Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2018: One Step At A Time

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I’m down about ten pounds in the last ten weeks, so doing it slowly. Cleaning up the diet and doing strength training and riding my Peleton.

    had to start slowly after covid ravaged me but is nice to see a little progress
    Peleton rocks.

    We should start a Cafe Club and ride together.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Kepler View Post

      Peleton rocks.

      We should start a Cafe Club and ride together.
      I love it, think it was a great investment for me.

      Anyone else here have one? We should totally get a group!

      my rides this week have been great after I had the mart wilpers team so assessment- checked all kinds of strength and flex, moved my cleats and then did some slight seat and bar adjustments and voila now I look nearly proper
      Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 12-06-2020, 10:39 PM.

      Comment


      • #93
        For me, fitness is not a journey but a lifestyle. Its what makes me happy. I look great. I feel great. I have fun doing physical things here. Its my lifestyle. Its not what I do, its who I am. Every since I was a little kid I would run around the backyard, jump over things, lift rocks pretending I was an Olympic weightlifter, have contests with my brothers and sister to see who can do the most situps, pushups, jump the farthest, jump over the highest pile of whatever, run around the block the fastest, run from light pole to light pole the fastest, etc.

        I believe the body IS a temple and its the only one we have so we must take care of it and try to make it as good as possible by constantly maintaining and trying to make it better and better.
        Last edited by DonaldD; 12-18-2020, 03:18 AM.

        Comment


        • #94
          So… What are you trying to sell us?
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

          "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

          "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by DonaldD View Post
            For me, fitness is not a journey but a lifestyle. Its what makes me happy. I look great. I feel great. I have fun doing physical things. Its my lifestyle. Its not what I do, its who I am. Every since I was a little kid I would run around the backyard, jump over things, lift rocks pretending I was an Olympic weightlifter, have contests with my brothers and sister to see who can do the most situps, pushups, jump the farthest, jump over the highest pile of whatever, run around the block the fastest, run from light pole to light pole the fastest, etc.

            I believe the body IS a temple and its the only one we have so we must take care of it and try to make it as good as possible by constantly maintaining and trying to make it better and better.
            Any websites you recommend?
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by DonaldD View Post
              I believe the body IS a temple

              Fig. 1 Sunday Services
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

              Comment


              • #97
                Is that dude sporting a purse?
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Is that dude sporting a purse?
                  That was the norm before paper currency. A billfold wouldn’t work so well when coins are the Benjamins. (Yeah, that’s right, I’m hip.)
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                  "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                  "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

                    That was the norm before paper currency. A billfold wouldn’t work so well when coins are the Benjamins. (Yeah, that’s right, I’m hip.)
                    Quit looking at his coin pouch
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                    Comment


                    • It's a European carry-all!

                      Comment


                      • Breast augmentation tomorrow. Inevitably, it'll add about 7-8 lbs... that I wanted. Question, and I'm hoping someone can help:

                        I would like to get back into structured workouts, but after Sunday, I'll have about a 15 lb weight limit. My initial thought was either Barre Blend (2 lb weights) or higher intensity cardio. Your thoughts?
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

                        Comment


                        • Are you able to walk for any distance now? Adding a couple pounds in strapped weights actually adds a lot more effort than you'd expect.

                          Otherwise, you can do a large array of weightlifting routines while limiting your weights. Lunges, squats. Are you able to work your upper body at all? If so, you could do bench press, shoulder press, curls, arm extensions. Do you have a workout bench, or just a long bench upon which you can lay?
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                          "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                          "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Are you able to walk for any distance now? Adding a couple pounds in strapped weights actually adds a lot more effort than you'd expect.

                            Otherwise, you can do a large array of weightlifting routines while limiting your weights. Lunges, squats. Are you able to work your upper body at all? If so, you could do bench press, shoulder press, curls, arm extensions. Do you have a workout bench, or just a long bench upon which you can lay?
                            Off the top of my head, I can walk for about 3 miles max before foot pain sets in. This is wearing the brace and taking it easy. I was honestly thinking after the 15 lb weight limit came off, I would restart Chalean Extreme.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jjuliajul11
                              This summer I had a goal to lose weight and pump up a bit. For about a month I went to the gym and did a lot. It didn't help me lose even a little weight. I found several ways. There I read about different types of diets, when and how long you need to exercise and about vitamins that help lose weight faster. In a few weeks I will have a very good result. Now I don`t do sports since the summer but sometimes I go to the gym in order not to recover
                              you found several ways to not lose weight?

                              Somebody call Stockholm.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jjuliajul11
                                This summer I had a goal to lose weight and pump up a bit. For about a month I went to the gym and did a lot. It didn't help me lose even a little weight. I found several ways. There I read about different types of diets, when and how long you need to exercise and about vitamins that help lose weight faster. In a few weeks I will have a very good result. Now I don`t do sports since the summer but sometimes I go to the gym in order not to recover
                                This might be the most honest weight loss plan I've read, and coming from a bot at that.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X