No announcement yet.

USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Nigella Lawson has something called a "Meatzza," where she either uses ground beef or lamb as the "crust," and it's amazing.

Also, I also found KAF has a measure for measure GF flour, made of potato flour, rice, and something else. I've even seen coffee flour, but I can't use it as a 100% replacement.
    All kinds of flours but none behave like wheat flour. Banana flour makes tasty pancakes but they don't raise up like wheat flour ones, nor do they have same texture. Like I said Meatza tastes good but you can't fold a slice and eat it while reading your laptop.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat
      Also tonight, I am roasting a 4.5 lb leg of lamb and rubbing it down with oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary.

Watch my stepfather put ketchup on it.
      Ketchup?

Comment

Originally posted by LAKingsFan26 View Post
        Ketchup?
        He puts ketchup on EVERYTHING.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• I feel the need to be creative, so help me out.

I want to do a sweet potato lasagna, using thinly sliced sweet potatoes as the noodles. But I'm not sure how to fill it. A traditional bolognese and sweet potatoes don't mix.

I also thought of a white potato lasagna and definitely use a sharp cheddar, since I know cheddar and white potato go well together, and definitely use 80/20 ground beef. Just trying to think of the sauce.

And I have a container of cookie butter I need to use. Probably going to turn that into some muffins with unicorn chips tonight.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            I feel the need to be creative, so help me out.

I want to do a sweet potato lasagna, using thinly sliced sweet potatoes as the noodles. But I'm not sure how to fill it. A traditional bolognese and sweet potatoes don't mix.

I also thought of a white potato lasagna and definitely use a sharp cheddar, since I know cheddar and white potato go well together, and definitely use 80/20 ground beef. Just trying to think of the sauce.

And I have a container of cookie butter I need to use. Probably going to turn that into some muffins with unicorn chips tonight.
            Sweet potato 'noodles'~ filling ricotta mixed with an egg, tons of wilted chopped spinach and a clove or two of minced garlic.
            Or- layered alternating with chopped wilted spinach, caramelized onions and some bechemel sauce Slurp

Comment

• I made a pot of jambalaya for dinner last night. Andouille sausage, shrimp, red and green bell peppers, with sliced sourdough bread on the side! I somehow managed not to eat a second bowl.

Comment

• In emergencies, I've been doing meat "pizzas." Press a pound of ground turkey, sausage, or beef out into something that resembles a crust, top with sauce and cheese.

Comment

• I picked up a bag of gluten free flour and used it to make a pizza dough.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    I feel the need to be creative, so help me out.

Why not a "sweet" sweet potato lasagna? Ricotta or mascarpone with cinnamon, pumpkin pie type spices, pecans, candied pineapple. brown sugar. Would a caramel sauce be too much?
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Re: USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Been wanting new knives for awhile, and couldn't decide between German or Japanese steel. I compromised and ordered both.
                      I've had the 16 and 20cm Wüsthof knives for about four years now. Still in great condition. Always hand wash and dry immediately after use and then back into the sheath, hone after every five uses, and have professionally sharpened once a year. Definitely the best kitchen-purchase I've ever made and I've picked up two other Wüsthof knives since. The tang on those is so comfortable.
                      Last edited by cF[Authentic]; 07-08-2020, 05:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vizoroo View Post

Why not a "sweet" sweet potato lasagna? Ricotta or mascarpone with cinnamon, pumpkin pie type spices, pecans, candied pineapple. brown sugar. Would a caramel sauce be too much?
                        If replacing the noodles with sweet potatoes I'd consider some type of bean to replace the bolognese. Another option might be eggplant. We've made lasagna replacing the meat with eggplant and zucchini, also separately using kidney beans but we made it always with regular lasagna noodles.

Comment

• Originally posted by vizoroo View Post

Oh boy! That looks yummy. It is 90 with a heat index of over 100 so it might need to wait.

Comment

• I went and picked at least a quart of black raspberries this morning. They are all fairly small and on the seedy side. Any ideas for what to do that is not jam? When I made pie with them last yr the seeds were abundant enough that it made eating it a bit unpleasant.

Comment

• Excuse the poor lighting, but we made fresh hummus this morning including tahini from scratch.

Comment

• Part of why I hate cooking for my stepfather: puts ketchup on EVERYTHING. Doesn't matter if I've cooked it in a garlic and sage butter, doesn't matter if I've given it a good maple and Dijon mustard rub down, doesn't matter if I've marinated it in red wine and herbs. The moment it hits his plate, the Heinz comes out. And I'm over it.

Luckily in 2-3 weeks, he'll be putting Heinz on an empty plate, because I'm finally leaving him behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X