This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Also, the last network TV shows I considered great were House and Lost. Since then it’s been hit or miss. Gotham with Jerome was awesome. But other seasons have been boring.

The problem with network tv is that they don’t do serials. Just boring episodic, ctrl+a, ctrl+c, ctrl+v.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Was Alcatraz network? That was intriguing until they went down the "criminal of the week" path and got cancelled.

Shows I am watching right now:
      Better Call Saul
      Mayans
      Jessica Jones
      Luke Cage (mainly to get his background, since he's in Jessica Jones a bit, and yes I know it's been cancelled; halfway through S2)
      Queen Of The South
      Narcos: Mexico

Pretty sure Mindhunter, Bad Blood, GLOW, and Dear White People will have future seasons. Dunno about Manhunt.

I think the last comedies I liked were Californication and The League (although the last 2 seasons of each pretty much sucked).
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Saw some of the latest of Leah Remini's A&E show on Scientology last week (because what the hell else does a guy on a work assignment in South Carolina do after dinner but watch this crap? ), and the stuff about what they have done to infiltrate the government and law enforcement of Clearwater, FL is mind-boggling to the point that if you didn't know Scientology was a gaslighting pseudoscience cult, you'd suspect the show was sensationalizing some of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Saw some of the latest of Leah Remini's A&E show on Scientology last week (because what the hell else does a guy on a work assignment in South Carolina do after dinner but watch this crap? ), and the stuff about what they have done to infiltrate the government and law enforcement of Clearwater, FL is mind-boggling to the point that if you didn't know Scientology was a gaslighting pseudoscience cult, you'd suspect the show was sensationalizing some of it.
          The whole series is crazy and worth watching.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

For better or worse shows I'll watch on the regular if they continue making new seasons:

Shark Tank
            60 Minutes
            Brockmire
            Atlanta
            Top Chef
            Berlin Station
            Westworld
            Mindhunter
            Fargo
            Narcos
            Homeland
            Gomorrah
            I'm Dying up Here
            Goliath
            GLOW
            AHS (although I've not watched every season)
            TD sans S2

Comment

Hey Kep, what do you and Dr. Mrs. think of this season of Crazy Ex GF? I know you were worried they were going to try and redeem Rebecca but so far they havent done that at all. Been very interesting so far though not the best season obviously.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Hey Kep, what do you and Dr. Mrs. think of this season of Crazy Ex GF? I know you were worried they were going to try and redeem Rebecca but so far they havent done that at all. Been very interesting so far though not the best season obviously.
                I'll ask She Who Must Be Obeyed. I lost the thread the prior season where she was trying to kill Josh, and as you said I hated the season finale. I also don't care about Paula so when they increased her portion of the show I lost interest. Pretty sure Dr. Mrs. still likes it, but it's not the Glorious You Must Watch This of S1.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  For better or worse shows I'll watch on the regular if they continue making new seasons:

Shark Tank
                  60 Minutes
                  Brockmire
                  Atlanta
                  Top Chef
                  Berlin Station
                  Westworld
                  Mindhunter
                  Fargo
                  Narcos
                  Homeland
                  Gomorrah
                  I'm Dying up Here
                  Goliath
                  GLOW
                  AHS (although I've not watched every season)
                  TD sans S2
                  Based on this list I recommend Counterpart and Killing Eve.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I'll ask She Who Must Be Obeyed. I lost the thread the prior season where she was trying to kill Josh, and as you said I hated the season finale. I also don't care about Paula so when they increased her portion of the show I lost interest. Pretty sure Dr. Mrs. still likes it, but it's not the Glorious You Must Watch This of S1.
                    Paula is barely on this season...just saying

If it makes you feel better Rebecca is not being redeemed. She is not the hero. They pretend she is getting better then beat you over the head with the fact that she is still selfish and kinda awful.
                    Last edited by Handyman; 01-27-2019, 12:02 PM.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

If it makes you feel better Rebecca is not being redeemed. She is not the hero. They pretend she is getting better then beat you over the head with the fact that she is still selfish and kinda awful.
                      That is good. I like how horrible Rebecca is. The show is an experiment in making a central character beyond redemption and then exposing the shallowness and unreality of all the tropes of how character arcs in fiction always bring those characters back to The Good. Mrs. Maisel is doing the same thing but at a much more subtle level -- enough so that the audience hasn't figured it out, yet, nor, I suspect, the lead actress. Both of them are extremely subversive to the generic programming of TV of the past 50 years.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I prefer Nathaniel story lines over Greg.

Comment

Dr. Mrs. says she still likes it very much quote even as much as S1 unquote.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                          X