at random points in his written testimony I just know it is true.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  I don’t get the impression the average person cares a lot about this in Maine. Also, Collins will be 68 in 2020 and might decide not to run. I doubt she lets 2020 have much impact in her decision.
                  Collins is an opportunist and I'm sure she's running polls right now regarding her decision. Also, 68 is young for the Senate.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

If Collins isnt running then she has no reason to not vote no. I guess I hope Drew is right
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Wait what?
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Wait what?
                        Yes. That's true. If he were black then we'd think he's innocent.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Yes. That's true. If he were black then we'd think he's innocent.
                          I know it's pretty rough being an upper middle class white guy. I feel for Kavanaugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Two years is an eternity in politics...
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

"It is amazing the lengths people will go to to get a free polygraph test..."
                              Jon Oliver

BRILLIANT!
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Had to read one of Dershowitz's books in college. Can't figure out what he's doing in the Trump camp. Getting paid handsomely, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X