Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    The wait on Tavares continues...

Biggest deal of the day is Statsny to VGK for 6.5/year for 3.
    Now that Russia/Spain is over, JT announces?.

Just announced Islanders are out of the running.

And this just in:
    @SiriusXMNHL: BREAKING: John Tavares has agreed to terms with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

7 years
    Last edited by joecct; 07-01-2018, 12:04 PM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Now that Russia/Spain is over, JT announces?.

Just announced Islanders are out of the running.

And this just in:
      @SiriusXMNHL: BREAKING: John Tavares has agreed to terms with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

7 years
      AAV is $11 M

Matthews, Tavares & Kadri down the middle. Josh Jooris will be a decent 4th line center.

Sorry to see Bozak and JVR go though. Polak too. Nylander will likely be traded and Marner signed to a long-term deal.

Last edited by SteveP; 07-01-2018, 12:28 PM.
      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Wings re-up Green for two years. *shrug*

They also get Vanek again. OK, sure.

Comment

Bernier for 3 years, which tells me they have no confidence in the farm system. Bleh.

Comment

With Tavares signing with the Leafs they are now the favorite to win the Cup at 6-1 odds.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
              With Tavares signing with the Leafs they are now the favorite to win the Cup at 6-1 odds.
              Ha! Not with that defense they won't.

Comment

Happy Rick DiPietro Day!
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Ha! Not with that defense they won't.
                  Nylander and a couple of Marlies to Nashville for PK?
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                    Nylander and a couple of Marlies to Nashville for PK?
                    Whoa. That would make the leafs arguably the most fun team in the league.
                    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Bernier for 3 years, which tells me they have no confidence in the farm system. Bleh.
                      Look at the goaltending in this farm system. Jared Coreau? Tom McCollum? Really? I wouldn't have confidence in the goaltending in Red Wing farm system either. The last two goaltenders they've drafted, developed, and kept in Detroit are Jimmy Howard and Chris Osgood. Don't bring me Petr Mrazek.
                      Last edited by Hammer; 07-01-2018, 10:56 PM.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Look at the goaltending in this farm system. Jared Coreau? Tom McCollum? Really? I wouldn't have confidence in the goaltending in Red Wing farm system either. The last two goaltenders they've drafted, developed, and kept in Detroit are Jimmy Howard and Chris Osgood. Don't bring me Petr Mrazek.
                        Coreau signs a one year deal with the Ducks. McCollum has been in and out of the Griffins/Detroit system for a decade. You, Fade, and I all know the Wings like their goaltenders well seasoned before promoting them, but that's more than well done, that's charcoal. The Wings know what they have with McCollum: a known constant for their farm club.

It's likely going to be Säteri and a Griffins signing for their goaltending. I can't see Rybar coming from overseas, and Fulcher looks like another year in Hamilton would be just fine for him.

The interesting thing to me is that this sets up Howard to be trade deadline bait.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

And Mrazek isn't coming back (yet) as he signed a deal with the Carolina Junior Red Wings... err... Hurricanes.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            I hate eNeMaU, and Coreau wasn't any worse than Bernier relative to price.

Comment

Jay Beagle to Vancouver, $3 million a year for 4 years.

Why can’t he play on a team I can stand?
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Former poster Bob McKenzie's chapter on John Tavares (uncle and nephew)
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X