Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Ever been involved with a group of people and you understand a situation while everyone else struggles to grasp the basics of what's happening? I went through that today at work with some changes coming through our payroll system...

Basically our site has been using a Monday-Sunday payroll system while the rest of the company used a Sunday-Saturday system. Our site will be updating to be consistent with the rest of the company. We were informed of the change today. Because of this, when the change happens, we will have two paychecks affected. Because my shift works four 10 hour days (Sat-Tue) we will have one pay period be 13 days while the next will be 15 days. Our checks will be 30 hours and 50 hours instead of 40 & 40.

All day everyone was *****ing and moaning about this. They felt that somehow they were getting "screwed". It was like the boss walked into their living room and kicked their puppy and slapped their toddler... No one seemed to grasp that they would receive the same pay, albeit offset by a paycheck...
    This might be an ignorant question but do they lose money out of the check for taxes. mr les has biweekly checks and with some of them they end up more in the gross but we end up with less in the actual $$ d/t taxes

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

This might be an ignorant question but do they lose money out of the check for taxes. mr les has biweekly checks and with some of them they end up more in the gross but we end up with less in the actual $$ d/t taxes
      As far as I can tell, no. Taxes removed are a straight percentage.
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• I can see someone getting upset with it since the 30 hr week is first. If they live paycheck to paycheck, that can cause somewhat of a financial strain for a couple weeks.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• People who wear headphones while riding their bikes. Way to not pay attention...
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            People who wear headphones while riding their bikes. Way to not pay attention...
            People do this on the ski slopes in the last decade, too. Pretty annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

People do this on the ski slopes in the last decade, too. Pretty annoying.
              The last decade? It's been a problem for the past 20 years... When I was putting up 90+ days on the slopes in the early 2000s I couldn't count the times I would yell "ON YOUR LEFT/RIGHT" to pass someone and they wouldn't respond. I'd then get approached by the huffy person downhill and the first thing they would do after catching up is take out their headphones... And it wasn't always some kid in his teens/20s....
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• I bought a dress, and the first time I wore it, I struggled getting it on and off. Today, I am wearing the same thing, and when I looked in the mirror today, I noticed this dress has a zipper on the side. I'm like for my 3.78, that's not very bright...
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• I woke up to find $6400 in my CashApp account from the State of Arizona. What the actual hell? That's not legitimate at all. I'm trying to find how to dispute a deposit and finding nothing.

Comment

• Don't touch it (for now). From what I've tried to read, there isn't any way for CashApp to reverse the credit to you (since it's treated like cash). But, the State of Arizona (whatever department did that) will likely seek out how to reverse that.

Without knowing what specific office authorized the advance (because thats awfully weird that a governement agency would be so open to using an app like that) its going to be hard to figure out where it really belongs.

What you might be able to do is talk to a bank manager (not the tellers) of your local bank. They might be able to give you some guidance.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• That's pretty much what I've decided to do. Leave it alone until someone comes looking for it.

Comment

• My field liason for my internship.

FL: We need to do a site visit!
                        Me: I'm there Tuesday and Friday.
                        FL: Can you do Wednesday?
                        FL: Can you do Monday?

Comment

• OK so Thursday.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            OK so Thursday.
                            Pretty much. Also, she doesn't respond to emails at all.

Comment

• One thing that grinds my gears about my paid position: lack of communication isn't a bug, it's a feature. Yesterday, I drove clear to Grand Rapids for a session, only to find out there was no session, and 10 minutes later, I found out I had been removed from this case while sitting in the Target parking lot. I'm like "you could have told me while I was in my PJs..."

Comment

• When you write a reasoned response to someone's inflammatory post about Harris' ethnicity telling me they were quoting a radical left wing site CNN and how she identified herself and FB labels it harassing and bullying. This is what I wrote-

@[100000390270928:2048:Mark Anderson] First off I don't read stuff from 'radical left-wing' or 'radical right-wing sites'. I prefer facts and balanced reporting. I also think focusing on silly things like this are not important. I am old enough to have seen people refer to themselves by any number of names to describe being not white so deciding someone referred to them self as what you deem is incorrect for them is meh. If this is the only thing you don't like about her then I am not sure what to say. I prefer to think about real issues- like what she has done or not done about the issues I care about. I know it is out of vogue and really 'radical' to look at actual issues but that is how I decide what I want.

How is this bullying or harassing other than saying thinking is a good idea?

Comment

Working...
                                X