Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    This was created simply to differentiate indie craft brewers that have no possible influence from bigger companies. It's basically an internet sticker to inform the consumer that they are truly independent. Micro-craft-macro definitions are defined by volume produced. Sam Adams is (was?) in danger of being defined as a macro, due to the volume they produced, and they tried (are trying) to up the limits (which I think is bs). They don't want to be labeled as a macro. There's a stigma with that amongst craft beer consumers.

I still buy Ballast Point, once it was determined that their parent company flat out said, "We're not messing with the product." When InBev took over Goose, they put in their own brewers (and the Goose brewers started Off Color brewing). When InBev bought up Wicked Weed, the head brewer quit that day and went to work for BrewDog (I believe that was the name of the brewery).

It's just more info for the consumer, so the consumer knows what they are buying.

Edit: I still buy a bottle of BCS every year, and also every year I come closer to not buying it at all. 2 of the last 3 years, they've made it easier by screwing up the quality of what once was a grand beer.

Article in today's Taste section of the Star Tribune about the logo.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So with Lagunitas, they're not messing with it?

That's all I wanted to know.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        So with Lagunitas, they're not messing with it?

That's all I wanted to know.
        As far as I know, Heineken just wants the profits. That's it. I think some bigger beer companies are learning after InBev's takeover of Goose Island and messing with it. The craft beer crowd is a fickle crowd. Some are still hardcore, and won't buy Lagunitas now. The majority are mostly like me, where if you don't mess with it, ok that's fine. I still try to avoid it, but if it's good, might sneak in a beer or two from them.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Opened up a bottle of Chateau Aeronautique tonight. I really think this might be one of the best wineries in the Midwest.

I think it’s a little spendy, but it’s still outrageously good.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Opened up a bottle of Chateau Aeronautique tonight. I really think this might be one of the best wineries in the Midwest.

I think it’s a little spendy, but it’s still outrageously good.
            I think we've hit "Pinky Up" stage.

Tried Curmudgeon's Better Half by Founders. Holy crap that is a smooth beer. Curmudgeon aged in maple bourbon barrels.

Then cracked a Bozo Beer from Evil Twin. Pint can, all the adjuncts. All of them. 17.5% ABV, does NOT taste like it. Very dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I think we've hit "Pinky Up" stage. .
              Says the guy who won’t drink “macro” because... reasons.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Says the guy who won’t drink “macro” because... reasons.
                Buy local. That's the reason. Support the little guys. And technically, I am not all-micro. I still buy Ballast Point and Lagunitas on occasion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I think we've hit "Pinky Up" stage.

Tried Curmudgeon's Better Half by Founders. Holy crap that is a smooth beer. Curmudgeon aged in maple bourbon barrels.

Then cracked a Bozo Beer from Evil Twin. Pint can, all the adjuncts. All of them. 17.5% ABV, does NOT taste like it. Very dangerous.
                  Hoping we'll get Better Half out here. Have talked with my bottle shop a few times...

Comment

Went to New Holland last night; not only was I gifted a 4 of Dragon's Milk from a friend, I tried their Filthy Pumpkin, which is their pumpkin beer mixed with Dragon's Milk. Will make at home.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                      Hoping we'll get Better Half out here. Have talked with my bottle shop a few times...
                      It's pretty low-key around here. I have been to 4-5 shops in the past week, checking in on things, and have only seen it at 2; however, it did JUST hit those shops, so maybe more will be popping up.

Comment

I can get it at the grocery store...
                        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                          I can get it at the grocery store...
                          As of a couple months ago you could still get KBS at the store, too, where you are.

Comment

J. Henry bourbon

Not my favorite. They say five years, I call bull****. This tastes like under 2.
                            Code:

Comment

Had Founder’s Mothership Series MF Donkey Stout today. Good Lort... first beer since before July 30; heaven. So tasty. Might have to go back after the game to have some more.
                              I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Not to bring politics into this sacred thread but anyone think it would be funny if one of the mainstream beer companies started advertising with some of the Kavanaugh hearing footage where he keeps talking about beer?

Miller Lite...the official beer of the Supreme Court. Get Boofed
                                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X