Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Can't say if I've ever had any gin from France before, but I bought a bottle of Citadelle and it's very nice on the rocks.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Ignominious is not an awkward word. Ignominy, though.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by burd View Post

They've been selling these products since the lead-up to the '20 election, so they must have taken some precautions.
    Conservatives are cowards, so they will never actually face a forthright daylight challenge. But drive-bys and letter bombs are the tools of cowards.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I hope they have security.
    They've been selling these products since the lead-up to the '20 election, so they must have taken some precautions.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by burd View Post
    I'd guess it's been mentioned on this thread before, but a shout out to Minocqua Brewing Company for marketing Beers named for Biden (Biden Beer), Bernie (Bernie Brew), AOC (AOC Ipa), and Kamala ('LA). Minocqua is a busy tourist destination in lake country that is pretty red. The owner, Kirk Bangstad, recently filed suit in WI seeking to declare Trump inelible to seek office under the 14th, as other plaintiffs have done in other states. I'm sure his business has taken hits (and received threats) since he began selling liberal-labeled beer, but he is only doubling down, it seems. Hats off to him.
    I hope they have security.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    I'd guess it's been mentioned on this thread before, but a shout out to Minocqua Brewing Company for marketing Beers named for Biden (Biden Beer), Bernie (Bernie Brew), AOC (AOC Ipa), and Kamala ('LA). Minocqua is a busy tourist destination in lake country that is pretty red. The owner, Kirk Bangstad, recently filed suit in WI seeking to declare Trump inelible to seek office under the 14th, as other plaintiffs have done in other states. I'm sure his business has taken hits (and received threats) since he began selling liberal-labeled beer, but he is only doubling down, it seems. Hats off to him.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Happy nog season to those who celebrate

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I'd not give "absurd" as a synonym for inane. I would use insipid, imbecilic, cretinous.

Inane means empty of relevance or explanatory value. Absurd means empty of purpose or "being value" (Jesus, no wonder Hegel made up all those stupid German words. Maybe "quiddity"? But nobody knows what that really means including me.) Those are very different things. Inane is epistemological; absurd is ontological.

I love your choice of thread.

Thx. I knew this site would respond.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I'd not give "absurd" as a synonym for inane. I would use insipid, imbecilic, cretinous.

Inane means empty of relevance or explanatory value. Absurd means empty of purpose or "being value" (Jesus, no wonder Hegel made up all those stupid German words. Maybe "quiddity"? But nobody knows what that really means including me.) Those are very different things. Inane is epistemological; absurd is ontological.

I love your choice of thread.

Last edited by Kepler; 12-04-2023, 01:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Couldn't find an appropriate thread for this, so this all encompassing one will have to do.

For some reason, I had reason to google the meaning of "inane." I was surprised to find "absurd" among the listed synonyms. I haven't searched absurd yet, but that word usually has uses that are quite different to me. I haven't consulted my hardcopy Websters yet, because I have y'all. Am I alone on this?

And is this post, well . . . one of those?

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Short's has a lovely hop water.

And I discovered that Liquid Death more than makes up for sparkling wine and champagne.

Leave a comment:

• RENCEB
    replied
    Got a bottle of Empress 1908 Indigo Gin from my sister in law for my birthday this summer. Excellent. Just enough juniper and makes a beautiful lavender gin and tonic.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    My roommate mixed Jim Beam and grape juice last night, then wondered why she didn't feel so well.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I found a ginger beer from the UK that I like, good enough to drink as it is.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Enjoying a single malt and stumbled upon a Bigfoot debate in which someone provided a classic Mitch Hedberg quote:

I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X