This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    When you write a reasoned response to someone's inflammatory post about Harris' ethnicity telling me they were quoting a radical left wing site CNN and how she identified herself and FB labels it harassing and bullying. This is what I wrote-

@[100000390270928:2048:Mark Anderson] First off I don't read stuff from 'radical left-wing' or 'radical right-wing sites'. I prefer facts and balanced reporting. I also think focusing on silly things like this are not important. I am old enough to have seen people refer to themselves by any number of names to describe being not white so deciding someone referred to them self as what you deem is incorrect for them is meh. If this is the only thing you don't like about her then I am not sure what to say. I prefer to think about real issues- like what she has done or not done about the issues I care about. I know it is out of vogue and really 'radical' to look at actual issues but that is how I decide what I want.

How is this bullying or harassing other than saying thinking is a good idea?
    People on the right are easily triggered snowflakes, lol...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• encouraging thought is a really scary idea

Comment

• When you have been teaching at a school for 5 years, basically can and have covered every class in the department, get another advanced degree to meet a qualifications so you can cover even more classes and help your status more, have a fellow tenured teacher write you a recommendation...and you still get passed over for a less qualified candidate.

The best part...the teacher who wrote me the recommendation is the one that screwed me. She got her friend the job. So now I'm stuck in adjunct limbo with enrollment down. I'm gonna lose credits which means I get way less pay. My days there are numbered...looks like I'm job hunting thank God the economy is in great shape.

I could be in for a world of hurt...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          When you have been teaching at a school for 5 years, basically can and have covered every class in the department, get another advanced degree to meet a qualifications so you can cover even more classes and help your status more, have a fellow tenured teacher write you a recommendation...and you still get passed over for a less qualified candidate.

The best part...the teacher who wrote me the recommendation is the one that screwed me. She got her friend the job. So now I'm stuck in adjunct limbo with enrollment down. I'm gonna lose credits which means I get way less pay. My days there are numbered...looks like I'm job hunting thank God the economy is in great shape.

they are letting a lot of people go at mr les school. All his staff but 2

Comment

When you have been teaching at a school for 5 years, basically can and have covered every class in the department, get another advanced degree to meet a qualifications so you can cover even more classes and help your status more, have a fellow tenured teacher write you a recommendation...and you still get passed over for a less qualified candidate.

Having had to do the job search thing within the past year, it's something that I don't wish upon anyone... It's one of the most frustrating things to do in our current society... You feel like a trained hamster that has to just keep jumping through the same obstacle course for a piece of food at the end...

Hopefully you can get things worked out soon....
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Ordered a 3/8 x 1/2 (nom) compression x compression, straight, quarter turn ball valve

Menards via curbside gave me a
              5/8” x 3/8”, pex by comp, angle, multi-turn gate valve.

I guess they're both chrome finish... roll eyes
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Wait - the whole "soy boy" thing is actually a thing? I can't even...

Comment

It's probably outside the scope of what you're looking for, but private schools - parochial, Catholic, Church of Satan, etc., are hiring in droves. Many teachers are quitting due to COVID-19 concerns or leaving for more lucrative positions. You might want to look there. My wife is the admin for guy who's head of the lower and middle schools at a private school near our house, and I'm hearing about teachers needing to be replaced left and right. All a week or two before the start of term.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• The disciplinary process at my paid job:

On 8/7, I drove clear to Grand Rapids for a session, only to be told there was no session. 10 minutes later, I was informed I was removed from that case and would be getting a verbal warning.
                    Verbal warning paperwork doesn't come until 8/13. I sign it and send it back, thinking I'm done and I can move on.
                    I was not done. The following Tuesday, I receive word I need to retake recipient rights and that corporate would let me know.
                    I don't hear from corporate until the following Friday (8/21) and told I have until 8/24 to finish. Sunday, I complete the course. I'm looking at my supervisor wondering if we're done or if I need to do anything else.

I'm upset because I feel the disciplinary process should be as fast as possible and those giving the discipline should be as up front about it as possible, not this "and another thing."
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• It seems work is a common thread in the recent posts. I'll add on:

The more time I spend thinking about the position I applied for the angrier I get. My boss got a promotion, so they are looking to backfill her position. I'm super qualified for it, and mentioned my interest to HR the moment we found out the boss got promoted, and have mentioned it to HR and the manager for that position. I even trotted out some stupid certification as evidence of how qualified I am.

They posted the position 3 weeks ago, I was told to apply for it. I did. I had an interview for it today. Now I'm in this angry position wondering why didn't they just promote me and save everyone time so we could start backfilling my position. I'm already doing most of the job in addition to my current job in the absence of my manager. Why didn't my manager have to interview for her new position? Why wasn't that one posted? I would have applied for that and been qualified for that one too.

If I get the job, great, why did they make me go through hoops and how long until my department is staffed correctly? If I don't get the job, how long do I stay with a company that claims to promote career development but doesn't give me the opportunity?
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• I'm looking for a job in policy, advocacy, and trauma, because that's where my heart is. However, a lot of the social work employers in this area are basically conservative Christian organizations, so a trans lesbian like me wouldn't be welcome there. One organization wants their employees to abide by their statement of faith.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          It seems work is a common thread in the recent posts. I'll add on:

The more time I spend thinking about the position I applied for the angrier I get. My boss got a promotion, so they are looking to backfill her position. I'm super qualified for it, and mentioned my interest to HR the moment we found out the boss got promoted, and have mentioned it to HR and the manager for that position. I even trotted out some stupid certification as evidence of how qualified I am.

They posted the position 3 weeks ago, I was told to apply for it. I did. I had an interview for it today. Now I'm in this angry position wondering why didn't they just promote me and save everyone time so we could start backfilling my position. I'm already doing most of the job in addition to my current job in the absence of my manager. Why didn't my manager have to interview for her new position? Why wasn't that one posted? I would have applied for that and been qualified for that one too.

If I get the job, great, why did they make me go through hoops and how long until my department is staffed correctly? If I don't get the job, how long do I stay with a company that claims to promote career development but doesn't give me the opportunity?
                          In most larger organizations, there is a break point in the hierarchy where the normal application process doesn't apply because everyone at or above that level is considered senior management and can be directly hired/appointed. Below that, HR has to follow the normal process to dot their Is and cross their Ts to avoid various potential lawsuits.

That said, I've been there before several times. I normally give the employer one free bite. You tell me to apply then pick someone else? Ok, shiat happens, maybe you actually got a more qualified candidate. Do it to me twice? I'm out as soon as reasonably possible.

Don't feel like you owe any loyalty to an employer that shows none back. This isn't the 1950s, few if any employees will work for the same place for an entire career. If they're going to lay you off the next recession, don't feel bad about jumping ship when conditions are favorable ot you.
                          Last edited by unofan; 08-28-2020, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Yeah the school I work at lost all of my loyalty by picking some over me again. I will work there until I find something better. Thankfully they gave me enough credits to make the a possible option but it wont last.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

In most larger organizations, there is a break point in the hierarchy where the normal application process doesn't apply because everyone at or above that level is considered senior management and can be directly hired/appointed. Below that, HR has to follow the normal process to dot their Is and cross their Ts to avoid various potential lawsuits.

That said, I've been there before several times. I normally give the employer one free bite. You tell me to apply then pick someone else? Ok, shiat happens, maybe you actually got a more qualified candidate. Do it to me twice? I'm out as soon as reasonably possible.

Don't feel like you owe any loyalty to an employer that shows none back. This isn't the 1950s, few if any employees will work for the same place for an entire career. If they're going to lay you off the next recession, don't feel bad about jumping ship when conditions are favorable ot you.
                              Had that happen recently. I applied for a position I was asked to apply by my boss. But I can stalk calendars with the best of them and found out the other candidates. One was so impeccably qualified I didn’t even take the interview as seriously as I normally would have.

I joked to my boss (who was one of the five interviewers) after and said, “I’m not sure I stood a chance.” He laughed and agreed. He said I was the next choice. But I wasn’t even upset because you never know who’s going to apply. And the person who got it had every box checked. It sucks but I can’t be mad.

I did just apply and interview for another job in management. I like my chances. I applied and the dept mgr called me the next day. I have a good working relationship with her so I knew I wasn’t going to be bullsh-tted. She asked why I was applying and what I had to offer. I answered and she said they had 15 applicants already. I got an interview spot 15 minutes later. Had a great officially interview/overview with her and a spectacular interview with the other managers in the dept. At the end I was just pure adrenaline. I hadn’t felt like that since the first date with my wife.

i did find out some of the other applicants and they’re all very good candidates. Crossing my fingers. Ditto for you ND. Hope you get it.
                              Code:
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I learned four things yesterday:

1. You’re not supposed to put aluminum in the dishwasher
                                2. Apparently my old dishwasher was magic
                                3. Costco’s KS dishwasher detergent pacs aren’t my favorite
                                4. Quantum Powerball are better
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X