No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whenever I overthink something and hurt my own feelings.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• For the most part, I love VRBO and AirBNB. With a few select exceptions, they are my first look when it comes to lodging.

But as with most things, stupid/lazy people get involved and it goes to ****. More than once I've requested a booking, only to be told that the property is "unavailable" for the requested dates. Each time its because the property has been rented out via a different site than what I use (I'll request through VRBO, but the property was rented through HomeAway and the owner never removed the VRBO listing for example) and the owner never updated the availability on other platforms. I really wish there was a way to leave a review regarding this. It would go a long way in showing which owners have their crap together vs those that are running a Gong Show.
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Not sure what I'm missing, but you can leave detailed reviews by property on airbnb at the very least and would be surprised if you couldn't with the others.

[edit] now that I look this is the same for vrbo.

Perhaps you meant a shared review that sticks with the property which yeah out of luck. You'd have to do it separately at each site.
        Last edited by Slap Shot; 06-29-2021, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Not sure what I'm missing, but you can leave detailed reviews by property on airbnb at the very least and would be surprised if you couldn't with the others.
          You can only review if you actually stayed at the property. So the owner being lazy and not keeping their availability tight and updated basically goes unmentioned. You can't say anything beforehand or without actually renting. So my experience goes unnoted to others.
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

You can only review if you actually stayed at the property. So the owner being lazy and not keeping their availability tight and updated basically goes unmentioned. You can't say anything beforehand or without actually renting. So my experience goes unnoted to others.
            Ah Roger - yes they makes sense and I agree.

Comment

• I'm not sure a public review process is needed, but there ought to be a way to report it to Airbnb/VRBO and owners with enough strikes should be disciplined by the platforms. Had this happen over the winter when I was trying to rent a ski condo and the first one I tried to book I was informed by the owner that he wasn't renting due to the pandemic and proceeded to go into a long, lecturey diatribe about COVID. Okay fine, you don't want to rent to anyone, then remove your listing man!

I suspect he left it up just so he could try to discourage people from coming at all.

Comment

• For some my reason my bookmarked link to USCHO isn't working, but if I search through google I can connect and I can't see a difference in the www address. Nothing major but weird at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  For some my reason my bookmarked link to USCHO isn't working, but if I search through google I can connect and I can't see a difference in the www address. Nothing major but weird at least.
                  If you use IE, there's a bug that just erases the actual link within the bookmark.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

If you use IE

Chrome and it's all good now.

Comment

If you use IE,
                      Thanks, I really needed a belly laugh.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If you use IE
                        I don't even think IE users use IE anymore. Even Brent didn't use IE...

Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Thanks, I really needed a belly laugh.
                          Some of our systems still require it.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Some of our systems still require it.
                            I knew they were dead when even my USG sponsor finally banhammered them.

My sponsor still used Lotus until a few years ago.

IE/Edge is the worst product I have ever used. And I've had Michelob.

Last edited by Kepler; 06-30-2021, 06:35 PM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Isn't Edge just an MS branded Chrome browser?

My company still uses IE because that's all apparently our web version of Deltek (for our timesheets) uses.

Then again, they also deployed two different versions of Firefox to all users and then blocked the ability to update them...
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Edge Chromium is quite nice actually.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X