Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Considering the last two years, Chicago should put up a wall and make Indiana pay for it.
    To paraphrase Vicente Fox..."Indiana will not pay"

We need to spend like $700 million just to get the roads in Indianapolis in decent shape. Even if we wanted to (which I'm sure some would to "keep them liberals out"), we couldn't afford it.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      WI, too.
      Chicagoans vacation and retire in Wisconsin in huge numbers, so they want a toll free highway, not a wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
        Chicagoans vacation and retire in Wisconsin in huge numbers, so they want a toll free highway, not a wall.
        It is Illinois largest state park after all!
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Bunch of FIBs
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
            Sure they don’t cross the lake and head to MI?

Mookie played golf at a club where the clubhouse held most of the banners and stuff that used to be in old Chicago stadium
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Sure they don’t cross the lake and head to MI?

Mookie played golf at a club where the clubhouse held most of the banners and stuff that used to be in old Chicago stadium
              That must have been pretty cool.

Comment

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Don't know where else to put this, but Chicago protesters are shutting down a highway for a march.
                  So I am watching Ken Burns Vietnam. They just had the Kent State massacre where several student protesters were shot by state troopers with little training. Polls at the time showed that the population fully supported the shootings as appropriate at about 65% approvals. I suspect its driven by independents who saw too much protesting...or were interfered with.

The larger point is that - while I am cool with them - protests on freeways in all probability hurt the causes of protesters and help conservatives. If they are endemic enough, I could see them affecting elections. Be careful what you wish for...
                  Last edited by 5mn_Major; 07-08-2018, 09:02 AM.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    So I am watching Ken Burns Vietnam. They just had the Kent State massacre where several student protesters were shot by state troopers with little training. Polls at the time showed that the population fully supported the shootings as appropriate (I disagree) at about 65% approvals. I suspect its driven by independents who saw too much protesting...or were interfered with.

The larger point is that - while I am cool with them - protests on freeways go in all probability hurt the causes of protesters and help conservatives. If they are endemic enough, I could see them affecting elections. Be careful what you wish for...
                    The “ silent majority “,were they not?
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                      So I am watching Ken Burns Vietnam. They just had the Kent State massacre where several student protesters were shot by state troopers with little training. Polls at the time showed that the population fully supported the shootings as appropriate (I disagree) at about 65% approvals. I suspect its driven by independents who saw too much protesting...or were interfered with.

The larger point is that - while I am cool with them - protests on freeways go in all probability hurt the causes of protesters and help conservatives. If they are endemic enough, I could see them affecting elections. Be careful what you wish for...
                      Think aftermath of Chicago in 1968.

Illinois went for Nixon in the presidential (motto-don't tick off Richard Daley).
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        The “ silent majority “,were they not?
                        That's right. Protesting is acknowledged by all as very important and it is. But its a tricky business in terms of affecting public opinion. See the other side, the Charlottesville supremacists rally.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Protests will almost always generate kickback because they are, initially at least, counter-majoritarian.

Protests against the Vietnam war got us out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            Protests will almost always generate kickback because they are, initially at least, counter-majoritarian.

Protests against the Vietnam war got us out of there.
                            Agreed. One analyst made an interesting point in the doc which I'll paraphrase: that the impacts and protests of Vietnam was the spark that led to the massive political divide which still occurs in America today.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              Agreed. One analyst made an interesting point in the doc which I'll paraphrase: that the impacts and protests of Vietnam was the spark that led to the massive political divide which still occurs in America today.
                              Burns' Vietnam doc was pretty riveting.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                People still love to kick the dirty hippies.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X