This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    And during that investigation she as a prosecutor could give Judge immunity so he could not plead the 5th.
    True dat
    Last edited by Handyman; 09-28-2018, 12:07 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: SCOTUS 12: Will Kavanaugh Be Confirmed?

Kamala Harris didn't even get to speak.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Well, my mind has not changed.

He will be confirmed.

We as a nation said women don't matter again. Thomas has been a shining example of that and when he is gone Kavanaugh will carry the torch alone.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          she will speak when spoken to!!!!!!!!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Favorite quotes/quips/one-liners regarding these recent events:

" ... intergalactic freak show ... "

" ... calling it a circus is unfair to clowns ... "

"The sane part of the country has been taken hostage by the insane part."
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

They're off the clock. Grassley is letting it roll "to the gavel". She could be going for more than five minutes right now. Why she left makes no sense.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

He will be confirmed.

We as a nation said women don't matter again. Thomas has been a shining example of that and when he is gone Kavanaugh will carry the torch alone.
                Republicans not only gave away the House, but are willing to risk losing the Senate over this guy. Impressively stupid.

At least we know the other SCOTUS members are capable of meting out their own form of punishment. Kav will be assigned to write the least significant opinions, and I'll bet RBG doesn't invite him over for tea.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Republicans not only gave away the House, but are willing to risk losing the Senate over this guy. Impressively stupid.
                  Those can be won back.
                  They're getting a guaranteed Branch for 30 years.

Long game.

And if you're wrong about Congress, they'll have all three.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

He will be confirmed.

This is pretty accurate. I'm guessing the Dems will do very well at mid terms, but they won't be able to do anything because that's how they roll.

Pretty sure we will see this same theatre when another judge needs to be replaced in the next six years.

Bottom line what this exposes to me is how much better at politics the Republicans are. Trump will love to have a democratic congress to play the foil. The rest of the Republicans after getting everything they needed from Trump the first two years will stand up for him if they maintain control of the senate, but will flip on him if they don't. He is annoying even to them I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by sagard View Post
                      This is pretty accurate. I'm guessing the Dems will do very well at mid terms, but they won't be able to do anything because that's how they roll.
                      I know this won't happen, but imagine if Congress flips to the Democrats with a veto-proof majority. Then, theoretically, Congress could pass any bill they want and not worry about what Trump thinks (as long as it's SCOTUS proof).
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

He will be confirmed.

This guy makes Thomas look like a Puritan.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

If that's what's needed then yes. Why is this so difficult for you and the Republicans to understand? The process is truth. And uncovering the truth is what Dr. Ford wants and what most sane minded Americans want. Kavanaugh did the assault. If we need to prosecute him, and Judge to get at the truth then we should do so.
                          Ok. I don't think any D has suggested this course, but has rather asked for a reopening of the background investigation, which is one in which prosecutors don't run around granting immunity to anyone that can provide dirt on the subject. But setting that aside, we need a federal prosecutor for the Ramirez, claims. We need one for Avenatti's client. We need one for any and all uncorroborated claims against the nominee. In the future, when President Harris nominates a judge, we will need federal prosecutors, not just the FBI, investigating any and all uncorroborated claims, including a guy from Cleveland claiming he saw the nominee shooting heroin and ****ing an owl on the courthouse steps under a full moon.
                          Give him immunity and Roger Stone will certainly claim he sold coke to the dems next nominee last week. I don't think this is going to go well as a policy.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            Ok. I don't think any D has suggested this course, but has rather asked for a reopening of the background investigation, which is one in which prosecutors don't run around granting immunity to anyone that can provide dirt on the subject. But setting that aside, we need a federal prosecutor for the Ramirez, claims. We need one for Avenatti's client. We need one for any and all uncorroborated claims against the nominee. In the future, when President Harris nominates a judge, we will need federal prosecutors, not just the FBI, investigating any and all uncorroborated claims, including a guy from Cleveland claiming he saw the nominee shooting heroin and ****ing an owl on the courthouse steps under a full moon.
                            Give him immunity and Roger Stone will certainly claim he sold coke to the dems next nominee last week. I don't think this is going to go well as a policy.
                            I'm okay with the owl part... I don't judge.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by sagard View Post

Pretty sure we will see this same theatre when another judge needs to be replaced in the next six years.

Bottom line what this exposes to me is how much better at politics the Republicans are. Trump will love to have a democratic congress to play the foil. The rest of the Republicans after getting everything they needed from Trump the first two years will stand up for him if they maintain control of the senate, but will flip on him if they don't. He is annoying even to them I'm sure.
                              I don't think so this time...too many non Centrist old Dems. Lots of younger more Progressive people who hate all things Trump. They will fight.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                I'm okay with the owl part... I don't judge.
                                It's actually a reference to a very old Buddy Hackett joke that I can't imagine anyone would know. I like to amuse myself sometimes, though.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X