X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Thread for Travel: Trips/Advice/Ideas

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Can I bring my own food on the train or do I have to buy from the on-board cafeteria?
    Yeah, you can bring your own food and beverages on board, no one minds as long as you aren't either drunk or especially messy. You can even bring it to the cafe car and eat there. There are some decent places in Chicago Union Station too, if you forget or can't bring anything, and you will probably have enough time to buy a sandwich there.
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
      Yeah, you can bring your own food and beverages on board, no one minds as long as you aren't either drunk or especially messy. You can even bring it to the cafe car and eat there. There are some decent places in Chicago Union Station too, if you forget or can't bring anything, and you will probably have enough time to buy a sandwich there.
      Thank you; I plan on packing a couple extra sandwiches and water bottles so I can save some money. I'll plan more details the closer the trip.

And I do plan on going for a big sandwich and a beer or two after the race; hope to see some of you at the finish line.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Buy a Kindle.
        So much this.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Where should I go on my honeymoon?
          Cornell University Men's Hockey
          NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
          Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
            Somalia?

Comment

Home?

Comment

To see a divorce lawyer?
                Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Vladivostok. I hear it's nice this time of year.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Get CommAve a beer?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

I hear that the Harvard campus is gorgeous.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        I hear that the Harvard campus is gorgeous.
                        New Haven has GREAT pizza and a pretty gorgeous university too, can't remember the name of it though for the life of me

Comment

Why would you want to go anywhere? You live at the center of the Universe.

Comment

Inuvik
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Santorini!!! But - when are you getting married? Greece is awesome August/September.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Home?
                                I'll say this for home: it's a lot cheaper than traveling.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Vladivostok. I hear it's nice this time of year.
                                While there is a saying about Cornell fans traveling to Vladivostok, it's only intended to apply when there's actually a hockey game there to watch.
                                Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                New Haven has GREAT pizza and a pretty gorgeous university too, can't remember the name of it though for the life of me
                                They do indeed have great pizza (as well as the purported origin of the hamburger); it's often one of the highlights of a trip up to Connecticut to visit that university you mentioned.
                                Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                Why would you want to go anywhere? You live at the center of the Universe.
                                It gets noisy here! Nothing wrong with getting away every now and again.
                                Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Santorini!!! But - when are you getting married? Greece is awesome August/September.
                                We've actually considered Greece (my sister and brother-in-law went there for their honeymoon), but we're a bit nervous about the whole financial crisis thing. We're keeping a close eye on the Euro situation because it would be a lot more affordable of a destination if they stopped being tied to the Euro. We're looking at early June, not sure how the weather there is then.
                                Cornell University Men's Hockey
                                NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                                Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Working...
                                X