No announcement yet.

Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2018: One Step At A Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For me, it's a case of knowing what I need to do... I just need to get off my butt and do it.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Between February 2020 and December 31, 2020, I dropped 58lbs. I'd like to drop some more, maybe another 20 or so, and I should be in goodish shape.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Nice work!
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• In April I got an Oculus Quest (VR headset) and started doing VR workouts every day. It is a lot of fun and it really kicks my butt. Lost a little bit of weight and then in the Fall started running. Short distance stuff nothing too great. When the temperature dropped I went back to using the recumbent elliptical we have and we have a treadmill coming. I now exercise somewhere around 3-4 times a day (walk, VR boxing, VR strength/cardio and elliptical) for about 2-2.5 hours. Even after the holidays I am still down in weight a significant amount and fit in clothes I havent been able to wear since I was poor in my late 20s/early 30s. (when I was in my best shape)

The Pandemic has given me so much time even laziness got boring so now I work out all the time like a crazy person!

Nice work Clown!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I've started back slow with walking local malls and box stores like Meijer. Tomorrow, starting back into Barre Blend and ChaLEAN Extreme (weights). I had to make sure the 15 lb limit was lifted.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Prior to augmentation: Around 213
              Immediately after augmentation: 221
              After a week and a half at the Grandville Meijer, and my job is a whole lot of walking and lifting: 212.

Comment

• I’m working with a nutritionist right now. Spent first two weeks just tracking what I ate everyday for her. Looks like I was chronically under eating by 400 or so calories each day. It’s been a conscious effort to eat nearly 2000 calories a day for me- of course that is on pretty clean food, not junk.

hoping I can get my metabolism going better by getting calories up. I suspect my body has been storing a lot of fat due to the under eating- which wasn’t on purpose.

she’s likely putting me into a deficit once I get more days on the 1900 calories

Comment

• Holy cow

eat more cow
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I discovered after getting back into purposeful workouts, I'm happier, less stressed, and not as sore after a hard day's work.

As for my right foot, no changes, but it's not getting worse and I'm free to do yoga, Barre, and weights.

Comment

• My eating is where it needs to be, but the consistent workouts and the water aren't there. If I can get back to 4-5 days a week of 30-60 purposeful minutes and lots more water, I'll be good.

Also, between 210-214, I don't think I need to lose any more.

Comment

• I do have to credit Peloton for making me more consistent. Esp when it’s been a week since I’ve been able to walk outside thanks to the vortex.

Took a few financial investments for me though- bike, and nutrition coach. I’m eating the right amount of food and hitting macro targets. 20-30 mins on bike a day plus yoga/stretching and strength training 3-4 days a week. Peloton makes it easy and let’s be honest, so does being stuck at home

Comment

• Between 210-214, I have no more weight to lose.

However, I notice my mental health has drastically improved with consistent workouts and better eating. I'm not perpetually bitter and angry. I'm not taking 4 hour depression naps while listening to Julien Baker and Adele unironically. I actually want to spend time with me. And the best part of all this: F It Amber is nowhere to be seen. My grades have improved in school, I'm doing better at my job, I'm taking better care of my abode, etc.

Comment

• I learned Jaromir Jagr has been doing 1,000 squats a day since he was 7 years old.

No wonder he can outskate players half his age.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              I learned Jaromir Jagr has been doing 1,000 squats a day since he was 7 years old.

No wonder he can outskate players half his age.
                              Basic exercises are the path to success. Since January I have been doing squats, push-ups, pumping the press, standing in the bar, pulling up. Added daily runs 2 weeks ago. For a productive workout, I drink Creatine Monohydrate. I chose a product from Optimum Nutrition because I had seen their products before and heard good reviews about them. Creatine energizes me for a run.

Comment

• I stepped on the scale yesterday and it said 205. I probably could stand to eat more cow (and chicken, duck, pig....) with the amount of activity I get per day.

Comment

Working...
                                X