Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Foreign Policy 2.0: Have you read Kipling, Mr. Tillerson?

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah...he needs to do something really bad like get a BJ while married. THAT needs to be stopped!

Your concern is noted though. (copyright Kepler)
    Here before Joe reminds you that it was the perjury about the extra-marital BJ that was the real issue, or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Here before Joe reminds you that it was the perjury about the extra-marital BJ that was the real issue, or something.
      Dump only lies via letter or twitter since he won’t testify. Brilliant

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Dump only lies via letter or twitter since he won’t testify. Brilliant
        If Bill had said yes we did instead of obfuscating the truth, what happens?

Outrage!!
        Condemnation!!!!
        Humiliation!!!
        Lord, I have sinned.

then nothing.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Outrage!!
          Condemnation!!!!
          Humiliation!!!
          Lord, I have sinned.

then nothing.
          I agree that it was stupid to lie about it. I disagree that it was an impeachable lie.

Comment

I agree that it was stupid to lie about it. I disagree that it was an impeachable lie.
            IT gave a bunch of republicans boners for a decade so there’s that

Comment

Agree with your statement. The Congre$$ could have voted their condemnation and possibly fined him (or cut his salary for the remainder of his term).

The trial was bad theater that blew up in the GOP faces. Even Bob Dole was relieved when it was all over.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                (or cut his salary for the remainder of his term).
                Why do you hate the Constitution?

Seriously, is there like a GOP version of the Constitution, just like Catholics have their own Bible, that is basically the second amendment and part of the 1st and that's it?
                Last edited by unofan; 08-16-2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Again, everything is impeachable. Impeachment is a purely political action, it has nothing to do with the merits. It is about power. joe is kidding himself that there was any objective reason to impeach Clinton other than "the Republicans thought it was a good political decision." That's all it was.

You can impeach a president for wearing the wrong color suit. If you get the votes, that's it. There is no standard other than that which Congress itself defines.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Why do you hate the Constitution?

Seriously, is there like a GOP version of the Constitution, just like Catholics have their own Bible, that is basically the second amendment and part of the 1st and that's it?
                    There was a caveat there (possibly). There was no way an impeachment conviction of Slick was possible. There has to be some way of punishing a president short of the political guillotine. Since Congre$$ controls the purse strings..

And your pathological hatred of all things GOP does not become you.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Again, everything is impeachable. Impeachment is a purely political action, it has nothing to do with the merits. It is about power. joe is kidding himself that there was any objective reason to impeach Clinton other than "the Republicans thought it was a good political decision." That's all it was.

You can impeach a president for wearing the wrong color suit. If you get the votes, that's it. There is no standard other than that which Congress itself defines.
                      I thought I said that. You're doing the same thing for tD.

Maybe if he was a ham sandwich??
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I thought I said that. You're doing the same thing for tD.

Maybe if he was a ham sandwich??
                        We are "doing the same" to the extent that it is by definition political so yes it must be political.

We are not "doing the same thing" to the extent that, beyond the whims of partisanship, Dump deserves to be dislodged from his position by every objective standard of law and moral decency ever devised by human beings. That you and your Republican peers cannot see this is just a testament to how blind you are.

But hey, the gangster's moll always stands by her man, too.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There was a caveat there (possibly). There was no way an impeachment conviction of Slick was possible. There has to be some way of punishing a president short of the political guillotine. Since Congre$$ controls the purse strings..

And your pathological hatred of all things GOP does not become you.
                          You realize he used to vote Republican, right? He's mentioned that before. The party left him, not the other way around.

Comment

Outrage!!
                            Condemnation!!!!
                            Humiliation!!!
                            Lord, I have sinned.

then nothing.
                            Sure. That's what would have happened.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Sure. That's what would have happened.
                              Swaggarts are still preaching, aren't they?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Since Congre$$ controls the purse strings..
                                What part of "The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected" from article 2, section 1 of the Constitution is unclear?

Comment

Working...
                                X