This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Oh, and my favorite part. The ship weight the told me didn't match the bill of lading OR the actual ship weight. This was a massive ****-up.
    Did they use a dimensional weight?
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Not sure what that is honestly
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Not sure what that is honestly
        https://www.shipbob.com/blog/dimensi...ght-explained/
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• That has to be it. At least for the 8,000 lbs. but I’m thinking this is closer to 8k kg.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That has to be it. At least for the 8,000 lbs. but I’m thinking this is closer to 8k kg.
            If it’s something that’s huge and heavy then they absolutely used DIM weight.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Yeah, but here are my questions/comments:

1. Is that legal for DOT weight purposes?
              2. Comment: It shouldn’t be legal when you know the real weight.
              3. Comment: this is how people die. When you try to lift something with a PIV rated a the BOL and you nearly tip the PIV over.
              Code:

Comment

Yeah, but here are my questions/comments:

1. Is that legal for DOT weight purposes?
                2. Comment: It shouldn’t be legal when you know the real weight.
                3. Comment: this is how people die. When you try to lift something with a PIV rated a the BOL and you nearly tip the PIV over.
                AFAIK it’s only legal for chargeable weights/billing. We do DIM measurements for billing then get actual weights when we weigh it for going on the plane.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Ugh. I worked on a system for using the pressure in the landing gear cylinders of a C-130 to estimate its weight and CG in real time before flight. USAF was interested because of an incident in Afghanistan where someone *said* that the R-11 refueling truck they were loading on board was empty. The truck itself (40,000 lbs) is darn near the max payload capacity of a c-130 (42,000 lbs). The 6000 gallons of jet fuel on board added another 40,000 lbs. The pilot deserves a DFC just for getting that rig off the ground in the first place, but it would unfortunately have to be posthumous (along with his 4 crew) as the plane was completely uncontrollable in flight.
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Me. I grind my gears.

I wrote a reflection paper for one of my classes for school, and wrote that one of my instructors was a "total jerk." Didn't bother to proofread it before submission, didn't bother to take that part out and reword the sentence before uploading and clicking "submit." Now I'm subject to an intermediate level review.

I am, as Charlie Murphy says, "a habitual line stepper." I hear the Universe telling me "knock that **** off."
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• I don't know why I'm annoyed, honestly. I step out of retail for 3 years only to start at Meijer and find things have not changed at all. Today in my department, we fell behind, and as I'm trying to help the area get caught up, I get a call from a team lead saying we're behind and I need to move faster.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• One of my managers - in a preemptive attempt to avoid me finding out otherwise - let me know today that he's being boinking one of his subordinates the past 6 months, that co-workers found out about it and are going to expose it all to his wife and Human Resources. If he hadn't told me himself I might have done some things.

Comment

• PETA and their endless crusade to kill the Iditarod. They’ve been pressuring companies to drop sponsorships with threats of protests and boycotts (it came out today that Exxon was the latest to drop their sponsorship). I can understand the tactic and using it against the nazis but a f-ing sled dog race? **** you PETA.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• I have a friend of a relative who has run the race multiple times. The relationship they have with the dogs is...complicated. On one hand, they take care of them as if their lives depend on it (they do!). On the other hand, the breeding side of the business is much more like a livestock operation. Given that PETA doesn’t like the concept of pets, no matter how well cared for, makes it easy to see why they target the Iditarod.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Every time PETA gets mentioned, I think of their "pet or food" advertising campaign, and the universal response people give to it:

Right about .... there...

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Sadly this isn’t just dumping on some people for wearing fur, they’re killing a central piece of culture for an entire state. Alaska is already dying slowly as is, to lose something that is as iconic as Iditarod would be devastating.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X