Telemarketer scam du jour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Telemarketer scam du jour

Voicemail that my business loan from the Business Loan Center for 150k has been approved and the credit check for it will not affect my credit.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Mookie rarely answers those (especially now since it is ROAMING) but every once or so often he would and claim mookie couldn’t talk cause he was getting a smoothie, or if it was a dude say mookie was giving a smoothie, then ask if the dude likes to give them too. Then badger teleo warriors with “sure you do... you smoke big brown ones don’t you. Have to to relieve the stress of your stupid job calling people. You prolly imagine how big my pole is now, don’t you?”
      Get hung up on all the time.
      Can’t imagine why??
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Getting a lot of calls labeled from local businesses all of them to tell me they are calling from a credit card co. I never talk to them so I don't know what they would say. Kind of a give away when the caller ID says X dance studio but they are talking about credit.

Comment

Been getting calls from a number. They leave a message that's 6-7 seconds of silence.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            It doesn't matter what your number is, they can spoof it. Every US-based number can be a local number with the advent of cellular mobile phone, Flaggy. My 612 number isn't local to my home either, but it's still in-state and in-country.
            Yep. My personal cell phone with a 906 area code gets the "neighborhood scam" calls (and ****ed off callers "returning" my missed call) and so does my work phone with a 312 area code. Doesn't matter where.

You would think there would be a way to eliminate cell phone spoofing by making the carriers check the callers MDN and MIN numbers to ensure they're genuine. Knowing the big four (soon to be three), they would charge you a monthly fee to make your caller ID have that screening feature. Kinda like Verizon already does for their existing service (furrows brow in VZW's direction for charging $2.99 a month for plain old caller ID).
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Meh. Then just fire shoulder-launched missiles into the 1%er's houses.

Bound to hit one eventually.
              Hahahahahaha. This had me rolling.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Hahahahahaha. This had me rolling.
                Kepler fails to realize that once you start knocking off 1%'ers in volume, HE will become one
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Yep. My personal cell phone with a 906 area code gets the "neighborhood scam" calls (and ****ed off callers "returning" my missed call) and so does my work phone with a 312 area code. Doesn't matter where.

You would think there would be a way to eliminate cell phone spoofing by making the carriers check the callers MDN and MIN numbers to ensure they're genuine. Knowing the big four (soon to be three), they would charge you a monthly fee to make your caller ID have that screening feature. Kinda like Verizon already does for their existing service (furrows brow in VZW's direction for charging $2.99 a month for plain old caller ID).
                  Anytime a 218 number calls me, I know it's a scam. There is only one other person I know with one, and I have his number saved already.

My mom's cousin's husband used to get a ton of telemarketer calls when he owned his own business. He used to record himself screwing with them. My favorite was when a medical insurance company called and he pretended he had full blown AIDS, cancer, and was on dialysis.

They hung up pretty quick.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I just got the "power company gonna shut off your power!" scam call. (Power company ... if they only knew ... )

They said I needed to have a card to pay or lights out in an hour. Really gruff. Really scary sounding. < roll eyes >

So I told them I had a card to pay now. The number? "1900 634 5789". Name on the card? "Wilson Pickett".

They told me the card had to have more numbers. I said, "I have bad eyesight, let me get the other card ... "

" ... 86 75 309 ... name on the card is Jenny Thomas Tutone."

The line went dead. :-D
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                    X