X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Re: Another Book Thread

I recommend Albert Camus' "The Plague." In addition to being an enjoyable (and quick) read, a great novel, and a fascinating exposition of philosophy, it is also following our epidemic note for note.

Leave a comment:

• Probert
    replied

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Went to the library to return my books; the notice is to keep them until they reopen. Even the after-hours return slot is closed.
    I dropped mine into the overnight bin the morning they decided to close the library 2 weeks ago. I downloaded a couple the other day and they still have them checked out to me except now they are due on May 20th.

Leave a comment:

• Probert
    replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Hardcover
    Paperback
    eBook?

How do you currently read your books?

Had a thought - will future archeologists be able to read about our culture if everything is only an eBook?
    I tend to read real books except on vacation then I take my kindle because it's easier than toting around 8-10 books.

Leave a comment:

• jen
    replied

Just signed up for Audible, since their availability is better for new books. I don't plan on paying for individual books, but I'll try it out and use my free credits. Currently listening to Cactus League by Emily Nemens. Just finished The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek - pretty good.

My library has 2 digital resources for e-audiobooks - Hoopla and Libby. Hoopla has better availability. Both interfaces suck and I can't wait until the library is open again.

I've been thinking of listening to The Count of Monte Cristo. Never read it. However, it is 50+ hours. I don't have any more free time than I had last week (less, actually). Still worth the time?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

If anyone is interested, I Am Legend by Richard Matheson is on sale today on various eBook/Kindle sites for $1.99 (normally $9.99)
    Amazon
    Apple
    Barnes&Noble
    Google
    Kobo
    Neat. Thanks.

The Comedy of Terrors was on TCM last night. He wrote it. But if something was interesting or screwball between 1955 and 1970 and on radio, TV, or movies, odds are it was written by either him, Arch Obler, George Lefferts (still alive at 98!), Ernest Kinoy, or Robert Sheckley.
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-28-2020, 08:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

If anyone is interested, I Am Legend by Richard Matheson is on sale today on various eBook/Kindle sites for $1.99 (normally $9.99)
    Amazon
    Apple
    Barnes&Noble
    Google
    Kobo

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied

Hardcover
    Paperback
    eBook?

Had a thought - will future archeologists be able to read about our culture if everything is only an eBook?
    Currently listening to an audiobook, have a paperback by the bed and a hard cover library book in progress.

Audiobooks when I am walking. Started using it a few months ago. Not so keen on it if I am at home.

No kindle, ebooks. Can't seem to pay attention to them.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Dr. Mrs. did and recommends it.
    Gives a good background for this mess

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Hardcover
    Paperback
    eBook?

Kindle.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    another else read The Fifth Risk from Michael Lewis?
    Dr. Mrs. did and recommends it.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Went to the library to return my books; the notice is to keep them until they reopen. Even the after-hours return slot is closed.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

another else read The Fifth Risk from Michael Lewis?

Leave a comment:

• jen
    replied

Hardcover
    Paperback
    eBook?

Hardcover or paperback. Added audiobooks since my concussion (also had to switch to large print - not back to regular print yet).

Lately, I've had to add e-audiobooks (via Libby and Hoopla), because my library is closed.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied
    Hardcover
    Paperback
    eBook?

Hardcover and paperback. I love the medium, just like with music I won’t go digital.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Hardcover
    Paperback
    eBook?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X