X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    No offense, rube, sorry., but....

Ignore his advice about ignoring corporate sellouts. Find something to protest that actually might make a difference. Like the rampant racism at Founder’s.

If I could sell my company for a couple hundred million, I’d do it twice.
    I am boycotting Founders. WW, their head brewer went to another brewery once the sale became official. I will buy from places where the buyer said "hands off, we just want money." See: Ballast Point.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I definitely don't go through Founder's as quickly, but have fallen short of a full boycott so far. Here in Miami, I bought a six pack of a beer from Veza Sur, then found they are InBev. Didn't purchase more. Thought about stopping by the taproom, but didn't. Wynwood and Wakefield got my money instead.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Random memory tonight: my Grandpa on my Mom's side loved Drewry's and we'd have it ready for him when he came over. These were huge boxes too, like 24-30 bottles in a case.

And from what I remember hearing, Drewry's didn't taste all that great.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Atwater Brewery has been sold to Molson Coors.

Hopefully, they leave my Vanilla Java Porter alone.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Atwater Brewery has been sold to Molson Coors.

Hopefully, they leave my Vanilla Java Porter alone.
            Dang. Atwater was pretty good, too.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The "Miss Thundercat." Part bourbon, part chocolate chili liqueur. Much better cutting the liqueur in half.

That being said, I've been nursing this for almost two hours.

Comment

Founders re-opened their DET taproom (the following is from a glittery friend that some posters here know):

They're donating ALL profits [from this taproom] for the next 3 YEARS, paid employees the entire time they were closed (I talked to a server today who told me he got a check for $900 every 2 weeks, plus a bonus check), put everyone through taining, set up programs to help the immediate community (including holding health screenings there), are refunding mug club membership payments for 2020 members, and thoroughly apologized.

They are off my sh*list for now.

Comment

Nah. They aren’t for me. “I don’t even know if he’s black. I don’t know his DNA.” is a bit more severe than “we’ll train people”
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Nah. They aren’t for me. “I don’t even know if he’s black. I don’t know his DNA.” is a bit more severe than “we’ll train people”
                    The donating of all profits to community programs is the part that swayed me. That's a pretty big move. Same with setting up the programs. Not joining them, but setting them up.

Comment

This is it. Right now, they're in damage control. I really don't think they've learned anything.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        This is it. Right now, they're in damage control. I really don't think they've learned anything.
                        Exactly. If they expand on this next year and show real growth, I’ll come back.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Exactly. If they expand on this next year and show real growth, I’ll come back.
                          If it was just training, that's one thing. I'd yawn and move on. The paying of the employees was the right thing to do, and they did. The starting of the programs on their own accord is above and beyond. It wasn't court-ordered, not part of the settlement, etc. Same with the profits.

Comment

Time will tell
                            Code:

Comment

Time will tell
                              If they revert, I boycott them again. I love their beer, but the purpose is more important.

Comment

Beer distributors.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X