Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    The cork in my Macallan scotch broke off clean with the top of the bottle. :-/
    Tap a nail into it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Or get a corkscrew . Just frustrating since it’s my first broken cork in a whiskey.

Tastes good maybe a tiny bit off.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Ok, so some of the cork ended up in my glass
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Or get a corkscrew . Just frustrating since it’s my first broken cork in a whiskey.

Tastes good maybe a tiny bit off.
          My worry with a corkscrew is the pressure needed, I guess. Hey, if it works, it works.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Diagonal worked. Drive the pressure towards the glass.

Otherwise I was going to mason jar the last bit.
            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              What's killing Big American beer?

Let's see. Too late tonight, but I have plenty of options within a 50 mile drive of me. I could go to Founders, Perrin, Creston Brewing, Mitten Brewing in Grand Rapids (MI) at least, I could go to downtown Holland and go to Our Brewing, Big Lake Brewing, or New Holland Brewing, and Bell's (Kalamazoo) and Arcadia Ales (Battle Creek) are within an hour drive.
              This. I'm not paying for **** water when it's sooo easy to get good stuff now. BevMo's a mile down the road!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

People keep saying millennial are killing macro brew.

No, sh|tty taste is killing macro.
                Code:

Comment

People keep saying millennial are killing macro brew.

No, sh|tty taste is killing macro.
                  Correct. However, Millennials have choices that folks like me never ever had. Sam Adams was the super craft beer at the time (and I still think it tastes below average). Once I got a hold of Ommegang....game over. And nowadays, Ommegang is a former thought, which is a shame.

Comment

Well yes of course. Evolution. I was just waxing poetic about Killians this weekend.

Then again, in a pinch I’m not going to complain about a miller lite.
                    Code:

Comment

Well yes of course. Evolution. I was just waxing poetic about Killians this weekend.

Chick Golden Light for me. So many memories of the softball playing days. And yes, Bud, as for many years, my last drink at the bar was a bottle of Bud and a shot of Jack. I won't WILLINGLY have this stuff again, unless it's a rare, rare, rare, occasion, or if it's bought for me....

Comment

Especially if it's free...

Macros will be fine. There are way too people who are perfectly happy with cheap and monotonous...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Laphroiag for dinner last night with chicken and veggie fajitas done on the grill. So delightfully smoky, but sweet.

Bottles were on sale at our local place (they have a summer sale to attract the MA and ME tourists). Picked up: 2 handles Titos, 1 handle Skyy, 1 Handle Goslings, 1 Handle Famous Grouse, 1 Handle Hornitos Repasado, 1 Handle Kraaken, 1L Laphroaig, 1L Tanquaray, 1L Jack (Black Label) for 275.00$ total. (Dad's retirement party is next weekend)

Comment

Get after it!
                            Code:

Comment

I see angels envy rye has finally caught up to demand.

It’s just sitting on the shelf around the metro. Unfathomable two years ago. Managed to find a double dry hopped pseudo sue as wel.
                              Code:

Comment

I see angels envy rye has finally caught up to demand.

It’s just sitting on the shelf around the metro. Unfathomable two years ago. Managed to find a double dry hopped pseudo sue as wel.
                                Now that TG has finally finished expansion, PS is out of FLA and back in IA for brewing, and the variants will be around on a more regular basis.

As for AE, meh for me, but I know the fandom. Now we need to get Yamazaki 18 up to demand.

Comment

Working...
                                X