X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.29: Eggs and Tweet Storms for Breakfast

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I'm afraid. I'm hoping like hell that even a Trump Presidency can't destroy what the framers put in place. I'm hoping all the checks and balances ultimately prevail. It appears however that the party with all the power is 100% complicit in the destruction that is happening. Rex getting fired will be poo pooed even by Graham because "everyone loves Pompeo". No one bothered to remind themselves that Pompeo walks around with Trump's dick in his mouth.
    The narrative out of these people is always the person replacing the fired person is great and qualified and will bring needed maturity and experience to whatever their task is.

It isn't over yet. We have one or two elections to prove we're not quite ready for the scrap heap as a nation. We have elected what will be proved exponentially the worst president in our history (if we're still around in a generation to write histories) and we have left in place a check and balance that is actually worse. We can correct the latter in 8 months and the former in 32 months. If we don't we will have signed the death warrant for our country. Oh well, it isn't like we were going to last as long as the dinosaurs anyway. Humans are far too arrogant. My guess is as a species, we've already reached the cosmic sell-by date. I think we've lived far more than half our existence.

Comment

I'm afraid. I'm hoping like hell that even a Trump Presidency can't destroy what the framers put in place. I'm hoping all the checks and balances ultimately prevail. It appears however that the party with all the power is 100% complicit in the destruction that is happening. Rex getting fired will be poo pooed even by Graham because "everyone loves Pompeo". No one bothered to remind themselves that Pompeo walks around with Trump's dick in his mouth.
      We could survive a Dump, what is in question is can we survive a majority party sucking Dump off and "one third of our people killing another third while one third watch."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        As I've said a billion times, this is 1933 Germany, and joe and everyone else are the 'good Germans', not the brownshirts and the SS. People always say, why didn't anyone in Germany speak out and stop these atrocities before they happened?

Well, here we are. Time for the 'good Germans' to start speaking up. They ain't gonna listen to us Jews.
        Which goes to show all that you were right a year ago when you were suggesting this.

republican's have really corrupted themselves to gain the political upper hand, unless they are really that evil.

I don't really want to think that joe, sic, and drew are that evil, but the idea that they can just gloss over what is going on is astounding. All in the name of generally a single hot button item. Insane.

Comment

Well, at least Sexxy Rexxy wasn't sucking off Putin. Now Putin has the White House AND the Secretary of State.
          This is like a bad espionage movie...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I don't understand people's disconnect. It's being reported every day that conservatives, evangelicals, and republicans in general are thrilled with what Trump is accomplishing. This IS the Republican party. Who knew they loved Russia so much? I didn't. But, after the War in Iraq and Afghanistan we should have known.
            Which is why, as much as I like Richard Painter I dont trust he will go against the Party (Trump) if he wins Franken's seat. He will just be another Susan Collins...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Which is why, as much as I like Richard Painter I dont trust he will go against the Party (Trump) if he wins Franken's seat. He will just be another Susan Collins...
              I won't vote for him unless he goes full D.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It sounds like a close aide to Tillerson was fired for contradicting the White House's account of Tillerson's removal.

Wapo:
                WASHINGTON — Officials: White House fires top Tillerson aide who contradicted account of secretary of state’s dismissal.

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
                Edit: Don't waste your click on that link.

ETA2: This is a much better writeup: http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ount-of-ouster
                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 03-13-2018, 11:51 AM.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  As I've said a billion times, this is 1933 Germany, and joe and everyone else are the 'good Germans', not the brownshirts and the SS. People always say, why didn't anyone in Germany speak out and stop these atrocities before they happened?

Well, here we are. Time for the 'good Germans' to start speaking up. They ain't gonna listen to us Jews.
                  The only ones who will speak up are the ones who get screwed. (like the ones who lose benefits or never get the job they were promised) Just like the Germans didnt care until what was happening was also happening to them. No one cares if some Jews or Romanis or Cripples or Gays get thrown into work camps but the second a normal disappears on that train then the death camps (notice the distinction) must be stopped.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Good for him...but men of conscience are what this country needs now so bad for us.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      I agree, but Joe doesn't think so.
                      Remember, I'm in Maryland, as blue as blue can be in the DC counties and Baltimore City.

I intend to vote for
                      Hogan for Gov.
                      Franchot for Comptroller - he's sane.
                      !Frosh for AG. The incumbent is not.

Senator- probably R - let's see who's running first.
                      MD 8 - Probably R - ditto.

In state legislature I intend to vote R to prevent a veto proof legislature on the upcoming gerrymander.

In this election all politics is local.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Remember, I'm in Maryland, as blue as blue can be in the DC counties and Baltimore City.

I intend to vote for
                        Hogan for Gov.
                        Franchot for Comptroller - he's sane.
                        !Frosh for AG. The incumbent is not.

Senator- probably R - let's see who's running first.
                        MD 8 - Probably R - ditto.

In state legislature I intend to vote R to prevent a veto proof legislature on the upcoming gerrymander.

In this election all politics is local.
                        ANY vote for an R is an endorsement of what a dumpster fire YOUR party has become

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

I'm glad you know me so well. You're also blowing it out of both ends. Your vitriolic hate of tD clouds your judgment of all those who don't think like you. Please get a grip.

tD is not acting as previous presidents acted (since Andy J.???). This disturbs all who are used to a certain pace of things D and R.

Rest assured, if the disabled and mentally defective are eliminated and dissenters (see Woodrow Wilson and J. Adams) are tossed in jail for their beliefs, you will find me manning the battlements to defend the Constitution.

If you expect me to be there supporting you, personally - sorry. You're too prejudiced.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I'm glad you know me so well. You're also blowing it out of both ends. Your vitriolic hate of tD clouds your judgment of all those who don't think like you. Please get a grip.

tD is not acting as previous presidents acted (since Andy J.???). This disturbs all who are used to a certain pace of things D and R.

Rest assured, if the disabled and mentally defective are eliminated and dissenters (see Woodrow Wilson and J. Adams) are tossed in jail for their beliefs, you will find me manning the battlements to defend the Constitution.

If you expect me to be there supporting you, personally - sorry. You're too prejudiced.
                            Uh, huh.

WASHINGTON — As a clandestine officer at the Central Intelligence Agency in 2002, Gina Haspel oversaw the torture of two terrorism suspects and later took part in an order to destroy videotapes documenting their brutal interrogations at a secret prison in Thailand.

On Thursday, Ms. Haspel was named the deputy director of the C.I.A.
                            Let that soak in for a minute.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/u...imes&smtyp=cur
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

if you don't have a hatred of tD then you are a terrible human being

Comment

So, after a genocide you'll be ready to speak up? How noble of you...

Comment

Working...
                                X