Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

    Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Well... they did scoop some former notable ESPN scribes too.
    It's literally their entire schtick - scoop up people who wound up getting laid off elsewhere. If it weren't for venture capital (NOT subscriptions) pumping in millions it would be dead by now, its growth is unsustainable
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

    Comment


    • Re: NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

      Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
      It's literally their entire schtick - scoop up people who wound up getting laid off elsewhere. If it weren't for venture capital (NOT subscriptions) pumping in millions it would be dead by now, its growth is unsustainable
      The "Tesla" of sports publications?
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

      Comment


      • Re: NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

        Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        The "Tesla" of sports publications?
        Their namesearching Twitter presence and fanboys *do* remind me of Elon Musk's cult, so you might be onto something
        https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

        Frozen Four: '96, '09
        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

        /r/collegehockey moderator
        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

        Comment


        • Re: NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

          Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
          It's literally their entire schtick - scoop up people who wound up getting laid off elsewhere. If it weren't for venture capital (NOT subscriptions) pumping in millions it would be dead by now, its growth is unsustainable
          I hope that's wrong. Cause if the subscription model does not work then all journalism is dead.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

          Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

          Comment


          • Re: NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

            Yzerman stepped down as GM in Tampa Bay, per Bob McKenzie

            It’s believed Yzerman will fulfill the balance of his contract as a senior advisor in TB.
            ...and then booting Kenny Holland across the Detroit River
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


            Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              I hope that's wrong. Cause if the subscription model does not work then all journalism is dead.
              Agreed I joined when Russo went as well.
              AF 99

              M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

              Comment


              • Re: NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

                Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Yzerman stepped down as GM in Tampa Bay, per Bob McKenzie



                ...and then booting Kenny Holland across the Detroit River
                Woah!

                One of the better GM's in the league for sure, that's unexpected.

                Comment


                • Re: NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

                  Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Yzerman stepped down as GM in Tampa Bay, per Bob McKenzie



                  ...and then booting Kenny Holland across the Detroit River
                  Yzerman has a year left on his deal with Tampa. The Wings have two years until they can put Holland out to pasture, unless they buy him out next off-season, or he agrees to step aside into another role.

                  Comment


                  • Re: NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

                    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Yzerman has a year left on his deal with Tampa. The Wings have two years until they can put Holland out to pasture, unless they buy him out next off-season, or he agrees to step aside into another role.
                    https://twitter.com/JoeSmithTB/statu...73493212479488

                    Comment


                    • Re: NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

                      Not NHL, but thanks to TSN for dropping the geo-blocking so we can watch Humboldt and Nipawin in the first Broncos game of the season.

                      #HumboldtStrong
                      Last edited by SteveP; 09-12-2018, 09:03 PM.
                      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                        Not NHL, but thanks to TSN for dropping the geo-blocking so we can watch Humboldt and Nipawin in the first Broncos game of the season.

                        #HumboldtStrong
                        It's also being broadcast on NHL Network.



                        What I wouldn't do to have the ability to watch TSN in the US normally though.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                        Live Radio from 100.3

                        Comment


                        • Re: NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

                          Austin Watson suspended for all preseason and first 27 games of the season. Suspension comes from his domestic incident earlier this summer.

                          Ya know, Bettman gets a lot of (deserved) flack, but the other leagues could take note of having a heavy hand with regards to domestic matters.

                          Comment


                          • Re: NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

                            Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            It's also being broadcast on NHL Network.



                            What I wouldn't do to have the ability to watch TSN in the US normally though.
                            Didn't know NHL Net picked it up. Tried watching using the TSN app but couldn't get the video. Watching on my desktop.
                            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Yzerman has a year left on his deal with Tampa. The Wings have two years until they can put Holland out to pasture, unless they buy him out next off-season, or he agrees to step aside into another role.
                              Rumor is Holland wants the Seattle job. The earliest the vote will be is December, so entirely possible he just gets hired after the season and leaves voluntarily.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                              1966, 1986, 2007

                              Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                              Comment


                              • Re: NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

                                Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                Rumor is Holland wants the Seattle job. The earliest the vote will be is December, so entirely possible he just gets hired after the season and leaves voluntarily.
                                But would the future Seattle owners want him? Why not go after Yzerman instead?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X