No announcement yet.

USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really don't like cooking and always make just some easy food.
    Once a week i can also eat junks , even left couple of reviews on different fast food restaurants.
    This one is burger king reviews for example . Do you guys always share your impressions about the food online or just when it is really bad?
    Last edited by anygreen; 09-21-2022, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• So on Saturdays you can eat as many of baba's pirozhki as you want? Good for you, torvarisch.

Comment

• Originally posted by anygreen View Post
        I really don't like cooking and always make just some easy food.
        Once a week i can also eat junks
        Aren't you worried about getting food in your case?
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• So this is kinda surprising, but we've made a number of recipes from Hy-Vee's Seasons magazine over the last year or two and they've all been above average to very good. Which wasn't what I expected from a free grocery store mag.

Tonight we made this
          https://www.hy-vee.com/recipes-ideas...icken-and-rice

and since my wife can't have very much garlic, we made our own red curry paste.

The curry recipe was really quite good. I will say, it needed a bit more kick than what seasonings they called for, but overall we're definitely making this again. Easily could add some sliced red pepper, green beans, or other curry-friendly veggie and it would really dial it up.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Chickpea pasta with a bit of butter and herbs isn't so bad.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              Chickpea pasta with a bit of butter and herbs isn't so bad.
              100% agree. Banza has a nice bite to it. We've mixed it in with regular pasta to help boost flavor and color. Only thing I hate about chickpea pasta is the foam. Annoying, but manageable.
              Code:

Comment

• https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/ch...igrette-recipe

4+ Out of 5 for a weeknight one-pan dinner

we used bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and adjusted cook times accordingly. Excellent simple pantry dinner.
                Code:

Comment

• Not sure where to put this, but we just had the best meal, best experience of the entire trip.

We had booked two nights at the French restaurant in town. The two owners are husband and wife. The husband a native Frenchman with an absolute burning passion of cooking and entertaining. The wife managed the business, the bar, and the restaurant (and the chef lol). the first night we had an incredible meal and thanked the chef and his wife for the wonderful food and entertaining evening. Like, the two dishes were world class and the creme brule was the best anyone in the restaurant had ever had (except for one German dildo who made a point to say it was "only een mein top three because eeet waz not traditional"). But the chef came out afterwards and my wife and I sat and had drinks in the lounge after dinner and talked for what must have been and hour or so.

The venison lasagne was one of the best meals I have ever had. Just a symphony of flavors. The sauces on all our dishes were complex and indescribable. Classic French cooking.

Anyways, we went back tonight and the chef surprised us with a dessert that occupied much of his COVID lockdown perfecting every day. He poured so much into that dessert and it showed. A dark chocolate mousse (which on its own was incredible) but he had delicately smoked a portion of it (the sugar or maybe the chocolate) with oak. It wasn't obvious but there was something else there. he had us taste it using his instructions and it became clear as day and was absolutely delicious.

Again, we spoke for a good hour or two and just bonded. It was infectious his passion for food. We have exchanged contact info and we're going to keep in touch. He offered next time he's in the states to come over and be our private chef for the evening. Like, what an offer. Just mind blowing. Got a bit dusty in the restaurant. We hugged, said our goodbyes, and I really hope we can continue to stay in contact.

You're offered only so many of these moments in life. Like really, truly the moments you'll remember everything about fifty years from now.
                  Code:

Comment

• I loved watching the Food Network. And I loved to cook various delicious dishes until I found out that I have diabetes. It is really tough, I have to buy trulicity online often, and take it a lot to feel better. Now I so dream of eating a huge cake with a milkshake. It sounds really great, but unfortunately I think I won't try it again
                    Last edited by jjuliajul11; 10-24-2022, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjuliajul11 View Post
                      I loved watching the Food Network
                      **** you. You probably like Sandra Lee.

Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

**** you. You probably like Sandra Lee.

With all those vodka cocktails and canned ingredients, what Russian bot wouldn't?

Comment

• Thanksgiving ideas wanted.

My parents are coming to my place for Thanksgiving. There will be 5 adults (parents, me, hubby, MIL). I do not want to cook a turkey (I don't much care for turkey, and even a small one leaves more leftovers than I want). What other entrees have you tried for a smaller Thanksgiving party? I've thought about just a turkey breast...but my dad likes dark meat and at least 2 others aren't turkey fans.

We're thinking of doing a beef tenderloin roast. Then I have to figure out what sides. Stuffing is my favorite Thanksgiving side dish, but I'm not sure it pairs well with anything other than poultry.
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G
                          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                          2 Alaskan

Comment

• Risotto?
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• pairwell, shmarewell

If you like stuffing, make stuffing
                              Code:

Comment

• I've been advocating for a year off from turkey for eons, and I finally get to decree it now that my wife and I are hosting. I'm hoping to serve a standing rib roast.

Comment

Working...
                                X