X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    I think automatically keeping minimum wage at pace with inflation is literally the bare minimum we should do. It'd ease the concerns of you and your ilk because you'd never see the massive one-time jump that shocks your conscious. Instead, it would just gradually increase over time.
    Such logic is not allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
      Just give them more training and a higher salary, right?
      Yes. Train them to be qualified for the job, the ones not qualified are weeded out, and then the qualified get the benefits of doing the job correctly. See how that works? And yes, I see what you did there.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Finding out I need 5 references for an internship on short notice. Not all personal.

After the whole Chaplain fiasco at Tyson last year...
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• I work with autistic kids, and our work is kept on an iPad. Today, IT did something and wiped out the session I saved earlier, as well as the work I had done with my afternoon kiddo.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Refreshing ? to see something other than the 2 most popular grinders.
            Those 2 guys Are way too popular to not have a lot of STDs.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Yesterday, my supervising clinician called me a "gentleman," loud enough for me to hear. When I said "you called me a gentleman. Excuse me, my pronouns are she/her/hers," she denied it. When I told her I heard it, she offered a weak "well, it wasn't malicious." On my way home, I get a text saying "I'm sorry for my misuse of language." I sent something back saying "I'm a trans woman. Language like that hurts. I thought I was welcomed and included here." This morning, I get "of course you are welcome."

But that's not the end of it. Today, I sent another text, saying "yesterday, you did X. By doing X, I felt you undermined me." I get a text back, essentially saying "I'm the supervisor. If you need to know how to do your job, ask."

I'm finding who to complain to, because if she's going to respond "I'm the supervisor" every time I say "I felt you did something wrong", on top of calling me a man... we're gonna have issues!

Comment

• A**hats who launch loud percussive fireworks at random times without regard for their neighbors or pets.

My three dogs (two adopted, third is a foster) are pacing, scared, and clawing at furniture to get away from the noise.

Who in the actual fu** decides 9:30 on a Sunday night is a good time to unload their box of fireworks? Or 1130pm on a Thursday? Or from 7pm to 8pm on a Saturday (while its still daylight?!?!)

Side note: neighbors who have lived in the neighborhood suspect it's the sheriff deputy a cul-de-sac over. If it is him, he's pretty high ranking and is the explosive ordinance disposal tech for the county. No fighting city hall in reporting him.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  A**hats who launch loud percussive fireworks at random times without regard for their neighbors or pets.

My three dogs (two adopted, third is a foster) are pacing, scared, and clawing at furniture to get away from the noise.

Who in the actual fu** decides 9:30 on a Sunday night is a good time to unload their box of fireworks? Or 1130pm on a Thursday? Or from 7pm to 8pm on a Saturday (while its still daylight?!?!)

Side note: neighbors who have lived in the neighborhood suspect it's the sheriff deputy a cul-de-sac over. If it is him, he's pretty high ranking and is the explosive ordinance disposal tech for the county. No fighting city hall in reporting him.
                  We have some person doing this randomly during the day and like clockwork around 12:30-1AM every night.

Comment

• When I get excited because 30 minutes into the workday the coworker isn't here and I think I'll be able to get a lot done. Then she shows up. Now for the first 45 minutes she's been here, she has not done any work, she has been chatting with another coworker.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• One of my instructors uses "outreach" as a verb. "Outreach to me." It's annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        One of my instructors uses "outreach" as a verb. "Outreach to me." It's annoying.
                        Probably trying to avoid saying "touch base" or "circle back" or "vet it with me". ;-)

Comment

• It feels like 60% of my Youtube ads are for ball-shaving, and the other 40% are for The Epoch Times, which is the newspaper equivalent of ball-shaving.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            It feels like 60% of my Youtube ads are for ball-shaving, and the other 40% are for The Epoch Times, which is the newspaper equivalent of ball-shaving.
                            First off, what are you watching to get those ads.

Secondly, I still think I'd take those over the non-stop Joni Ernst ads I'm getting (or more accurately, anti- Greenfield ads, but they're sponsored by the national GOP).

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

First off, what are you watching to get those ads.
                              Mainly a week-by-week WWI documentary. I guess their analysis says history buffs really want that hidden inch.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Ever been involved with a group of people and you understand a situation while everyone else struggles to grasp the basics of what's happening? I went through that today at work with some changes coming through our payroll system...

Basically our site has been using a Monday-Sunday payroll system while the rest of the company used a Sunday-Saturday system. Our site will be updating to be consistent with the rest of the company. We were informed of the change today. Because of this, when the change happens, we will have two paychecks affected. Because my shift works four 10 hour days (Sat-Tue) we will have one pay period be 13 days while the next will be 15 days. Our checks will be 30 hours and 50 hours instead of 40 & 40.

All day everyone was *****ing and moaning about this. They felt that somehow they were getting "screwed". It was like the boss walked into their living room and kicked their puppy and slapped their toddler... No one seemed to grasp that they would receive the same pay, albeit offset by a paycheck...
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X