X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    For cranberry sauce, I've come to prefer the big purple lump in a can.
    Me too. For some reason my grandma did this and I just thoughts that is how it always comes

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I'm sure there are many, many substitutes for people who can't / won't eat turkey. Leaves more for me.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied
    My friends in St Croix ended up doing capons. Turkey there is obscenely expensive. Love this idea but the traditionalists would have apoplexy.
    I make turkey but I barely eat it. I eat all the veggies.
    We used to have 22 people but are down to 4 this yr. The upper generation is spotty with feeling like they are up to coming/ have health issues that prevent, but they all don't like the thought of having anyone outside of the family there. They are outspoken about this so if I did invite it would be unpleasant for who ever came. Eventually we will end up having Friendsgiving instead of family but dealing with the blowback is not worth it now.
    I am thinking of making tourtiere as one of the sides (insert exploding head emoji)
    -

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    A weirdly large number of people say this.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Wat

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I've been advocating for a year off from turkey for eons, and I finally get to decree it now that my wife and I are hosting. I'm hoping to serve a standing rib roast.
    my brother moved his family to a rotation of rib roast, or prime rib, something like that each year, a number of years ago. No more dry meat! My ex-girlfriend and I were there five years ago, it was prime rib. She didn’t understand what uncut horsey sauce really was, but she was warned. It lasted for a single bite. Sooooo much water was to be had!
    Last edited by St. Clown; 11-07-2022, 04:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    I've been advocating for a year off from turkey for eons, and I finally get to decree it now that my wife and I are hosting. I'm hoping to serve a standing rib roast.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    pairwell, shmarewell

If you like stuffing, make stuffing

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Risotto?

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied
    Thanksgiving ideas wanted.

My parents are coming to my place for Thanksgiving. There will be 5 adults (parents, me, hubby, MIL). I do not want to cook a turkey (I don't much care for turkey, and even a small one leaves more leftovers than I want). What other entrees have you tried for a smaller Thanksgiving party? I've thought about just a turkey breast...but my dad likes dark meat and at least 2 others aren't turkey fans.

We're thinking of doing a beef tenderloin roast. Then I have to figure out what sides. Stuffing is my favorite Thanksgiving side dish, but I'm not sure it pairs well with anything other than poultry.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

**** you. You probably like Sandra Lee.

With all those vodka cocktails and canned ingredients, what Russian bot wouldn't?

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by jjuliajul11 View Post
    I loved watching the Food Network
    **** you. You probably like Sandra Lee.

Leave a comment:

• jjuliajul11
    replied
    I loved watching the Food Network. And I loved to cook various delicious dishes until I found out that I have diabetes. It is really tough, I have to buy trulicity online often, and take it a lot to feel better. Now I so dream of eating a huge cake with a milkshake. It sounds really great, but unfortunately I think I won't try it again
    Last edited by jjuliajul11; 10-24-2022, 07:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Not sure where to put this, but we just had the best meal, best experience of the entire trip.

We had booked two nights at the French restaurant in town. The two owners are husband and wife. The husband a native Frenchman with an absolute burning passion of cooking and entertaining. The wife managed the business, the bar, and the restaurant (and the chef lol). the first night we had an incredible meal and thanked the chef and his wife for the wonderful food and entertaining evening. Like, the two dishes were world class and the creme brule was the best anyone in the restaurant had ever had (except for one German dildo who made a point to say it was "only een mein top three because eeet waz not traditional"). But the chef came out afterwards and my wife and I sat and had drinks in the lounge after dinner and talked for what must have been and hour or so.

The venison lasagne was one of the best meals I have ever had. Just a symphony of flavors. The sauces on all our dishes were complex and indescribable. Classic French cooking.

Anyways, we went back tonight and the chef surprised us with a dessert that occupied much of his COVID lockdown perfecting every day. He poured so much into that dessert and it showed. A dark chocolate mousse (which on its own was incredible) but he had delicately smoked a portion of it (the sugar or maybe the chocolate) with oak. It wasn't obvious but there was something else there. he had us taste it using his instructions and it became clear as day and was absolutely delicious.

Again, we spoke for a good hour or two and just bonded. It was infectious his passion for food. We have exchanged contact info and we're going to keep in touch. He offered next time he's in the states to come over and be our private chef for the evening. Like, what an offer. Just mind blowing. Got a bit dusty in the restaurant. We hugged, said our goodbyes, and I really hope we can continue to stay in contact.

You're offered only so many of these moments in life. Like really, truly the moments you'll remember everything about fifty years from now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X