Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I would assume that the supply chain for those places will stay intact. I haven't seen it expressly said in any publication regarding these Shelter at Home orders however.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

All I do lately is run out of wine, then run to the store to get some more.

Behold, it's the only running I do lately!
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

What I picked up today:

Three Olives Rosé vodka

Magic Hour Strawberry Rosé wine.

However, I was bummed I couldn't find my St. Julian Social Butterfly.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

The Three Olives vodka... I didn't pick up Rose, I picked up alcohol. Won't buy it again.

However, I'm liking the Smirnoff Whipped Cream. That definitely makes me basic.

Comment

Had margaritas tonight while grilling out. God I miss margaritas outside. That was good. The burgers weren’t just good, they were really ****ing great too.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

A lovely tempranillo from Aldi.

Comment

I'm currently going dry, but when I have alcohol again, I set some basic rules to help me keep it in moderation instead of every night.

1. Drink 1-2 nights a week. Not on nights I have to wake up for work.
                2. 1 glass at a time. Don't kill the bottle of wine, don't have another beer, don't have two glasses of hard liquor when I clearly cannot handle it. Processing liquor at 38 is different than at 23.
                3. Establish a drop dead time for drinking. If the clock reads 7:30 PM or later, no alcohol. Fs up my sleep.
                4. Even though I have plenty of it in the house, I keep bringing home new bottles from Meijer or Aldi. No more. Use what I have, THEN get more.

I notice when I followed these rules in the past, I felt better and I had it under control. And I also know right now, hardly anything is under my control, so I've been drinking to cope. Hence the need to go dry until the SIPs are lifted.

Comment

Realizing this is a huge first step. Congrats!

It's going to take lots of self discipline, but your previous experience in training for marathons will be beneficial in setting a goal and sticking to it.

There are a few of us around here who rarely drink, gave it up, never have. We're all here for you.

Cutting back is going to be good, and you will see health benefits from drinking less.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Realizing this is a huge first step. Congrats!

It's going to take lots of self discipline, but your previous experience in training for marathons will be beneficial in setting a goal and sticking to it.

There are a few of us around here who rarely drink, gave it up, never have. We're all here for you.

Cutting back is going to be good, and you will see health benefits from drinking less.
                    At the very least, I know waking up with bad hangovers isn't fun. I've canceled DoorDash shifts lately because of awful hangovers.

Comment

Unless it's really good hard alcohol, I drink what I have and then buy more (for example, have a bottle Macallan 15 sitting around, and will sit around).

For beer? I have my "cellar," about 30 bombers/25oz bottles, aging them in my fridge (one exception: Sam Adams Utopias bottle, that's sitting next to the Mac15). Then I have my "walkin' around beer," beer that I'm actually drinking now. The latter, same thing as the hard alcohol, won't buy more until that stuff is gone.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        I drink what I have and then buy more
                        I'm pretty sure this is how buying things works.

I had a dorm mate in freshman year who drank before he bought more. The IPD didn't like that.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I'm pretty sure this is how buying things works.

I had a dorm mate in freshman year who drank before he bought. The IPD didn't like that.
                          Some people keep a fully stocked bar. That's a little different than what some of us do.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

And what I was doing was going out to get more even with plenty to drink at home. Here's the tally at home:

1 partial and one full Strawberry Rose
                            1 1500 ml Merlot
                            1 partial bottle of Smirnoff Whipped Cream Vodka
                            1 mostly full bottle of Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey

Under normal circumstances, that would last me two months. Instead, I've been drinking it a lot more, and Wednesday night, I had two glasses of Skrewball, which led to wanting to throw up and an alcohol-induced crying jag later. At 38, call me a lightweight, but I can't process hard liquor like I could at 23-24.

Comment

As of midnight tonight it will be 2 weeks without a drop of any kind for me. I think we'll pull out some wine tomorrow night though.

My (not so secret) to drinking is I have a glass of water (8 oz will do) between every drink without fail. Whether it's a glass of wine, a beer or hard liquor I drink water in between. Keeps me hydrated, I end up drinking less (without having to count) and I feel better in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                As of midnight tonight it will be 2 weeks without a drop of any kind for me. I think we'll pull out some wine tomorrow night though.

My (not so secret) to drinking is I have a glass of water (8 oz will do) between every drink without fail. Whether it's a glass of wine, a beer or hard liquor I drink water in between. Keeps me hydrated, I end up drinking less (without having to count) and I feel better in the morning.
                                Hydration and pacing are very key.

I like my 12% stouts and such. I'll crack a 25oz bottle of one of those, pour a 6oz glass of it, put the rest back in the fridge, and then repeat that step until it's gone. It'll take me about 3-4 hours to finish a bottle.

Comment

Working...
                                X