Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

On a stop on the way home to get Dogfish Head's Suddenly Comfy (think: apple pie), there it was...a bottle of Sam Adams' Utopias. Pulled the trigger on it. Have had it before, decided this year if I happened to see it, I'd buy it to finally have a bottle of my own.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      On a stop on the way home to get Dogfish Head's Suddenly Comfy (think: apple pie), there it was...a bottle of Sam Adams' Utopias. Pulled the trigger on it. Have had it before, decided this year if I happened to see it, I'd buy it to finally have a bottle of my own.
      Have never had it, but obviously heard of it. Worth sacrificing some stout seasons for, understandably.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        Have never had it, but obviously heard of it. Worth sacrificing some stout seasons for, understandably.
        It really tastes like cognac/similar. There have been Old Chicago events, where $15 gets you 2oz and a regular Sam Adams pint, limited to World Beer Tour members, and only 12 members at that...

If you can find something like that, perfect. The other times I've had it was at bottle shares. Yes, that is how some of the bottle shares I attend roll. You bring the good stuff.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

This is exactly how it sounds. I would guess about 1% of us find it delicious. The rest of you, I pity.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            This is exactly how it sounds. I would guess about 1% of us find it delicious. The rest of you, I pity.
            Adroit is awesome.

Comment

What I wouldn't do for some Goose Island Bourbon County Stout.

Or Surly Smoke.

Or the dozens of new offerings created since moving here...

Comment

Had Trader Joe's Platinum Reserve Cabernet last night. Holy moly. That's a great bottle of wine at $15. Even not considering the price, that's one of the best cabs I've had. (Though, I don't drink many above $30)
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  What I wouldn't do for some Goose Island Bourbon County Stout.

Or Surly Smoke.

Or the dozens of new offerings created since moving here...

I don't even know if they make Smoke anymore. Hammerheart in Lino Lakes, I think you would like. They smoke 90% of their beers, no matter what style.

And there MUCH better limited stouts than BCS, and I'm not just saying that (and yes, I hope to get some BCS again this year).

Comment

I'm torn. I'm actually off for Black Wednesday/Friday for the first time since 2008 and I have no idea what to pursue for beer this weekend. Opportunity overload

Local BBQ place is offering some interesting flights today:

REVOLUTION Brewing
                    - 2019 V.S.O.R.
                    - 2017 V.S.O.D.
                    - 2018 Double Barrel V.S.O.D.
                    - 2019 Cafe Deth

"Vintage" Flight
                    - 2018 Greenbush Delusion
                    - 2017 BA Surly Darkness
                    - 2017 Bourbon County Stout
                    - 2017 Sierra Nevada Vintage Bigfoot

Both of those sound very interesting to me. Seems kinda strange to be looking forward to beer at 2pm on a Wed., but hey, it's Barrel Aged season .

Don't have a clue what I want to pursue on Friday, especially if I can get my Revolution fix today. Hailstorm Brewing has some interesting stuff on tap for Saturday so might check that out. Like a kid in a candy store
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Yuengling may be as-shats but their Chocolate Porter with Hersheys is delicious.

Also a very spiffy collectibles glass.

Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Happy Blackout Wednesday!

https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...237684934.html

Now find a < bleep > designated Drunksgiving driver.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Happy Blackout Wednesday!

https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...237684934.html

Now find a < bleep > designated Drunksgiving driver.
                          When I was there cops in Boston called it "Drunksgiving" and hated it because it was so dangerous to even pull people over because another drunk would probably veer at you while you were ticketing. I mean, Boston cops basically hate everybody (they have to deal with Bostonians all year long) but around the holidays they all turned into Louie De Palma. In December they would treat white people like they treated black people!
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            I'm torn. I'm actually off for Black Wednesday/Friday for the first time since 2008 and I have no idea what to pursue for beer this weekend. Opportunity overload

Local BBQ place is offering some interesting flights today:

REVOLUTION Brewing
                            - 2019 V.S.O.R.
                            - 2017 V.S.O.D.
                            - 2018 Double Barrel V.S.O.D.
                            - 2019 Cafe Deth

"Vintage" Flight
                            - 2018 Greenbush Delusion
                            - 2017 BA Surly Darkness
                            - 2017 Bourbon County Stout
                            - 2017 Sierra Nevada Vintage Bigfoot

Both of those sound very interesting to me. Seems kinda strange to be looking forward to beer at 2pm on a Wed., but hey, it's Barrel Aged season .

Don't have a clue what I want to pursue on Friday, especially if I can get my Revolution fix today. Hailstorm Brewing has some interesting stuff on tap for Saturday so might check that out. Like a kid in a candy store
                            Revolution anything is awesome.

The 2017 BA Darkness is saved by the BA part. That year was missing something in the base. Even then, it is a subpar Darkness version. I dunno about the others.

I will try to get BCBS/Variants, but won't have an opportunity until about 6pm, due to work. If I miss out, I'm not going to be sad. They're a'ight, but nothing to fret about.

Comment

If you ever find yourself in Colorado, never, and I mean NEVER, buy Elevate vodka from Mile High Spirits.

I bought one with a chip in the neck and Clint Malarchuk'd my thumb getting it open.

ETA: Wasn't a chip actually - it had one of those plastic top corks with a little ridge in the glass for a tab to pull the cork up, I tried to twist the top to get the cork moving and caught the ridge (which was seriously knife sharp) and registered 0.5 Muta.
                              Last edited by Twitch Boy; 12-29-2019, 09:04 PM.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Rose and a lot of it.

Hey, it's that time between Christmas and New Year's. I'm not sure what I should be doing.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X