No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I keep a list of names of people who reply "unsubscribe" to these just in case I become CEO.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Also, IT is the one screwing that up. They need to BCC that.
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Also, IT is the one screwing that up.
        Yep, that was what caught my attention.

But I love it when that stuff happens, I can't help it. I love it when the Security guy giving the OPSEC briefing in the SCIF has his cell phone go off (actually saw this happen).

We've all done something on par with that. "Everybody plays the fool, sometimes." The only reason we can stand each other is that, at bottom, we know we are all trying our best and that we are all idiots.
        Last edited by Kepler; 09-14-2021, 01:07 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          Roommates.

I've found my makeup missing, perfume missing, food missing, and more. Last night, I was woken up by someone screaming. Asking nicely to stop does nothing.
          In a way, I've never been so grateful to lose housing.

City code inspector came through and discovered the property was unsafe, and the landlord did nothing to fix it. I have until the 23rd.

But coming home today and finding out the toxic sentient humanoid prototypes who also live here helped themselves to my expensive ice cream and more of my food...

C.Y.B.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Our IT fills our inboxes with all this stupid stuff about preventing phishing, etc. Once in awhile OK. They send out little trick emails that we have to report. We also get multiple emails no University should be sending. Insipid, infantile modules that are aimed at 3rd graders with multiple click the box, cartoony stuff= no. I get very little email when I am not teaching. When more than half my emails were reminders to do something I had no intention of opening I finally figured out to label it as spam. They do not pay me enough to engage in the time suck aimed at the elementary schoolers. A short doc that would be less than a paragraph would tell me the same thing.

Comment

• People making a ****ing big deal out of random White Woman going missing.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• There's a number that calls a bunch of times per day. Leaves no message. No one on the other end.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• You can block them
                  Code:

Comment

• Moved into another residence and I saw a few cockroaches in the basement.

Not sure how they got here, but I am dreading having that conversation. B

Comment

• I miss MySpace. No ads, no influencers, no politics, no clout chasing.

Just vibes, creativity, coding, picking the right song, and making sure your top 8 was on point.

Comment

• If you are riding a bike and wearing headphones or Airpods, just stop. It's a good way to get plowed into.

And I can tell avid cyclists apart from idiots.

Comment

• Google is requiring 2-factor authorization for Gmail starting in a week.

Are they also going to provide free tech support to my elderly parents when they can't figure it out every time they have to re enter their passwords?

And yes, I realize my parents probably need this protection more than I do since they're more likely to click on random links and enter their passwords than the average person, but my familial tech support duties likely just doubled because of this.

Comment

• Paid for a parking space downtown Grand Rapids. Right after I walked into the lobby of where I was going, a cop gave me a parking ticket.

Comment

• so did someone reboot the server finally?
                              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                so did someone reboot the server finally?
                                The website is down!
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X