Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2018: One Step At A Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Today was my 122nd consecutive day running on it.

Edit: I miscounted: 146 consecutive days.
    I just hit 6k minutes in the annual peleton challenge. Hoping to get to 14k

Comment

• I have noticed weights/core stability work don't ramp up my appetite like extreme cardio.

That said, I miss being able to lace up my shoes and go. Always will.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Trying to get up to 20 lb weights by September and 50 by the end of the year.

Pretty sure I can lift 15s now.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• What kinds of lifting?
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            What kinds of lifting?
            Free weights. Using Beachbody Muscle Burns Fat right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              What kinds of lifting?
              And ever since I picked up weights and core stability, it's showing. It's much better for me than extreme running, I have way more energy, and I look and feel better than I did at 20 and 30 COMBINED
              If this is what I look like at 40, bring on the next 10 years.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSNfhYin...dium=copy_link

Comment

• I looked up and realized I was completely free from Diet Culture.

No more magazines, no more competing advice, no severe restriction, nothing with a name. Not even listening to "lose those last 10 lbs now."

Just started to do what was best for me and kept going in that direction.

Comment

• Lifting is good.

Not arguing with 6'1, 207.4 at the moment and definitely not arguing with it being easier to maintain weight.

Comment

• Lifting 20 lb weights now. Thinking I'll be at 30 lbs by March.

And sitting between 205-210 on the scale, all I really want to do is shift the range to 200-205.

Comment

• All the recently released Peleton classes with Abba music are so much fun.

Comment

• 13 lbs down from the start of the year.

Average 25 lb loss maintained from the start of sobriety.

Increased to 20 lb weights in each hand.

No longer possessed by Diet Culture and the harm it causes.

In many ways, I have better endurance than when I was running marathons.

I really owe my success to classic Amber Marie obstinacy and an endurance mentality.

Comment

• Sport is very good for our health. I feel great when I do this although this year I've had a lot of freebies. As always at the beginning of the year, I regularly went to the gym, drank various strips with supplements from online pharmacy, ate healthy food. But already in April I stopped doing it at all because there was a lot of work and I didn't have time for anything! I set a goal for this year to go to the gym at least 1-2 times a week, eat fast food very rarely, move a lot (walk to work, bike or regular walks). Good luck to everyone this year and I wish everyone a lot of motivation!!!
                          Last edited by jjuliajul11; 01-10-2022, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• I think we can all agree sport is good for our health. Nothing is better for our health than sport. We are always taking about sport and how good sport is.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjuliajul11 View Post
                              Sport is very good for our health. I feel great when I do this although this year I've had a lot of freebies. As always at the beginning of the year, I regularly went to the gym. But already in April I stopped doing it at all because there was a lot of work and I didn't have time for anything! I set a goal for this year to go to the gym at least 1-2 times a week. Good luck to everyone this year and I wish everyone a lot of motivation!!!
                              Si, comrade
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• How's the Peloton crew coming along?

For weights, 20 lbs in each hand are becoming less of a challenge for me and I could very well be at 25 or 30 in each hand by next month.

Comment

Working...
                                X