This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Thread for Travel: Trips/Advice/Ideas

If in Salt Lake City, do yourself a favor and stay in the Grand America hotel. It ain't cheap but it is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. The website doesn't do justice to the hotel, nor the views.
    I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Anyone familiar with northeast Texas? I'm going to a wedding near Dallas in late June and I've spent SOME time out there with family but I've never really done much traveling outside of the area. Looking for any scenic places within a few hours of dallas (actually waxahachie, where my cousin lives) that might be a good day trip for some good photo ops... any ideas?

Comment

Confirmed: headed to Vegas Sept. 5-10, staying at the Luxor.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
          Same with Jameson's - they moved the distillery out of Dublin a while back and all that's left is a museum. But, you get a couple of shots of Whiskey at the end!
          When I went, they asked for volunteers at the end of the tour, and I wish I had raised my hand. The 4 volunteers each got to sample various kinds of whiskey and each received a small bottle of their favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            Confirmed: headed to Vegas Sept. 5-10, staying at the Luxor.
            the elevators are weird - they go up at an angle.
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
              We're also checking out the Fantasy show while we're there.

As for my trip to Chicago this weekend, I'm packing my own snacks; why get ripped off by either Amtrak or the Hyatt? Hopefully there's a convenience or grocery store nearby so I can purchase some beverages...
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

And "go" time starts at 2am.

*, I wanna go back to Vegas with a pimproll.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I wanna go to Vegas! with or without a pimproll.

We are wandering the Four Corners for the next two weeks.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Going to New Orleans on Wednesday. Any suggestions? (besides "expect to pay more for seafood... unless you want it with a side of Quaker State")
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I wanna go to Vegas! with or without a pimproll.

We are wandering the Four Corners for the next two weeks.
                      My wife and I were up in that area a week ago, visiting the school she used to teach at. Have you checked out Canyon de Chelly? Pretty great scenery, not a lot of crowds to fight, and a cool hike down into the canyon if you like that type of thing.
                      Originally posted by Priceless
                      Good to see you're so reasonable.
                      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                      Very well, said.
                      Originally posted by Rover
                      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Going to New Orleans on Wednesday. Any suggestions? (besides "expect to pay more for seafood... unless you want it with a side of Quaker State")
                        Set aside a few hours for the GrayLine Hurricane Katrina Tour. I was skeptical at being a tourist for seeing such disaster sites, but I'm really glad I did it, as you can't really sense the scale of devastation until you've seen it with your own eyes....

http://www.graylineneworleans.com/katrina.shtml

Also, have dinner at one of the grand creole restaurants in the French Quarter that have defined the city for years- Galatoire's, Antoine's or Arnaud's. Great history and great food.

Comment

Aside from the delays, I could get used to train travel. Relatively smooth ride, no annoyances to speak of, and they really don't care if you bring your own snacks on board.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Commander's Palace, Mother's, Petunia's for breakfast, Laura's for pralines, beignets from street vendors...

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                            My wife and I were up in that area a week ago, visiting the school she used to teach at. Have you checked out Canyon de Chelly? Pretty great scenery, not a lot of crowds to fight, and a cool hike down into the canyon if you like that type of thing.
                            no, we have never been to Canyon de Chelly and its on the short list. also Bandelier and Canyon of the Ancients.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              Aside from the delays, I could get used to train travel. Relatively smooth ride, no annoyances to speak of, and they really don't care if you bring your own snacks on board.
                              Yup - I really enjoy it for that reason. If there were more than one departure in each direction from MSP daily, I'd take it more often. (It'd help if I could get to the UP by train, hah.)
                              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Speaking of MSP, other than going to Las Vegas in September and Detroit in October, I'm debating whether I want to come back to Chicago later this year or head on up to MN like I've wanted to do for the last 4 years. A straight train ride to MSP would cost $260; I'm thinking it would be cheaper to take the Lake Express to Milwaukee, then ride the train to MSP.

Comment

Working...
                                X