No announcement yet.

USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lately, I've been using store-bought shortcuts on a lot of things. Learning that "semi-homemade" is okay when it's done well. If I venture into Kwanzaa Cakes, then I done crossed the line.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      Had alligator last night. Deep fried in a taco. Needed more salt.
      The MN State Fair has an alligator stand. It’s crazy busy there pretty much all the time. I’ve stopped by once, and that’ll be the last time, too. Totally bland.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        Lately, I've been using store-bought shortcuts on a lot of things. Learning that "semi-homemade" is okay when it's done well. If I venture into Kwanzaa Cakes, then I done crossed the line.
        Especially on weeknights, there's nothing wrong with jazzing up a jar of decent quality store-bought pasta sauce, or using low sodium broth from the carton when you're out of homemade. Most of us aren't full-time homemakers anymore.

Comment

• 100%. We always keep chicken breasts and several bags of frozen vegetables in the house. Super easy to make chicken XYZ with veggies and either quinoa or pasta.

two days ago I made a fast five spice chicken quinoa stir fry from what we had in the pantry. So good.

otherwise it's all about make aheads.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            The MN State Fair has an alligator stand. It’s crazy busy there pretty much all the time. I’ve stopped by once, and that’ll be the last time, too. Totally bland.
            Every time I've tried anything like that it's like I'm eating nothing but deep fat fried breading.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Using a refrigerated pizza dough, I spread ketchup and mustard down as a sauce, then used ground beef, cheese, and onions as a topping as a cheeseburger pizza. Was good.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Anyone ever added PB to brownie mix and if so do you do it in a way that makes PB swirls, or does it end up blending in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Anyone ever added PB to brownie mix and if so do you do it in a way that makes PB swirls, or does it end up blending in?
                  Had a GF who did this and made all sorts of cool patterns. It was magic. Who knew Jews made good brownies? (I think of brownies as the height of WASP culture.)
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Anyone ever added PB to brownie mix and if so do you do it in a way that makes PB swirls, or does it end up blending in?
                    Probably need to heat up the peanut butter. Hot enough to swirl, but not hot enough to cook three eggs.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Every time I've tried anything like that it's like I'm eating nothing but deep fat fried breading.
                      Sure, there are some real duds at the fair for food, but the alligator on a stick isn’t deep fried, or at least mine wasn’t. It was like unseasoned chicken, grilled over a propane flame, but with less taste.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Probably need to heat up the peanut butter. Hot enough to swirl, but not hot enough to cook three eggs.
                        Good idea. I'm going to try Google too but figured I'd start here.

Comment

Good idea. I'm going to try Google too but figured I'd start here.
                          The best tips I can give:
                          1. For feathering, try to get the viscosity of the two things you're combining as close as possible. Via heating/cooling or adding "stuff" (fats, liquids, etc.). Use a sharp blade and work quickly.
                          3. For marbling, use figure 8 motions with a spoon or butter knife. Speed and viscosities aren't nearly as important here.
                          Code:

Comment

The best tips I can give:
                            1. For feathering, try to get the viscosity of the two things you're combining as close as possible. Via heating/cooling or adding "stuff" (fats, liquids, etc.). Use a sharp blade and work quickly.
                            3. For marbling, use figure 8 motions with a spoon or butter knife. Speed and viscosities aren't nearly as important here.
                            Do you add a Maine coon tail too?

sorry, couldn’t resist . Don’t get why bots picked you for the kitty post

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Do you add a Maine coon tail too?

sorry, couldn’t resist . Don’t get why bots picked you for the kitty post
                              I am so very, very, very confused.
                              Code:

Comment

I am so very, very, very confused.
                                Look at the Norwegian or Maine coon thread posted today

Comment

Working...
                                X