This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Thread for Travel: Trips/Advice/Ideas

OK, this is (hopefully) the last question I have about passport minutia: for my wife's renewal application, in the name change infromation section, we're asked for "place of name change". Is this the location where the wedding took place, or the municipality that issued the marriage certificate? I guess it probably doesn't matter since we're submitting the marriage certificate along with the passport application and this provides both locations, but I may as well get it right on the form too.
    Cornell University Men's Hockey
    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Got the honeymoon booked last night. We decided on going late in 2014, when Delta will still be flying into St. Kitts, instead of trying to deal with changing airlines on another island both directions. We're going right after Thanksgiving. Used miles for the flight, so we should be able to get this done at a fairly reasonable price.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Got the honeymoon booked last night. We decided on going late in 2014, when Delta will still be flying into St. Kitts, instead of trying to deal with changing airlines on another island both directions. We're going right after Thanksgiving. Used miles for the flight, so we should be able to get this done at a fairly reasonable price.
        Congrats! It's a fairly obvious statement, but you'll have an awesome time.
        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

'And I'm leaving; on a jet plane...'
          Leaving on Saturday, 3 legs, for Athens (the one in Greece) with my wife and Dad/brothers/their wives/their kids. Should be a really fun trip. Dad (93) wants to see the places where the Apostle Paul travelled, and took all of us along. Weather seems to be pretty nice there right now.
          Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Going to Phoenix, AZ for 5 days in a week just to get warm for a little while. Any must see, must do recommendations?

Comment

Well, Belize is out and we've zeroed in on Turks & Caicos for our trip a year from now. 99% sure this is the destination and I'm pretty jacked right now. Probably make our reservations in the next day or two.

Great diving destination and the beaches look incredible. We're gonna stay at the Beaches resort coz this trip will include extended family. I'm not normally into the resort scene, but it works best for my family when we all get together.

There's like 18 restaurants or something crazy, several swim up bars, several pools, all the diving is included, kayaks, etc, etc, etc...

Over a year away.

-sigh-

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                'And I'm leaving; on a jet plane...'
                Leaving on Saturday, 3 legs, for Athens (the one in Greece) with my wife and Dad/brothers/their wives/their kids. Should be a really fun trip. Dad (93) wants to see the places where the Apostle Paul travelled, and took all of us along. Weather seems to be pretty nice there right now.
                I don't know what is involved in making the short hop to Izmir, Turkey from Athens, but the Ephesus ruins nearby are amazing. Paul did spend time in Ephesus, as did Mary.

At 93, you Dad must be quite a guy to do this.

Comment

I've heard fantastic things from friends who've traveled to Turks and Caicos.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                    I've heard fantastic things from friends who've traveled to Turks and Caicos.

It looks fan****ingtastic and I expect it to exceed the USVI.

Seriously. Cannot. Wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      Well, Belize is out and we've zeroed in on Turks & Caicos for our trip a year from now. 99% sure this is the destination and I'm pretty jacked right now. Probably make our reservations in the next day or two.

Great diving destination and the beaches look incredible. We're gonna stay at the Beaches resort coz this trip will include extended family. I'm not normally into the resort scene, but it works best for my family when we all get together.

There's like 18 restaurants or something crazy, several swim up bars, several pools, all the diving is included, kayaks, etc, etc, etc...

Over a year away.

-sigh-
                      There's a section of reef that comes right up to the beach. It's great snorkeling for beginners. We took a trip where I snorkeled for conch in 15-20' of water. We took the catch to an islet and the skipper made a conch salad. Delicious! If someone doesn't like thge water it's not a great place. There's no there, there.
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                        There's a section of reef that comes right up to the beach. It's great snorkeling for beginners. We took a trip where I snorkeled for conch in 15-20' of water. We took the catch to an islet and the skipper made a conch salad. Delicious! If someone doesn't like thge water it's not a great place. There's no there, there.

We're water people, so that's not a problem.

I can do land stuff here. Every frickin day.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmh View Post
                          They're many miles south of the Frozen Four and have much less college hockey.
                          however they do have an outdoor ice hockey rink.
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Anyone have suggestions on Ecuador? It looks like I'll be there for work for 4 days the 3rd week of April. Flying into Guayaquil, then drive to Salinas on the coast.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The search for a Caribbean locale to plant my arse for a week next year resumes.

Beaches at Turks and Caicos definitely out (after hearing from a friend who was there last week & reading more reviews) and Turks and Caicos most likely out too as reviews say that there's nothing to do there other than the beach/water. I believe another poster may have alluded to that too.

I've convinced our fellow travelers (Finally!) to rule out all-inclusives and just find a good locale. Thank God! Now there are limitless possibilities instead of about 8 choices in the entire Caribbean.

Now looking for an island that's preferably not flat and that has good scuba and snorkeling options. Also want the option of hiking (hence no flat islands) and possible zip-lining etc.

Definitely Out:
                              Jamaica (no reefs)
                              Dominican (cholera)
                              USVI (just went there)
                              Martinique (French)
                              Anguilla (flat and cool)
                              Grenada (no reefs)
                              Mexico (other family members have been there a few times and don't want to go back)

Possibilities:
                              BVI
                              Puerto Rico (probably not, but keeping options open)
                              Antigua
                              Caymans (been there already and a flat island(s), so doubtful)
                              St. Lucia
                              St. Kitts
                              Belize (This one's tough as one family member has medical conditions that make it hard to go there)
                              Monsteratt

Anyone been to any of my possibilities? Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                The search for a Caribbean locale to plant my arse for a week next year resumes.

Beaches at Turks and Caicos definitely out (after hearing from a friend who was there last week & reading more reviews) and Turks and Caicos most likely out too as reviews say that there's nothing to do there other than the beach/water. I believe another poster may have alluded to that too.

I've convinced our fellow travelers (Finally!) to rule out all-inclusives and just find a good locale. Thank God! Now there are limitless possibilities instead of about 8 choices in the entire Caribbean.

Now looking for an island that's preferably not flat and that has good scuba and snorkeling options. Also want the option of hiking (hence no flat islands) and possible zip-lining etc.

Definitely Out:
                                Jamaica (no reefs)
                                Dominican (cholera)
                                USVI (just went there)
                                Martinique (French)
                                Anguilla (flat and cool)
                                Grenada (no reefs)
                                Mexico (other family members have been there a few times and don't want to go back)

Possibilities:
                                BVI
                                Puerto Rico (probably not, but keeping options open)
                                Antigua
                                Caymans (been there already and a flat island(s), so doubtful)
                                St. Lucia
                                St. Kitts
                                Belize (This one's tough as one family member has medical conditions that make it hard to go there)
                                Monsteratt

Anyone been to any of my possibilities? Thoughts?
                                St. Martin/Maarten
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X