Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Scotus 11: Will Thomas Ever Speak Again?

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Oddly, I think I looked it up because you posted that the SOL hasn't expired in MD.

The question was, why would two men come forward and expose themselves to prosecution. They aren't exposed to prosecution as far as I can see.
    Still, you want to admit to something like that if you don't have to?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      So high school age girls only drink when forced to? You must have gone to some different parties then I went to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Even if they chose to get drunk that literally changes nothing.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        Avenatti will get his justice when he makes the foolhardy decision to run for President.
        Very true.

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Doesn't matter. Use common sense. Why would two men come forward and admit to a sexual assault that was purportedly done 35 years ago by a man they don't even know?

Even if you did do it, you keep your mouth shut, and hope no one ever finds out it was you.
        This.

The fact that Kav won't open himself up to a full investigation into the matter, is all I really need to know to determine he lacks the integrity to sit on the highest court in the land.

Comment

i'm wondering if he wasn't confusing that with the man who reported to the committee that he had assaulted two men from the boat in Newport who had allegedly raped his friend?
          I called that a crackpot-ish claim and got flack. The Newport guy recanted his claim entirely last night.

It's been reported that the Judiciary committee has spoken to two men who claim they were actually the ones who assaulted Ford. No more details so far that I've seen.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Hearing has started.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Still, you want to admit to something like that if you don't have to?
              They are either lying or telling the truth. Reasons for lying are self evident. Telling the truth could be political, or actual feeling guilty about it after seeing how it's wrecked Ford. And/or Kavanaugh I guess. I agree that altruism in political matters is exceedingly rare.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                Let me ask you this question.

Have you ever had the responsibility to make this type of decision? I'm not talking about sitting up here in the peanut gallery where you and I and everyone else is at watching these Senate events unfold. I'm talking about it being your responsibility, with real consequences to both parties, to make a credibility decision on this type of issue.

I have. I will tell you, it is not easy. In fact, it's one of the harder things I've had to do.

It wasn't as a juror, where someone's freedom was at stake, but I would have the help of 11 other people to shoulder the responsibility. It was in the employment setting. And it hasn't been on just one occasion.

I will tell you that it feels different when it's up to you. When you hold their fate in your hands and it's your decision that will be second-guessed. In each of those instances there were always people who would say, "I don't know how you can't believe him because of _________," or "it was __________ that made it clear to me she was telling the truth."

It is not an easy task.
                That may be true (I was on a jury and i didnt find it that hard but that was my experience) but it isnt that much of an issue when you refuse to even pay attention to what is going on. Of all the GOP that are in the Senate maybe 3 are actually paying attention. They arent weighing anything. They dont care if Ford is credible and they certainly dont care if Kavanaugh is.

And before you tell me "well the Democrats are the same way" the Dems are the ones asking for more information. The Dems are the ones that wanted his records opened, the Dems are the ones that want the accusers heard. They wan to know everything so at least they can pretend to make an informed decision. The GOP honestly wouldnt care if he was a serial killer (to use your earlier post) they would still be voting to confirm tomorrow.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Grassley in his opening statement is destroying Dr. Ford and her testimony before she even testifies. He is issuing judgement in his opening statement.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Marcy Wheeler over at emptywheel made a good point that I'll paraphrase here.

Kavanaugh spent that entire Fox interview saying that he had never sexually assaulted anyone. Immediately after his first use of that term 'sexual assault", he pivoted to how he had never even had intercourse in high school, nor for many years after. He's trying to equate "sexual assault" with the actual sex act. No penetration, no sexual assault. Can't have sexual assault without sex.

He then went on to say never committed "sexual assault", like nine times over the course of the interview.

It's "depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is". Kinda ironic, that.
                    stupid point (or not a point at all).

why would one not use sexual assault? that was what the woman said he did.
                    he then added he was a virginal nerd who didn't pop in a chick until much later in life. not relevant, but he said it.

don't see where he said "if you don't nut it, you can't commit sexual assault".

more projecting on others of ones own thoughts here.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Is Grassley drunk?

Comment

Listening to Grassley drone on and lie hurts my brain...
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Apparently the Senate does its own investigations. The FBI is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Grassley in his opening statement is destroying Dr. Ford and her testimony before she even testifies. He is issuing judgement in his opening statement.
                            Grassley has set the tone...Ford can totally see where this is headed.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Apparently the Senate does its own investigations. The FBI is irrelevant.
                              Funny that wasnt the case before this loser President
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Grassley has set the tone...Ford can totally see where this is headed.
                                You could see it in her eyes. She knows where this is going. She has more strength and guts than I've ever had.

Comment

Working...
                                X