Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I just find it interesting that the child separation is still in place. I have a feeling that if the stupid policy was the Democrats and there was this kind of outcry the policy would have changed. They are doubling down.
    Authoritarians cannot be wrong, by definition. Admitting error is showing weakness. Rethinking is vacillation.

Now add that the pain being caused is a feature, not a bug. The whole idea is to create a deterrent to prevent people from coming. Torture as policy: the hallmark of people who believe in an actual hell and groveling in utter obeisance before a sociopathic Pain Deity.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I just find it interesting that the child separation is still in place. I have a feeling that if the stupid policy was the Democrats and there was this kind of outcry the policy would have changed. They are doubling down.
      This. And it isnt hurting Trump at all.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Yeah, and that makes me want to power vomit.

jfc.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Not among his thug base, obviously. But there's not one person left with a conscience who still votes Republican. The only question is: what will that mean in real political terms.

I still believe the Dumpy bloodthirsty reactionary sickness infects only about a third of the electorate.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's amazing that the Republicans have a clean sweep and control all the majority, yet they continue to act and speak like a minority party. And the deplorables continue to eat it up because these people "represent them!"

It's embarrassing to witness how many people are delusional that Trump can save them, and I've seen it first hand in the two locations I've been at for work in the last two years. These country towns are filled with people who think the self proclaimed billionaire they saw on TV, who surrounds himself with opulence, is representative of their struggling lifestyle.

Worse, are people who think he's "fighting the globalists," when in reality, he's isolating the US so he can spread his brand globally!
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Authoritarians cannot be wrong, by definition. Admitting error is showing weakness. Rethinking is vacillation.

Now add that the pain being caused is a feature, not a bug. The whole idea is to create a deterrent to prevent people from coming. Torture as policy: the hallmark of people who believe in an actual hell and a sociopathic deity.
              Yeah but you assume that the people are going to make the right choices to stop this. I am starting to think they wont. Trump's numbers arent trending down they are trending up. Americans have no problem torturing as long as there is something in it for them and that doesnt matter what side of the aisle they reside on.

As long as Trump can tout good economic and unemployment numbers he will be bulletproof on all the other crap. Even if Mueller finds everything we know to be true the only ones who care are the people on the Left and they cant be bothered to vote half the time.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Not among his thug base, obviously. But there's not one person left with a conscience who still votes Republican. The only question is: what will that mean in real political terms.
                Sadly, I'm still seeing people (generally older white folk) who aren't as connected to the internet getting their news via conservative radio or TV and the occasional newspaper blurb who think Trump is doing great, thank God they're finally cracking down on immigration, and look at the economy roar still!

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Yeah but you assume that the people are going to make the right choices to stop this. I am starting to think they wont. Trump's numbers arent trending down they are trending up. Americans have no problem torturing as long as there is something in it for them and that doesnt matter what side of the aisle they reside on.

As long as Trump can tout good economic and unemployment numbers he will be bulletproof on all the other crap. Even if Mueller finds everything we know to be true the only ones who care are the people on the Left and they cant be bothered to vote half the time.
                  Yep, this is what I'm seeing too.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I still believe the Dumpy bloodthirsty reactionary sickness infects only about a third of the electorate.
                    A good question and really The Great Unknown in all of this. Of the 62M lemmings who voted Chump, is there a small breakaway faction who is now not only remorseful over that decision but who will now ditch the treasonous money laundering cult in the upcoming election?

The evidence is mixed so far. Clearly there weren't enough Dems in Alabama to put Doug Jones in the Senate. However, Roy Moore only lost that race by 20K votes even though the dude was creeping on underage women at best, and was a certified child molester at worst. Not that either of these tends to bother Republicans (see Hastert, Dennis) but some Gooper voters did the right thing. Same thing in AZ where that special election was way closer than expected even though the district is all old white retirees.

On the other hand, in the first special election of this cycle (Ossoff) Goopers stayed with the party, and in the PA special that Connor Lamb won its entirely possible he just got old timey Dems to come out while hapless GOP candidate kept turnout low.

This is an important question. Base motivation can get the Dems a narrow House majority merely by picking off Hillary won districts as well as a few other close ones. If 5% of the GOP base is calling it quits that opens up a lot more House and Senate possibilities (more retaining existing seats for the latter).
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

In the unlikely circumstance where that idiotic wall is ever built, it should be branded "TRUMP" and adding his portrait with it. Only it should be only on our side of the wall, so that his shame is there as the visual effigy for all to see once the madness of today's trends abates.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

This is the type of ridiculousness that is going to destroy the Democrats in 2020. If they talk about that only immoral people vote Republican it will go over about as well as when Clinton called them all Deplorables. Not to mention I know plenty of Republicans who arent as you say at all.

Demonizing them isnt going to work...it never works because they will still vote. All it does is paint the Left in a bad light. And until the Left has any semblance of loyalty or strength they will lose to the Republicans more than they win.

And Trump's numbers are in the 40's...so either his "thug base" grew from a year ago or he is actually bringing back the people who abandoned him. Either way it doesnt matter if he can get to about 46% approval the Dems are screwed. They dont have anyone who can motivate them to vote and just being #NotTrump isnt going to do it.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 06-18-2018, 08:48 AM.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Sadly, I'm still seeing people (generally older white folk) who aren't as connected to the internet getting their news via conservative radio or TV and the occasional newspaper blurb who think Trump is doing great, thank God they're finally cracking down on immigration, and look at the economy roar still!
                          I know that this is true -- I see it at work where the steady diet on the break room TV is Fox News. They honestly come to me and ask me if I'm ready to admit I was wrong, yet. When I tell them what's happening is exactly what I thought would, and that's it's complete ineptitude and criminality, they literally have no other point of reference for what I am saying, so to them I am crazy.

But these people have all voted straight ticket Republican since Roger Ailes took their brains, so they are a given. No solid Dump voter was ever going to think again. But some "whatever it is, I'm against it" voters will reject the GOP in 2018 and him in 2020 because they are the incumbent. You can see the RNC thinks this too which is why they constantly act as if they are still a Red Dawn insurgency -- that's part of the Teen Beat juvenile psychology of the Republican base.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            It's amazing that the Republicans have a clean sweep and control all the majority, yet they continue to act and speak like a minority party. And the deplorables continue to eat it up because these people "represent them!"

It's embarrassing to witness how many people are delusional that Trump can save them, and I've seen it first hand in the two locations I've been at for work in the last two years. These country towns are filled with people who think the self proclaimed billionaire they saw on TV, who surrounds himself with opulence, is representative of their struggling lifestyle.

Worse, are people who think he's "fighting the globalists," when in reality, he's isolating the US so he can spread his brand globally!
                            These people think his brand means something...and by some weird transitive property that means America means something. The problem is America is like his brand in all the wrong ways. We are frauds that are overextended, impotent and under-educated. We dont have the value we pretend to have. We do love our slogans though!!

Seriously...how pathetically flaccid must you be to pick a fight with friggin Canada
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

If they can double down on imprisoning kids and not lose any votes I don't see how they can be eliminated enough to make a difference. Remember, they pulled off the Supreme Court gambit without the President and without a filibuster proof majority.

And the Dems abandoned the polls and watched it happen.

I'd say 2018 is a 50/50 toss up.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                A good question and really The Great Unknown in all of this. Of the 62M lemmings who voted Chump, is there a small breakaway faction who is now not only remorseful over that decision but who will now ditch the treasonous money laundering cult in the upcoming election?

The evidence is mixed so far. Clearly there weren't enough Dems in Alabama to put Doug Jones in the Senate. However, Roy Moore only lost that race by 20K votes even though the dude was creeping on underage women at best, and was a certified child molester at worst. Not that either of these tends to bother Republicans (see Hastert, Dennis) but some Gooper voters did the right thing. Same thing in AZ where that special election was way closer than expected even though the district is all old white retirees.

On the other hand, in the first special election of this cycle (Ossoff) Goopers stayed with the party, and in the PA special that Connor Lamb won its entirely possible he just got old timey Dems to come out while hapless GOP candidate kept turnout low.

This is an important question. Base motivation can get the Dems a narrow House majority merely by picking off Hillary won districts as well as a few other close ones. If 5% of the GOP base is calling it quits that opens up a lot more House and Senate possibilities (more retaining existing seats for the latter).
                                Well, put it this way: it's not as if anybody who didn't vote for Dump is now thinking "dude's doing a great job, I'll switch to him." I doubt many if any actual Dumpies will switch from him. Some of the Professional Anti-Establishment people -- the ones who were able to actually go from Bernie to Dump without dissonance -- have repented when they've seen that Dumpy is in fact the consummate establishment puppet, doing nothing but funneling money to his rich friends.

But the real movement should (will) be people who were unmotivated before or were making the perfect the enemy of the good and voted third party, who will now unite to scour the GOP filth out. That's where the real movement seems to be coming in all these special elections where we are swinging 15 points to the good.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X