X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Just heard this from a colleague:

What would happen if Kavanaugh asked to be heard one more time, went on the record, and told the committee: "If selected I will recuse myself from any case affecting Roe v. Wade that may come before the Court."
    The GOP would allow the FBI investigation. He would never be confirmed.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: SCOTUS 12: Will Kavanaugh Be Confirmed?

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

What would happen if Kavanaugh asked to be heard one more time, went on the record, and told the committee: "If selected I will recuse myself from any case affecting Roe v. Wade that may come before the Court."
      Irrelevant. That isn't the issue. I know you think it is but it's not. And it has nothing to do with what is happening right now. Ms. Klobuchar made that abundantly clear this morning.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        I know two women who are 100% on Kavanaugh's side on this. It's a little disturbing to listen to their reasoning. A lot of "Satan is at work here; Kavanaugh wants to keep families together by his pro-life stance." And then it goes on and on.
        Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Just out of curiosity, about what age are these ladies?
        The former lawyer is 70yo, and the other is 33. Very ardent conservative Catholics.

The 70yo told me that she was upset because the Democrats on that panel were being bullies to Judge Kavanaugh, not respectful at all. She was also upset about Feinstein, saying she sat on Dr. Ford's letter for two months before bringing it forward for the confirmation process.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          The former lawyer is 70yo, and the other is 33. Very ardent conservative Catholics.

The 70yo told me that she was upset because the Democrats on that panel were being bullies to Judge Kavanaugh, not respectful at all. She was also upset about Feinstein, saying she sat on Dr. Ford's letter for two months before bringing it forward for the confirmation process.
          Of course she said that...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Did she watch the hearing? Or was that Sean Hannity's take?
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Very ardent conservative Catholics.
              Ah yes, Catholicism. A corrupt cabal of old white men who have run the show for centuries are supposed to be looked to for moral guidance amidst the current Pedo Eruptions? Yeah, right.

Comment

I know two women who are 100% on Kavanaugh's side on this. It's a little disturbing to listen to their reasoning. A lot of "Satan is at work here; Kavanaugh wants to keep families together by his pro-life stance." And then it goes on and on.
                Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Did she watch the hearing? Or was that Sean Hannity's take?
                She's retired as of a few months ago, and spent the day watching the hearing live. I was at work, like today, so I don't know how closely she watched.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

She was also upset about Feinstein, saying she sat on Dr. Ford's letter for two months before bringing it forward for the confirmation process.
                  Real or not, that (in)action gave the Rs the ability to make all the claims they did yesterday about "timing".

Sen Feinstein should've made sure Kavanaugh never made the short list if she believes the letter and Dr Ford. Yes, Dr Ford's privacy; but yes, we're talking a felony sexual assault claim that Sen Feinstein sat on. She gave the Rs something to use.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Ah yes, Catholicism. A corrupt cabal of old white men who have run the show for centuries are supposed to be looked to for moral guidance amidst the current Pedo Eruptions? Yeah, right.
                    I just bit my tongue during some of the objections raised.

Comment

She's retired as of a few months ago, and spent the day watching the hearing live. I was at work, like today, so I don't know how closely she watched.
                      Well, it's an amazing take. I don't see any way possible a human being could have it, but to each their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

What about cases involving presidential self pardons, or indicting a sitting president? That's the real reason he's on the court. Plus, his tirade yesterday showed he can never be impartial again as he believes there's a conspiracy against him by an entire group. He should have been disqualified as soon as he started acting like a toddler.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          ... his tirade yesterday showed he can never be impartial again as he believes there's a conspiracy against him by an entire group. He should have been disqualified as soon as he started acting like a toddler.
                          I believe the term I used yesterday was "un-judicial".
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Now Crapo is lying about the process.

Comment

Seriously. And I am getting angry now.

WHICH PART OF THE BACKGROUND CHECK DONE BY THE FBI BEING REOPENED DOESN'T THE REPUBLICANS UNDERSTAND?

It has been done every single time something like this has happened. Maddow proved it. Others have proved it.

Yet these liars keep lying about it. Over and over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                What about cases involving presidential self pardons, or indicting a sitting president? That's the real reason he's on the court.
                                Add it in to my quote of the colleague. Would it change anything? I think Handy's take on the R reaction is accurate.

I think my original posit would soften the Ds more than yours. The Ds know to go after POTUS it's House and Senate (Constitutional impeachment process) not criminal/civil.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X