Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I’m not sure I’d put BA Silhouette above BAD. Not as a baseline assumption at least.
    That's fair. Many say the same with Dark Lord, although I will say DL that is 2 years old or less is definitely not ready to compete with BAD or BA Sil.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

A Jim Beam warehouse, containing 40,000 barrels of product, went up in flames late yesterday. The fire was still going at sunrise today.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        This is interesting:

"It's purposefully being allowed to burn for several more hours," Chandler said. "The more it burns, the less distilled spirits are in the debris."

That will also help ensure any runoff from the firefighting efforts don't pollute nearby sources of drinking water.
        Or, to remember some junior high school chemistry...
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Flight of Dragon's Milk tonight at New Holland:

Dragon's Milk
          Dragon's Milk white
          Dragon's Milk raspberry hibiscus
          Dragon's Milk maple oak
          Dragon's Milk triple mash

Every last one of them delicious.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The Hibiscus one sucked, IMO. We're talking a drain pour of cough syrup.

Did get some Orange Chocolate DM when I was in MI last week, though. That's a pretty good one. Southern Tier does it better, but they've been doing that one for a bit longer.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Triple mash is friggin awesome
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I wish I coulda found some last week. Oh well, I bought enough beer to bring home (and supply a couple friends with my haul).
                Old Nation Boss Tweed DIPA (case)
                Old Nation M43 NE IPA (2 4 pks)
                Dragon's Milk Orange Chocolate (2 4pks)
                6 bottles of Schramm's Mead, various styles
                New Glarus Belgian Red (3 4 pks)
                New Glarus Serendipity (2 4 pks)
                Perrin No Rules Vietnamese Porter (2 bombers each of 2016-2019, Milky Way variant, Rum Barrel variant, and Maple variant)

Comment

I was surprised by the Triple Mash. I was expecting something bitter and heavy and it went down smooth.

Also, I liked the Raspberry Hibiscus if only because I prefer fruity beers anyway.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    I was surprised by the Triple Mash. I was expecting something bitter and heavy and it went down smooth.

Also, I liked the Raspberry Hibiscus if only because I prefer fruity beers anyway.
                    I'm a sucker for raspberry in beer (second probably only to vanilla). And I will stand by my drain pour statement about the DM Hibiscus.

Edit: unloaded 3/4 of a case of the Tweed and 2 bottles of the No Rules (variant) today to friends; it was on their wish list. FTR, no mule fee. It was at cost.

Comment

Dunno if this is real but it should be. Very smart.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It’s been at least a chain email for over a decade. Don’t know if it’s anything more than that because I’m not female and I’ve never worked at a bar.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It’s been at least a chain email for over a decade. Don’t know if it’s anything more than that because I’m not female and I’ve never worked at a bar.
                          Some bars actually have that, or you're instructed to "Ask for Angela."

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            Some bars actually have that, or you're instructed to "Ask for Angela."
                            The more you know...
                            Cornell University

Comment

If real, that's a smart move.

Comment

Actually getting global attention.

Comment

Working...
                                X