Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

Pitino is baaaaaaaaacccckk
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      CAA official tests positive
      Thanks boomer
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Pitino is baaaaaaaaacccckk
        Iona is in New Rochelle.

He must have visited recently for the interview.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• To be fair, the travel probably took a lot out of the B1G teams.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            To be fair, the travel probably took a lot out of the B1G teams.
            This has been a really fun tournament to watch with sort of the "non-traditional" college basketball powers taking the stage. There haven't been an endless string of buzzer beaters, but just watching other programs have a chance has been fun. I have nothing against Kansas basketball, but I actually enjoyed watching them get stomped last night.

The performance of the B1G has been a mess. Michigan pretty much needs to run the table to keep this from being a top 10 bad performance by a conference, collectively, in as long as I can remember.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

This has been a really fun tournament to watch with sort of the "non-traditional" college basketball powers taking the stage. There haven't been an endless string of buzzer beaters, but just watching other programs have a chance has been fun. I have nothing against Kansas basketball, but I actually enjoyed watching them get stomped last night.

The performance of the B1G has been a mess. Michigan pretty much needs to run the table to keep this from being a top 10 bad performance by a conference, collectively, in as long as I can remember.
              Def a top 5 bad performance.
              In 2011 the Big East had 11 teams invited and 9 were gone the 1st weekend. UConn went on to win it all though.
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Despite your ridiculousness in other threads, I agree with this statement. This has been one of the more enjoyable tournaments to watch in a while, despite my team missing out yet again. I too enjoy watching the blue bloods get their butts kicked.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Despite your ridiculousness in other threads, I agree with this statement. This has been one of the more enjoyable tournaments to watch in a while, despite my team missing out yet again. I too enjoy watching the blue bloods get their butts kicked.
                  Ah, there's nothing ridiculous about my posts in other threads. You just don't agree with them, but that's ok. It's all good.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Ah, there's nothing ridiculous about my posts in other threads. You just don't agree with them, but that's ok. It's all good.
                    What’s funny is I have actually agreed with you on a number of things, such as finding it ludicrous that Democrats decided it was a good idea to strip MTG of her committee assignments, or that Cuomo’s situation in NY was much more perilous than some on here believed.
                    But, your trolling diminishes your brand. You’re “one of us” for now, and you said so yourself since you repeatedly slapped us in the face with your “I voted for Biden” shtick. At this point, I have no idea what made you vote for him, since your trolling has only picked up here in recent weeks. I mean, at the end of the day, you do you, but you’re much more enjoyable when you’re actually having somewhat thoughtful discussions, rather than putting a hook in the water.

Comment

• Bow to your Pac-12 gods!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

What’s funny is I have actually agreed with you on a number of things, such as finding it ludicrous that Democrats decided it was a good idea to strip MTG of her committee assignments, or that Cuomo’s situation in NY was much more perilous than some on here believed.
                        But, your trolling diminishes your brand. You’re “one of us” for now, and you said so yourself since you repeatedly slapped us in the face with your “I voted for Biden” shtick. At this point, I have no idea what made you vote for him, since your trolling has only picked up here in recent weeks. I mean, at the end of the day, you do you, but you’re much more enjoyable when you’re actually having somewhat thoughtful discussions, rather than putting a hook in the water.
                        People can call it trolling or whatever they want. I guess I don't really care what people call it. I certainly made the gun violence post and others for purposes of needling people, because honestly, they earned it.

Here is what annoys me. It's when people blame people on the other side of the political aisle for things that ail the country, that in my opinion aren't really that easy or possible to politically fix. Things like gun violence or dealing with a pandemic. But there is this claim that if just they were put in charge, they would act to solve it, that they wouldn't just offer up "thoughts and prayers." Over the years I've always called BS on their claim, pointing out that when they've had past opportunities in the majority to act, they failed to solve the problem, or, more likely, it's not a readily solvable problem But then the ladies in the choir chime in and shout me down, and I move on.

But when the time comes, you can be sure I'm going to remind them of exactly what I said earlier. If you want to call my reminder "trolling," so be it.

Probably as much as anyone else on this board I understand the political realities of trying to get a caucus or political body to move in a direction you want it to move. I've actually worked for a state legislature. Getting legislation passed, even good legislation, is a craft that only skilled politicians have mastered. That is part of the reason I called BS every time I was told here about all the things that the D's were going to do once they had power.

So yeah, some people are going to be reminded of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          Bow to your Pac-12 gods!
                          My team is still in it, so fark that.

(they get Gonzaga Sunday, though, so it's probably the end of the line).

Comment

People can call it trolling or whatever they want. I guess I don't really care what people call it. I certainly made the gun violence post and others for purposes of needling people, because honestly, they earned it.

Here is what annoys me. It's when people blame people on the other side of the political aisle for things that ail the country, that in my opinion aren't really that easy or possible to politically fix. Things like gun violence or dealing with a pandemic. But there is this claim that if just they were put in charge, they would act to solve it, that they wouldn't just offer up "thoughts and prayers." Over the years I've always called BS on their claim, pointing out that when they've had past opportunities in the majority to act, they failed to solve the problem, or, more likely, it's not a readily solvable problem But then the ladies in the choir chime in and shout me down, and I move on.

But when the time comes, you can be sure I'm going to remind them of exactly what I said earlier. If you want to call my reminder "trolling," so be it.

Probably as much as anyone else on this board I understand the political realities of trying to get a caucus or political body to move in a direction you want it to move. I've actually worked for a state legislature. Getting legislation passed, even good legislation, is a craft that only skilled politicians have mastered. That is part of the reason I called BS every time I was told here about all the things that the D's were going to do once they had power.

So yeah, some people are going to be reminded of that.
                            Fair enough. I rescind calling you someone who can’t tell your as- from a hole in the ground. I bit on that hook, and despite others telling us not to quote you or engage, I still will. But while you know quite a bit about the world or what have you, plenty of others on here do too. I don’t doubt your state legislature experience gives you a unique point of view, but it should also help you recognize how broken the national GOP is at this point, and how it’s nearly impossible to pass anything anymore with bipartisan votes. Democrats certainly aren’t blameless on that, but they’re a much more mainstream, middle-of-the-road party than the GOP is at this point.

Comment

• The hell?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...m-racist-post/

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                I'm sure this has been going on forever.

Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X