• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My goals for this year :
    - reduce sugar consumption
    - start doing CrossFit again
    - build up some muscles

Comment

• It bothers me that the "muscle weighs more than fat" myth is still persistent in 2022.

I know I've gained weight. While I know I've been lifting, stress from work and life in general has me hanging out with Ben and Jerry a whole lot more than I do when times aren't so rough.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Thanks to diet and cardio, I was able to go from 300 to 240 in 4 months, and 300 to 220 in 8 months. Been riding that 220 ever since, but I got a goal for a big bike race in August and its a lot easier to carry 200 lbs up a hill than 220 lbs.

Best workout accessory you can get to help you meet your goals is a food scale and smaller plates. Eat whatever you want, just less of it as recommended in this article https://betterme.world/articles/30-d...t-weight-loss/ . Good info there.
        Last edited by BirdPiano; 04-29-2022, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Sure Jan.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            I think we can all agree sport is good for our health. Nothing is better for our health than sport. We are always taking about sport and how good sport is.
            Also, health is good for sport.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by BirdPiano View Post
              Thanks to diet and cardio, I was able to go from 300 to 240 in 4 months, and 300 to 220 in 8 months. Been riding that 220 ever since, but I got a goal for a big bike race in August and its a lot easier to carry 200 lbs up a hill than 220 lbs.

Best workout accessory you can get to help you meet your goals is a food scale and smaller plates. Eat whatever you want, just less of it as recommended in this article https://betterme.world/articles/30-d...t-weight-loss/ . Good info there.
              No you didn't.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• No joke, in 2014 I went from 360 to 225 in about 10 months, started just after Presidents Day. Diet and exercise is always the key, but I was on a pretty strict diet that kept simple carbs to a minimum. Stuff like that can be done, but it’s not common. And then the trick is long-term management.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  No joke, in 2014 I went from 360 to 225 in about 10 months, started just after Presidents Day. Diet and exercise is always the key, but I was on a pretty strict diet that kept simple carbs to a minimum. Stuff like that can be done, but it’s not common. And then the trick is long-term management.
                  I was curious if they switched from lead acid to lithium.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• But seriously, that's amazing
                    Code:

Comment

• I've reintroduced walking to my routine. I'm going roughly 2-3 miles a trip, 3x a week.

Comment

• My goal for 2022 was to get rid of a certain percentage of fat in my body. The whole spring I couldn’t lose weight and now I get it and I'm happy. Of course, this took some time, a lot of exercise in the gym, vitamins and supplements from Canada Drugs, a lot of water and a balanced diet. I feel very good in my new body now. I don’t stop doing sports because it also brings me pleasure!
                        Last edited by jjuliajul11; 06-28-2022, 04:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjuliajul11 View Post
                          My goal for 2022 was to get rid of a certain percentage of fat in my body. The whole spring I could not lose weight and now I get it and I'm happy
                          You can't lose fat because the grease is essential for your gears you 2800-baud idiot
                          Code:

Comment

• I could stand to shed some pounds this year. I almost succeeded and only thanks to the help of https://betterme.world/articles/lose...weeks-workout/ . It's very cool. Of course, there is only a month and a half left until the end of summer and the swimsuit season, but it is better to reach your goal already. My friends also tried to lose weight, but they didn't succeed, and when I recommended my method to them, they also began to lose weight.
                            Last edited by jjuliajul11; 07-29-2022, 03:42 AM.

Comment

• Goals for the next couple weeks:

-More home cooking
                              -Less grazing, even though I work in direct care
                              -Walk more, like 2 miles, 2-3x a week.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjuliajul11 View Post
                                I could stand to shed some pounds this year
                                Moore's Law almost guarantees it.

Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X