X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I'm over a year sober (4/30/2020), but I pass the wine aisle at Meijer and "maybe one glass..."
    Good job! It’s not easy. I know.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Good for you.

Just remember the progress. It's not worth giving that up. Call your sponsor (if you've chosen that route). I know You don't need this advice from me, just trying to be of any help.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I'm over a year sober (4/30/2020), but I pass the wine aisle at Meijer and "maybe one glass..."

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I have to laugh at being called a "basic white b-tch" for what I was drinking when I was drinking. Lots of Rose, Prosecco, and whipped cream vodka.
    Maybe a basic white high school girl. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Part of my job is picking up booze for others as part of their Meijer order, and I've been judging people under my mask. Someone wanted 75 cans of Natty. Another one wanted 750 ml of Black Velvet. Seriously, do you have better taste in booze?
    I am convinced you could figure out everything about them by what they drink.

75 cans of Natty is either a Republican or a college student who doesn't vote.

Black Velvet is either a middle class person with surprisingly bad taste for his class or a poor person with surprisingly good taste for his class.
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-01-2021, 10:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Part of my job is picking up booze for others as part of their Meijer order, and I've been judging people under my mask. Someone wanted 75 cans of Natty. Another one wanted 750 ml of Black Velvet. Seriously, do you have better taste in booze?

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I have to laugh at being called a "basic white b-tch" for what I was drinking when I was drinking. Lots of Rose, Prosecco, and whipped cream vodka.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    I’ve never had chartreuse, but this was an interesting story from the times

https://mobile.twitter.com/joshchafe...28292975058944

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I thought you couldn’t get those. A mutual friend once sent you several bottles a couple years ago. :-)
    Depending upon the bottle some are easier than others to buy locally. : )

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    I thought you couldn’t get those. A mutual friend once sent you several bottles a couple years ago. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Some of my employees ponied up for the birthday this year. 1 bottle each of Bulleit, Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve Double Oaked and Balvenie DoubleWood 12!

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    When I was drinking, I told my supervisor at my internship what I was drinking when I was drinking. I was drinking Rose, Moscato, and whipped cream vodka. She told me she was judging me under her mask and called me a Basic White B-tch. All done with love.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

As Surly's owners were weighing the decision to keep the beer hall open or not, certainly the union announcement didn't help tip the scales in favor of remaining open. Undoubtedly the cost of a union campaign and the additional hassles associated with shutting down a plant and laying off union employees if/when a union gets voted in was something on the minds of the owners. I don't know how those economic issues couldn't be, along with all of the other economic issues to consider. It would sort of be like learning the cost of other inputs (say, kegs) are about to go up. In all likelihood it was a factor. I just don't know that it was the factor.
    Don't disagree.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    It could be coincidence. I'll give you that. Either way, not a great look. Unless you have a very compelling reason to announce the closure 24 hours after your employees announce intent to unionize, it seems pretty stupid.

https://twitter.com/mattdelong/statu...35600134205441
    As Surly's owners were weighing the decision to keep the beer hall open or not, certainly the union announcement didn't help tip the scales in favor of remaining open. Undoubtedly the cost of a union campaign and the additional hassles associated with shutting down a plant and laying off union employees if/when a union gets voted in was something on the minds of the owners. I don't know how those economic issues couldn't be, along with all of the other economic issues to consider. It would sort of be like learning the cost of other inputs (say, kegs) are about to go up. In all likelihood it was a factor. I just don't know that it was the factor.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    It could be coincidence. I'll give you that. Either way, not a great look. Unless you have a very compelling reason to announce the closure 24 hours after your employees announce intent to unionize, it seems pretty stupid.

https://twitter.com/mattdelong/statu...35600134205441

Leave a comment:

Working...
X